Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 229

Thread: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

  1. #161
    "Happy Talk" Ends Here...
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: Orange Cat Review - Guelph 12-29

    Quote Originally Posted by LtPowers View Post
    Is it possible the flu had something to do with that?


    Powers &8^]
    If that is the case, someone please explain to me how they dominated Canisius in the 3rd Period? Guess the were magically cured after drinking Harbor Center water in the 2nd intermission. Maybe not taking 4 minors in a period had something to do with it... maybe...
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  2. #162
    "Happy Talk" Ends Here...
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: &gt;&gt;&gt; RIT Tigers 2019-2020: &quot;We're on the clock&quot; &lt;&lt;&lt;

    Orange Cat Review: @ Canisius[/U]

    Puck Drop: After being bailed out by Jake Joffe's Shootout winning Goal, the Tigers limped into HarborCenter, and on a night the Bills blew it the Tigers decided to follow it up by asking some poor fool to hold their beer. Just hopefully that poor fool didn't drink it... RIT had a big come back all undone by a freshman mistake. Ryan Nicholson, there is a lot I like about this kids game right now I think he going to be really good the rest of the way and god I think he going to be great in the future years, but he chased and got lost when he should have just stayed in coverage on a 3 on 2. What turned into a harmless puck near the boards, all the sudden turned into a 2-1 to the Tigers net. Chris McKay came about a mm away from bailing him out as he got a piece of the puck, but it carried over to Grant Meyer who made a perfect pass for a layup goal.

    Blame Game: NO IT WAS NOT THE FLU. That got way over played all weekend, I am not doubting that some guys were not feeling their best, and do commend the way they gutted it out. But unless this flu some how made the Tiger dumber it was the penalties and that did them in. First game was stay out of the box, and still they took dumb stick penalties in the offensive end. They followed it up by taking 4 in the first period. More on this to come...

    Hockey Hero: Matt Hoover, the Peoria, IL native, scored the game winner just 18 seconds after RIT had fought all the way back from a 3 goal hole. Hoover had a couple of great chances, ironically if he had not buried one earlier we may not have even gotten to be the hero.

    Turing Point: Game turned when the Tigers stopped taking Penalties, as Wayne Wilson said, Canisius has seen their PK enough now they will have to completely change it up for the next meeting.

    Hey, You Did Good: Caleb Moretz, scored his 5th and 6th goal on the season. With some others, I think he is really going to give the Tigers a potent offense in the future.

    Look, You Need to Do Better: Caleb Moretz, Dan Willett, Chris McKay, Jake Joffe, Elijah Gonsalves, heck appropriately you can say the entire bench as RIT as like the fore-mention players took a penalty for too many men on the ice. Seriously not calling these guys out, you can just cycle new names in each game. That really the hard thing, it's no one guy, the undisciplined play is team wide.

    Good Move Wilson!: Wayne juggled some lines in the third and it did help the team get going, they dominated Canisius 17-9 according the box score I got.

    WILSON!!! Second-Guessing Wilson: As mention before, Wayne doesn't have an easy job solving the penalty situation, as he plain said it's everyone. However, it has really been a 4 year run now that RIT has either taken bad penalties are just made silly mistakes at the worst times. Since winning back to back AHA titles, the Tigers have been their worst enemy for the last 4 years and it's beyond frustrating at this point. I honestly wish I had a solution to offer, but coaches need to figure something out.

    Breathless: Tigers have been on the PP 75 times compare to 103 times for their opponents. Only Lake Superior and Maine have had to kill more Penalties...

    Next Shift Up: Two good out of conference weekends to maybe get back on track. It getting dicey to say the least on the optimism level for this team...

    Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Tom Naeger; 01-08-2020 at 12:26 PM.
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  3. #163
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Portsmouth, NH
    Posts
    1,739
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    If that is the case, someone please explain to me how they dominated Canisius in the 3rd Period? Guess the were magically cured after drinking Harbor Center water in the 2nd intermission. Maybe not taking 4 minors in a period had something to do with it... maybe...
    It appears that flu shot technology has not reached the RIT campus

  4. #164
    Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by blazer777 View Post
    It appears that flu shot technology has not reached the RIT campus
    Quadrivalent, trivalent, itís almost always a crap shoot to get the correct strains into the vaccine each year and sometimes itís missed badly.. Iíve heard that there are a lot of cases up north and we have cases down here in southern New York as well. Its flu season. in all seriousness I hope the flu isnít making itís way through the team and if it is hopefully the flu vaccine will lessen the symptoms.

  5. #165
    R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,011

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Quadrivalent, trivalent, itís almost always a crap shoot to get the correct strains into the vaccine each year and sometimes itís missed badly.. Iíve heard that there are a lot of cases up north and we have cases down here in southern New York as well. Its flu season. in all seriousness I hope the flu isnít making itís way through the team and if it is hopefully the flu vaccine will lessen the symptoms.
    We can all sit here and talk about the flu, its vaccines and their relative (in)effectiveness all day, but according to the Coach (on ESPN Radio yesterday), it was a 24 hour bug that went through the team. That's clearly not the flu. Just because the winter-time is called "flu season", it doesn't mean every sickness is the flu.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

  6. #166
    Don't pray for yesterday tonight
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    826
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerFan86-87 View Post
    We can all sit here and talk about the flu, its vaccines and their relative (in)effectiveness all day, but according to the Coach (on ESPN Radio yesterday), it was a 24 hour bug that went through the team. That's clearly not the flu. Just because the winter-time is called "flu season", it doesn't mean every sickness is the flu.
    Good to know👍 recovery should be quicker. As long as the bug doesnít hit during the playoffs, remember the Holy Cross series a number of years ago? I thought that was bad food right?

