• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Beto should run for senate
    He couldn't beat America's Most Hated Senator... *shrug*

At a minimum he should be out there stumping for Dem candidates in flippable parts of Texas and raising money.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      Who else should the dems be running in Texas? Their demographics are shifting every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
        Beto out. Hopefully he finds a way to stay involved in the political scene.
        He will. He's a man in a hurry.

He's going to be the first Democratic TX governor since Ann Richards.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Who else should the dems be running in Texas? Their demographics are shifting every day.
          I don't know who else the Dems have, but Beto's toast in Texas for the foreseeable future after he moved left on guns and the religious org income tax exemption.

As a political candidate he's going to be an asterisk in the history books, and it's his own d@mn fault.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

At a minimum he should be out there stumping for Dem candidates in flippable parts of Texas and raising money.
            He can raise a metric sh-t ton in the non-senescent parts of TX. Austin, Houston, San Antonio.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Kamala's halfway out.

That leaves us: Bennet, Biden, Booker, Bullock, Buttigieg, Castro, Delaney, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Messam, Sanders, Sestak, Steyer, Warren, Williamson, Yang.

Top five polling (11/1 NY Times/Siena) are: Warren, Buttigieg, Biden, Sanders, Klobuchar.
              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                Kamala's halfway out.

That leaves us: Bennet, Biden, Booker, Bullock, Buttigieg, Castro, Delaney, Gabbard, Klobuchar, Messam, Sanders, Sestak, Steyer, Warren, Williamson, Yang.

Top five polling (11/1 NY Times/Siena) are: Warren, Buttigieg, Biden, Sanders, Klobuchar.
                I think the letting go of her staff puts her right out.

Klobuchar is rising, but it's a giant task ahead for her. I don't see her at the head of the ticket. She MIGHT get lucky and get named VP on a ticket, to get the midwest vote, but even that is probably a long shot.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

God I hope not. I'd much rather have her be my senator than VP.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                    God I hope not. I'd much rather have her be my senator than VP.
                    I would, too. VP is pretty much a worthless position, unless you can steer the prez, and given the other favored candidates, that's not gonna happen.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• You cannot hike middle class taxes in order to pay for this. That's a sure fire loser, no matter if its true in the end that people would end up saving $$$. Voters don't go for "give me $100 today and I'll pay you back $120 next year".
                      Thats quite literally what her plan is doing despite her mental gymnastics to convince people like yourself otherwise. A head tax is just a tax on the middle class as well but hers is actually more regressive

Comment

• Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        Thats quite literally what her plan is doing despite her mental gymnastics to convince people like yourself otherwise. A head tax is just a tax on the middle class as well but hers is actually more regressive
                        But the employer pays it.
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                        X