X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Says the guy who thinks labor is winning despite all data and evidence showing the opposite while also proclaiming that his blue collar career is indispensable while other blue collar jobs that are probably just as skilled and labor intensive aren’t.
    It's a slow war. The mere idea of this living wage is proof of it. While I disagree with it, it is gaining steam. Slow is the person who fails to realize that. Remember, one can be on the opposite side, yet still see the long term results.

And my job is not indespensable, yet. It may become so, it may not. I'm fighting to keep it the latter.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
      It's a slow war. The mere idea of this living wage is proof of it. While I disagree with it, it is gaining steam. Slow is the person who fails to realize that. Remember, one can be on the opposite side, yet still see the long term results.

And my job is not indespensable, yet. It may become so, it may not. I'm fighting to keep it the latter.
      Comparing the idea of a living wage versus 40 years of the rich fleecing this nation is laughable. As far as a "slow war" is concerned, Labor is fighting a guerilla war in America because Corporations already occupy it.
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
        Labor is slowly winning.
        What color is the sky in your world?

Comment

I repeat, he’s hopeless.
          U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
          Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
          I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
          But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
          Originally posted by Doyle Woody
          Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            So I missed the debate entirely. My take from the PBP here. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Warren rocked
            Biden drooled
            Bernie may not even have shown up
            Klobouchar, wait, cried?
            Tulsi, who did show up, was an idiot
            Nobody else should have bothered but Steyer is ugly

Fair summary?
            Buttigieg had the best night of the bunch of the part I watched

Comment

• Originally posted by The Rube View Post
              It's a slow war.
              "There is already a class war going on, and my class is winning." Warren Buffett

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                **** off. That wasn't being condescending. That was explaining because everyone I've explained that to so far didn't know that's where it came from.

When have I EVER made a comment disparaging your job? You can take your sanctimonious martyrdom crap elsewhere.
                But he sure has made plenty disparaging comments about people who work at "McJobs"

"Buck up, pull yourselves up by your bootstraps and get yourself a "real job". Like me".
                Last edited by rufus; 10-16-2019, 06:04 AM.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                  SMDH. You are hopeless. My advice to you is don't get hurt on the job and don't have an accident.

When you're in a union like me you may be replaceable but you don't go anywhere without a fight.

Yeah, the first major injury or illness he gets, we'll see how "not replaceable" he is in his "career"

But maybe they won't replace him. He's impressive, after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Capital has too much power so let's not claw back power for labor?

Rube says labor has all the power.

Comment

Listening to the reports on the debate. Does anyone really not realize that if Medicare for All passes that means no more insurance premiums? For anyone? That's a huge expense. I can afford to pay a little more in taxes if I'm no longer paying that crap. And it is crap.

Had an MRI for a cyst on my pancreas. This was diagnosed over 2 years ago. I have to have it checked every 2 years. They're watching for growth. My insurance company just denied the claim for the MRI calling it medically unnecessary. Not only that but they FARM OUT the denials to another company.

Yeah, that's a great ****ing system. **** insurance. And, Amy, stop whining.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        Listening to the reports on the debate. Does anyone really not realize that if Medicare for All passes that means no more insurance premiums? For anyone? That's a huge expense. I can afford to pay a little more in taxes if I'm no longer paying that crap. And it is crap.

Had an MRI for a cyst on my pancreas. This was diagnosed over 2 years ago. I have to have it checked every 2 years. They're watching for growth. My insurance company just denied the claim for the MRI calling it medically unnecessary. Not only that but they FARM OUT the denials to another company.

The people who claim they love their current insurance don’t use it
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          Yeah, the first major injury or illness he gets, we'll see how "not replaceable" he is in his "career"

But maybe they won't replace him. He's impressive, after all.
                          Except the part where I said I can be replaced. Idiot.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

People like Rube will vote against it because "think of how many people will become unemployed when insurance companies dissappear."
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

One insurance company refused a dental procedure, explaining that teeth are "luxury bones"

The responses to Bernie's social media posts asking for the worst denial ever are both comical and depressing.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                People like Rube will vote against it because "think of how many people will become unemployed when insurance companies dissappear."
                                And those are "real" jobs!

Comment

Working...
                                X