X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2020 Democratic Challengers Vi: The Undiscovered Country

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Man, you're a charmer.
    Ya know, I'm not the *only* one out here who says that about you.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
      Meanwhile, AOC and Ilhan Omar are endorsing Bernie.

Damm Bernie Bros. He can't get any women or minorities to support him.
      Is it your contention that anyone was suggesting they would not endorse him because I guarantee no one did.

It's a cute attempt but your straw man doesn't play. What do the polls actually say?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Is it your contention that anyone was suggesting they would not endorse him because I guarantee no one did.

It's a cute attempt but your straw man doesn't play. What do the polls actually say?
        I think there are a lot of people stunned that Ilhan Omar is endorsing the only Jewish candidate for president. Makes it difficult for them to say she's anti-Semitic.

What straw man do you think I was trying to prop up? It's been a pretty common criticism of Bernie's campaign since at least 2015 that only white males (read: misogynist racists) support him. I know I was called that repeatedly in the 2016 election cycle. Is that the straw man to which you refer? Because that isn't a straw man.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
          Ya know, I'm not the *only* one out here who says that about you.
          That cuts both ways, friend.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I think there are a lot of people stunned that Ilhan Omar is endorsing the only Jewish candidate for president. Makes it difficult for them to say she's anti-Semitic.
            No one is stunned.

Anyone with a brain know the anti-Semitic stuff is manufactured outrage

Comment

?

That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm personally quite surprised they're endorsing anybody and I don't think it's good strategy. They should be dealing and Indian burning to get commitments.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                No one is stunned.

Anyone with a brain know the anti-Semitic stuff is manufactured outrage
                But those without a brain...

Comment

What straw man do you think I was trying to prop up? It's been a pretty common criticism of Bernie's campaign since at least 2015 that only white males (read: misogynist racists) support him. I know I was called that repeatedly in the 2016 election cycle. Is that the straw man to which you refer? Because that isn't a straw man.
                  You realize a lot of Jews voted for Omar right?

I get you and trix want to pretend there is some Bernie persecution going on but there isn't.

Again what do Bernie's numbers say?
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I'm not sure how saying Sanders struggles to win over the non-white vote = only white males support him. As trix often states he does okay with younger voters of all colors but his polling isn't good with non-whites otherwise. That's not to say none of them support him.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      ?

That doesn't make any sense to me. I'm personally quite surprised they're endorsing anybody and I don't think it's good strategy. They should be dealing and Indian burning to get commitments.
                      Then you are being naive. The second he had his (not important) heart attack he needed his allies out there fast mitigating the damage. Them endorsing him is about as surprising as the Globetrotters winning anyways but especially after his episode
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I get you and trix want to pretend there is some Bernie persecution going on but there isn't.

I think the point is there are always scurrilous attacks which say nothing about the attacked and everything about the attacker. People who supported Bernie over Hillary were suddenly "sexist." Those same people are now supporting Warren over Biden and... crickets. No apologies, no retraction. The people who make these attacks are just being jerks. And the fact that they are devaluing the sincere accusations of sexism doesn't bother them in the least. They're cynical hatchetmen who just don't care.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Then you are being naive. The second he had his (not important) heart attack he needed his allies out there fast mitigating the damage. Them endorsing him is about as surprising as the Globetrotters winning anyways but especially after his episode
                          Oh I agree with you that this is supposed to keep Sanders from taking on water too fast. I get the short term political utility. But that's only valuable insofar as it advances the cause by helping force concessions from Warren. And I don't think it's very effective at that since the Squad could be another front in the pressure for sincere systemic change rather than just adjunct to Sanders' effort.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 10-16-2019, 03:35 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            I think the point is there are always scurrilous attacks which say nothing about the attacked and everything about the attacker. People who supported Bernie over Hillary were suddenly "sexist." Those same people are now supporting Warren over Biden and... crickets. No apologies, no retraction. The people who make these attacks are just being jerks. And the fact that they are devaluing the sincere accusations of sexism doesn't bother them in the least. They're cynical hatchetmen who just don't care.
                            Umm...have you gone back and looked at some of your posts from back then? I don't recall too many that weren't sexist and misogynistic and you did that for 6 whole months!

If a Dem leaning poster spent 6 months likening Barack Obama to every negative African American stereotype and called him and Uncle Tom or Buckwheat, you'd be the first one to condemn them. Yet we're all supposed to just overlook you doing the same thing because a female candidate had the nerve to beat your preferred choice? Spare us the violins Kep. You made your bed, now sleep in it.

Comment

Do you want me to dig up the social media posts I personally got in 2016 because I had the temerity to support a man instead of a woman for president? I was repeatedly told that the only -ONLY- reason I supported Sanders was because I was a misogynist. Not that *he* was, but that *I* was. Would it be fair to say that the only -ONLY- reason you support (insert candidate name) instead of Bernie is that you hate Jews? No, and I wouldn't make that claim. Other people seem to have no qualms making similar claims about Bernie supporters.

The numbers are all over the place. Politico has it Biden 32, Warren 21, Sanders 19 and The Hill Biden 31, Warren 15, Sanders 17 nationally. The Boston Herald has the NH primary at Warren 25, Biden 24, Sanders 22. CBS News has Iowa at Warren 22, Biden 22, Sanders 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                Umm...have you gone back and looked at some of your posts from back then? I don't recall too many that weren't sexist and misogynistic and you did that for 6 whole months!
                                You are a fool, Rover. Calling Hillary Her Majesty, Elizabeth Bathory, She Who Must Be Obeyed, the Iron Maiden and whatever other clever nicknames I had for her had nothing to do with misogyny or sexism. They had to do with her lethal imperiousness and entitlement which cost us the election. If you actually think it did (and I know you don't... you're lying, as usual) you're not just a fool but an ignoramus.

Beyond all of which.... objections to ad hom attacks coming from you are risible. You debate like a ten-year old and then, when the moment comes when you are backed into a corner without any reasonable comeback, as it always does, you snarl whatever vicious slander your puerile mind latches onto.

You don't add anything, Rover. You only show us who you are.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X