Thread: Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

I'll set the theme for this season's thread;

This program has had developments "on the horizon" since the mid-90s that have allowed us to always say, "Be patient, we're adding things in the near future." From going Division I, to adding scholarships, to a new arena, there has always been something to assuage the pains of defeat in the form of "exciting new resources are coming."

No more. Aside from potential conference realignments (I will absorb the scoffs, ridicule, and "3000 seat" quips to stand on my belief the HE is not as far-fetched as many believe), there is nothing else to add to this program. No more excuses. No more tomorrows.

It is no longer unreasonable to say that anything less than a conference championship is a failure. We have ALL the resources now; full compliment of scholarships, winnable conference, new on-campus arena and an attractive school to recruit for.

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by schiegs View Post
    I'll set the theme for this season's thread;

This program has had developments "on the horizon" since the mid-90s that have allowed us to always say, "Be patient, we're adding things in the near future." From going Division I, to adding scholarships, to a new arena, there has always been something to assuage the pains of defeat in the form of "exciting new resources are coming."

No more. Aside from potential conference realignments (I will absorb the scoffs, ridicule, and "3000 seat" quips to stand on my belief the HE is not as far-fetched as many believe), there is nothing else to add to this program. No more excuses. No more tomorrows.

It is no longer unreasonable to say that anything less than a conference championship is a failure. We have ALL the resources now; full compliment of scholarships, winnable conference, new on-campus arena and an attractive school to recruit for.

Discuss.
    Excellent thread launch analysis, schiegs.

I could not agree more that the Falcons need to get deeper into the post-season. It has been now well over a decade since the team has made it to AHA tournament.

Another big problem as I see it is the lack of enthusiasm on campus for ice hockey, as indicated by generally lousy attendance at the new arena. The Top Shelf students from the old JAR are long gone and apparently have not been replaced. I think that a strategic blunder is charging students $5.00 to attend games, which is likely a deterrent on general principle rather than dollar amount.

Re: Bentley Falcons 2019-20: The Future is Now

$5? What’s the point other than a deterrent? Get them in the door and they will spend more than that at the concession stands. BTW Snives, thinking about coming down for next Friday’s game. Pretty sure Ref is planning the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerman View Post
    $5? What’s the point other than a deterrent? Get them in the door and they will spend more than that at the concession stands. BTW Snives, thinking about coming down for next Friday’s game. Pretty sure Ref is planning the same.
    Spot on, Aerman. I will buy you, HR, and her hubby a beer next weekend; it is a fabulous arena.

Our Falcons had a rough start to the season, getting swept by RMU in Pittsburgh this weekend. As you may know, the Falcons had the longest unbeaten steak in the nation last spring.
    Last edited by Snively65; 10-12-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Thread Information