X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
    This ^^

With a MA number, but a NH address, ...
    Ditto with my Michigan phone number but Illinois residence. I got a phone call once from whoever it was that was the D nominee for Michigan governor after Granholm (they had my info from when I supported Granholm's reelection). I mentioned I moved out of state due to employment and the gal was apologetic and said she'd make sure I was off their lists and thanked me for the prior support. Haven't heard a peep since.

The Illinois calls were fun. Got hounded by a GOP representative office in 2014 or so. Finally answered one day and I politely asked the kid to take a good hard look at his Caller ID for who he dialed. Asked him to tell me where the 906 area code was in the State of Illinois. After a moment of silence the kid goes "ummm, it's not?" "Correct. Congratulations, your campaign dialed a Michigan phone number. You might want to have someone check their database."

Never heard from them after that either.

Last fun political call I got was summer of 2016. Was one of the polling places calling from a 202 DC area code. I spent the time to actually answer their questions pretty fairly. She went through the usual questions, then got to the favorable/unfavorable for each candidate at the time (it was before the conventions). When she asked "Do you think favorably or unfavorably of Donald Trump?" I blurted out "Oh fu** no!" She stifled her giggles and shyly said "I apologize, can you answer with unfavorable then please? I can't actually document your previous answer."
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Excuse me?
      You were laying the insults on pretty thick. So much so the Bernie Symbol was lit and trixie showed up to defend his boy

I wasnt insulting you...just pointing out you were definitely going after Bernie in a trolling like manner. I gut laughed at "Maple Syrup Jesus"
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Bernies Minneapolis rally moving to Williams arena due to demand.
        I may still go despite his annoying texts
        Its moving TOO Williams? I mean that is somewhat impressive, though not really especially since this was a Bernie state in 2016. (he was at the Rivercenter in St. Paul in 2016) The fact it was originally at Northrup is rather weird.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yahoo reports it would take a 42% sales tax to pay for M4A.

Not buying it.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            You were laying the insults on pretty thick. So much so the Bernie Symbol was lit and trixie showed up to defend his boy

I wasnt insulting you...just pointing out you were definitely going after Bernie in a trolling like manner.
            Fair enough. I think it's less him I hate and more of his fanbase. Like most people and God.

I should probably check that at the door, but sometimes it's hard.

I gut laughed at "Maple Syrup Jesus"
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
              Who is suggesting a sales tax?

Comment

Yeah, because sales tax is the WORST possible way to pay for it. Like, the only way it would be worse is if it were flat and capped like Social Security.

Anyone who advocates paying for entitlements with a flat tax or sales tax can automatically be ignored. They are pushing an agenda from the plutes.
                Code:
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  The author of that wasted virtual ink article.

Sounds like it's the new scare tactic the GOP and 1% will use to torpedo M4A.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Well, if you read the article, sounds like some conservative "concerned citizens."

Okay, that won’t do it. So what will? CRFB outlined a variety of options. A 42% national sales tax (known as a valued-added tax) would generate about $3 trillion in revenue. But it would destroy the consumer spending that’s the backbone of the U.S. economy. A tax of that magnitude would be like 42% inflation, wrecking consumer budgets and the many companies that depend on them, from Walmart and Amazon to your local car dealer.
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

That's precisely what this is. It's like saying you are going to pay for a house on a credit card. "DO YOU REALIZE YOU DON'T HAVE THE CREDIT LIMIT FOR THIS?! THE PAYMENTS WILL BE INSANE AT 15% APR!!!!"

Well, duh.
                      Code:

Comment

Warren maybe, though that hasn't really been confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          Well, if you read the article, sounds like some conservative "concerned citizens."
                          They're talking about healthcare costs beginning from scratch to fund MFA. Not even considering the vast amounts of money already spent on healthcare costs.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Comment

How much of a sales tax would it cost to pay for all military expenditures, on and off the books?
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Its Yahoo...might as well Ask Jeeves
                                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X