Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

Re: Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

Oh Bentley, why do you continue to destroy my pick’em record? Congrats on the win last night!

Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    Oh Bentley, why do you continue to destroy my pick’em record? Congrats on the win last night!
    Oops, I just congratulated you on the AHC Pick 'Em thread for picking Bentley, as I thought that you were always bullish on the Falcons, or is that just when they play against your Tigers. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Oops, I just congratulated you on the AHC Pick 'Em thread for picking Bentley, as I thought that you were always bullish on the Falcons, or is that just when they play against your Tigers. :-)
    I’ve asked Mar to release the name of that picker. On the flip side, I always appreciate a Bentley win over any other team in the region here where the leaves are falling and the nights are getting cool

So, either the ticket site has bad data, or BOTH of the games against Mercyhurst this weekend are virtually sold out. What gives? Has Bentley finally caught the hockey bug?

Quote Originally Posted by schiegs View Post
    So, either the ticket site has bad data, or BOTH of the games against Mercyhurst this weekend are virtually sold out. What gives? Has Bentley finally caught the hockey bug?
    Surprising, as attendance was pitiful this past Saturday night. I doubt that I will ever again be able to say that I watched three hockey games in the Bentley Arena in 26 hours as I did this past weekend. The Bruins-Rangers alumni game on Saturday afternoon was a delight. I did not recognize the Bentley team that I watched play on Saturday night, compared to the team that I watched play on Friday night.
    Last edited by Snively65; 10-29-2019 at 10:14 PM.

Just remembered it's Falcon Weekend (a.k.a. Homecoming) back on campus. That's likely why so many tix have been sold. In fact, I count a whopping 6 single tickets available for the weekend series.
    Last edited by schiegs; 10-30-2019 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by schiegs View Post
    Just remembered it's Falcon Weekend (a.k.a. Homecoming) back on campus. That's likely why so many tix have been sold. In fact, I count a whopping 6 single tickets available for the weekend series.
    Apparently standing room only on Saturday night, which is what I like to do anyway at strategic places along the concourse, a real plus for a smaller arena IMHO.

Hey, is anyone aware that Bentley broke their four-game losing streak with a 1-0 home win over the Brown Bears last night?

Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Quote Originally Posted by Snively65 View Post
    Hey, is anyone aware that Bentley broke their four-game losing streak with a 1-0 home win over the Brown Bears last night?
    Yup, closet Falcon fan here, 👍, since the Komm day’s, I had a gut feeling Bentley would play well against Brown and win, I just didnt think it would be 1-0. What a great job that unfortunately may have been overshadowed by SHU’s thumping of BU.

Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Yup, closet Falcon fan here, 👍, since the Komm day’s, I had a gut feeling Bentley would play well against Brown and win, I just didnt think it would be 1-0. What a great job that unfortunately may have been overshadowed by SHU’s thumping of BU.
    Gutsy second win in a row tonight, with SHG at 19:58 of second, and GWG midway through third at Holy Cross.

Burning the JAR

A familiar Hockey East face tonight... At times we've played Northeastern really well, at times gotten (very) lucky. We've also gotten blown out! Regardless, a team that we've had OOC success against. I'm can't imagine that any NU fan enjoys seeing Bentley on the schedule!

@BentleyTopShelf

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by The Top Shelf View Post
    A familiar Hockey East face tonight... At times we've played Northeastern really well, at times gotten (very) lucky. We've also gotten blown out! Regardless, a team that we've had OOC success against. I'm can't imagine that any NU fan enjoys seeing Bentley on the schedule!
    Copied from the Northeastern thread:

"B-B-B-B-Bentley? That Bentley? The very thought of Bentley makes me break out in hives."
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Falcons also described by NU fans as their kryptonite.

Welcome back from the woodwork, TTS.

Edit: I watched on NESN and thought that Bentley played well tonight; now 4-5-2 in the all-time series against NU, which should make some noise this season in the NCAA postseason.

Now, Bentley needs to go on a run against conference teams the second half like last season.
    Last edited by Snively65; 01-06-2020 at 09:27 PM.

All Hail

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    "B-B-B-B-Bentley? That Bentley? The very thought of Bentley makes me break out in hives."
    It's bad manners to quote oneself but I've broken out in hives. Honestly, Bentley deserved a better fate. Good showing by your guys.
    "Through the years, we ever will acclaim........"

Quote Originally Posted by Split-N View Post
    It's bad manners to quote oneself but I've broken out in hives. Honestly, Bentley deserved a better fate. Good showing by your guys.
    I am really impressed by the Huskies this season. But, I will be rooting against them again in Durham this coming weekend. :-)

Still not happy about BvR bailing on UNH for his senior season.

Having a look at the boards for the first time this season after attending the NU game last night. Looks like we could use some more participation!

Overall, I thought the Falcons outplayed the Huskies last night. The SOG agree with me as well. There's a lot of talent on this team, and like Schiegs started this thread with... there shouldn't be any excuses for not being at or near the top of the conference. Need to have a strong second half to lock up a bye!

Quote Originally Posted by acohen527 View Post
    Having a look at the boards for the first time this season after attending the NU game last night. Looks like we could use some more participation!

Overall, I thought the Falcons outplayed the Huskies last night. The SOG agree with me as well. There's a lot of talent on this team, and like Schiegs started this thread with... there shouldn't be any excuses for not being at or near the top of the conference. Need to have a strong second half to lock up a bye!
    Bye did not help last year. As I noted late last regular season, I think that Bentley plays better without time off, barring injuries that need time to heal, of course. Regardless, need to avoid facing RMU this postseason.

The two ties this weekend felt like losses to me. :-(

Thread Information