This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

"I get a sense among certain young people on social media that the way of making change is to be as judgemental as possible about other people."
    "One of the things I do worry about among progressives in the United States, maybe it's true here as well, is a certain kind of rigidity where we say 'Uh, I'm sorry, this is how it's going to be' ....
    This guy would get butchered on this board
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      How much of a sales tax would it cost to pay for all military expenditures, on and off the books?
      (On the books) military is about 3% of GDP, whereas healthcare is 20%, so probably about 4x or 5x less.
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        the idea of a 42% value added tax (VAT) was listed as ONE potential option to pay for M4A among 8 options in a report by the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. A VAT is not the same as a sales tax though.

Comment

Saw Amy interviewed this morning. So fun to watch her talk about how she wants to be "President for all Americans" (the, I can work with Republicans stance) and then two minutes later whine about how she can't get her election security bill to the floor of the Senate because of Turtle Boy. Sorry, Amy. The two thoughts don't square. I guess she forgot that Barack Obama was a "President for all Americans" and he couldn't work with them either. Even though he desperately tried and wanted to work with them.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

"President for all Americans" is what you say when you're a centrist trying to carve out your lane.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Funny thing about the Barrack quote is that it probably describes the pseudo-woke centrist identity politics crowd better than the left.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Saw Amy interviewed this morning. So fun to watch her talk about how she wants to be "President for all Americans" (the, I can work with Republicans stance) and then two minutes later whine about how she can't get her election security bill to the floor of the Senate because of Turtle Boy. Sorry, Amy. The two thoughts don't square. I guess she forgot that Barack Obama was a "President for all Americans" and he couldn't work with them either. Even though he desperately tried and wanted to work with them.
                Is she supposed to say I want to be a President for the Democrats and **** everyone else?
                I mean yes we want to win but saying everyone else can go suck an egg doesn't seem like a very good strategy.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

"President for all Americans" is what you say when you're a centrist trying to carve out your lane.
                  Don’t need to make room....nobody drives there. That lane is wide open.
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                    Mayor Pete, Biden, Klobuchar, Booker, Harris. Yeah, there's lots of room.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It's what you say at the National Party Convention and run ads for the two month sprint to the finish line. Then you get elected and govern from an extreme. Well, if you're a Republican. Democrats play Charlie Brown and Lucy once they get elected.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Funny thing about the Barack quote is that it probably describes the pseudo-woke centrist identity politics crowd better than the left.
                        This is the most meta-woke whining I've ever seen. The "crowd" is especially a nice touch. You must be the wokest S.O.B of all time if you're way more woke than that pseudo-woke "crowd."
                        Huskies are very intelligent and trainable. Huskies make an excellent jogging companion, as long as it is not too hot. Grooming is minimal; bathing is normally unnecessary.
                        USCHO Fantasy Baseball Champion 2011 2013 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          ?

23 people ran for the Democratic nomination. 19 of them are centrists. Bernie and Warren are liberals. Gabbard is troll. Willliamson is a Tralfamadorian.
                          Cornell University
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                            saying everyone else can go suck an egg doesn't seem like a very good strategy.
                            It's worked for the Right for 25 years.
                            Cornell University

Comment

It's worked for the Right for 25 years.
                              And?
                              Lowest common denominator...not a good move if you want to affect change.
                              Be better than them...dont become them.
                              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                                Funny thing about the Barrack quote is that it probably describes the pseudo-woke centrist identity politics crowd better than the left.
                                I'll bet you thought that sounded so smart when you typed it.

Comment

Working...
                                X