X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
    Guys,if you vote for anyone other than Bernie the world is going to end.
    This is all I've heard in this thread:

Bernie is way cool
    Everybody likes Bernie
    Everybody wants to hang out with him
    Anything he wants to do, he does
    He turns water into wine
    And if he wanted to
    He could turn wheat into marijuana
    Or sugar into cocaine
    Or vitamin pills into amphetamines
    He walks on the water
    And swims on the land
    He tells these stories
    And people listen
    He's really cool
    If you're blind or lame
    You just go to Bernie
    And he puts his hands on you
    And you will be healed
    That's so cool
    He can play guitar better than Hendrix
    He can tell the future
    He can bake the most delicious cake in the world
    He can score more goals than Wayne Gretzky
    He can dance better than Barishnikov
    Bernie can be funnier than any comedian you can think of
    Bernie is way cool
    He tells people to eat his body and drink his blood
    That's so cool
    Bernie is so cool
    But then some people got jealous of how cool he is
    So they killed him
    But then he rose from the dead
    He rose from the dead, danced around
    Then went up to heaven
    I mean, that's so cool
    Bernie way cool
    No wonder there are so many Bernie Bros.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Why is he so insistent on attacking someone polling in the single digits? Let it go.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        I'm saying he never had to deal with any real threats to his safety during his time there despite how dangerous he makes it sound and how he tries to play up that he was a troop and always mentions that AR-15's only should be used by people like him etc. when in reality he mostly worked in a financial unit in the safest area of the country.
        My brother's wife retired from air guard. She was deployed to Afghanistan for a year, likely to the same base as Mayor Pete, based upon what I know of both of their roles, insomuch as they've disclosed. I know from her firsthand accounts that they did have to take up weapon and man posts during attacks. There were no losses within their base when she was there, at least none that she would say, but there was need of manning posts. The enemy had a good idea of what was in that base, and liked to take pot shots every now and again.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          My brother's wife retired from air guard. She was deployed to Afghanistan for a year, likely to the same base as Mayor Pete, based upon what I know of both of their roles, insomuch as they've disclosed. I know from her firsthand accounts that they did have to take up weapon and man posts during attacks. There were no losses within their base when she was there, at least none that she would say, but there was need of manning posts. The enemy had a good idea of what was in that base, and liked to take pot shots every now and again.
          ...but never in danger
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
            Right but even he, at least from everything I can find, never had to do what you’re describing here. And he’s also running for president selling books bragging about how dangerous it was (he talks, in his book, about learning to differentiate between construction sounds and suicide bombers despite no attacks of that kind having happened anywhere in the city during that period) when the worst thing he had to do was go outside the base (nothing is really confirming this part mind you, we just have to take his word for it) occasionally into a city of 4.6 million where less than fifty ppl died during terrorist attacks that year (most of which occurred before and after he was there). That doesn’t sound nearly as dangerous as what you’re describing (actual attacks of the base they’re in).
            Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
            In other words Bernie does not have a real plan (or at least a realistic one). He senile sounding rants about millionaires sound good though.... Got it.
            Yeah man your reading comprehension is great no wonder you support Bill Weld.
            Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-12-2019, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Jfc...
              "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
              -Gallagher

R.I.P.
              Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
              Grandma ~ Jan 2004
              Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
              Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Amy Klobuchar was really good on Real Time last night. I still think she tries to hard to be centrist by squashing big ideas that not only could work but are going to have to work. There's too much "head in the sand" going on with the centrists and way too much denial going on with the right.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  Jfc...
                  I can talk to my cat better than we can talk to trix.

I'm tempted to respond to his posts with Biggie lyrics.
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Don’t make my mouthpiece obese like Della Reese

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                      Don’t make my mouthpiece obese like Della Reese
                      Also... you called me "man." About that. That may be fine for your frat house buddies, but ever since coming out and starting HRT, I really don't appreciate being called "man" or "dude" or "bro." I am none of those things. PLEASE stop calling me that. Correct yourself, or next time, I won't be so kind.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Also... you called me "man." About that. That may be fine for your frat house buddies, but ever since coming out and starting HRT, I really don't appreciate being called "man" or "dude" or "bro." I am none of those things. PLEASE stop calling me that. Correct yourself, or next time, I won't be so kind.
                        Yes, ma'am!

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

I didn’t call you anything, that’s a common phrase used when someone clearly posts something where you wonder what kind of hallucinogens they’re on. But I’ll try to be mindful of that and remember that not everyone here is a cis male (and yes I’m aware of your situation and would never intentionally do that).
                          Last edited by trixR4kids; 10-12-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Amy Klobuchar was really good on Real Time last night. I still think she tries to hard to be centrist by squashing big ideas that not only could work but are going to have to work. There's too much "head in the sand" going on with the centrists and way too much denial going on with the right.
                            Well I think that is part of what makes her a good Senator, but a bad candidate in this climate. In the Senate you have to play both ends (publicly hate the other side while working with them) but any Dem who runs on a platform like that is dead on arrival. (outside Biden) 20 years ago she would be a great nominee because she would say she can "get things done" and can be the adult in the room but the Dems need someone who can fight the insanity and she just isnt that. Not a knock, just not the type of candidate she is.

She can be my Senator til the end of time though
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I think ideally she’d eventually be primaried by someone better but last time around she faced a convicted murderer and like three other people who didn’t even have websites IIRC. So it’s not like there was any other option.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                She can be my Senator til the end of time though
                                Me too.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X