  7. #167
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    6,088

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Downstate_RIT_Fan View Post
    Good to know�� recovery should be quicker. As long as the bug doesn’t hit during the playoffs, remember the Holy Cross series a number of years ago? I thought that was bad food right?
    How about back in their D3 days against I believe Mercyhurst in the playoffs where it was bad food. They delayed the game for a day, but it didn't matter. They were too physically wiped out to put up any kind of fight.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  8. #168
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,690

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    How about back in their D3 days against I believe Mercyhurst in the playoffs where it was bad food. They delayed the game for a day, but it didn't matter. They were too physically wiped out to put up any kind of fight.
    I know they didn't have the flu when I played against them back in the day at Oswego,or bad food for that matter..

  9. #169
    "Happy Talk" Ends Here...
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    4,021

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by bakdraft21 View Post
    I know they didn't have the flu when I played against them back in the day at Oswego,or bad food for that matter..
    That's because the chicken was in net, some guy named Tyson. Than of course this Scott guy came by who was pretty good

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    Course, That's Just my Opinion, I Could Be Wrong.

    Thomas M. Naeger
    The Mule
    Rochester Institute of Technology '03


    "Good Judgment comes from experience, experience comes from Bad Judgment"

    "If we play our game, there's pretty much no chance they have of beating us. We know what we have to do. It's just a matter of going out and doing it." - Brent Alexin

  10. #170
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    out of NYC and up to Orange County
    Posts
    5,690

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Naeger View Post
    That's because the chicken was in net, some guy named Tyson. Than of course this Scott guy came by who was pretty good

    Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    10- 4,but my day was waaay b4 Scott more like Hawkins and Hendrickson,guys I played with on Long Island...Best of luck going forward..

  11. #171
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    96

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Great win, tigers played hard and looked good all game. Great first start for the freshmen goaltender! Didnt think there was much of a chance as thats a tough first start. I really like Rinaldi - he plays so hard and has so much speed and grittiness. Makes a few rookie passes but otherwise heís going to be a great one. Go Tigers!

  12. #172
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    459

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Obviously a really good weekend - they could have taken both from a nationally ranked team if not for an off-night from Logan and completely incompetent officiating Friday night (how one looks at the kicked in goal and decides there was no kick is absolutely baffling and frankly embarrassing for the AHA)....but one that also makes where they currently stand in the AHA even more baffling. Sacred Heart and Army are legit teams, AIC might be (they need to beat someone outside the conference for a change though - their non-conference record the last couple of years is atrocious....makes me consider their run last year more of a hot streak than something sustainable), but outside of that they should be winning weekends.

    The good news is they don't play any of those 3 teams for the rest of the year (at least until the playoffs). The bad news is they have this nasty habit of overlooking teams and playing down to their competition. But a top 4 seed is certainly obtainable with this roster and the schedule coming in.

    Pressing question: does Matthews get another start at Arizona State next weekend? And if the two goalies' results are similar to this weekend, does Matthews get a run of starts in league? He looked sharp Saturday and made some key saves, and Drackett's incredible start is a bit of a distant memory at this point.

  13. #173
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    96

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    Obviously a really good weekend - they could have taken both from a nationally ranked team if not for an off-night from Logan and completely incompetent officiating Friday night (how one looks at the kicked in goal and decides there was no kick is absolutely baffling and frankly embarrassing for the AHA)....but one that also makes where they currently stand in the AHA even more baffling. Sacred Heart and Army are legit teams, AIC might be (they need to beat someone outside the conference for a change though - their non-conference record the last couple of years is atrocious....makes me consider their run last year more of a hot streak than something sustainable), but outside of that they should be winning weekends.

    The good news is they don't play any of those 3 teams for the rest of the year (at least until the playoffs). The bad news is they have this nasty habit of overlooking teams and playing down to their competition. But a top 4 seed is certainly obtainable with this roster and the schedule coming in.

    Pressing question: does Matthews get another start at Arizona State next weekend? And if the two goalies' results are similar to this weekend, does Matthews get a run of starts in league? He looked sharp Saturday and made some key saves, and Drackett's incredible start is a bit of a distant memory at this point.
    I think Drackett was benched (well Im fairly certain) for blowing a gasket and destroying his stick after 3 soft goals in a row. Its understandable and he's never done anything like that before but still as coach you have to discipline that. I say they go back to him Friday night as we really dont want to start goalie roulette. Maybe that was a good wake up call for him to refocus and get his confidence back up. However, if he has a particularly poor game Friday against ASU, then maybe put Mathews in for Saturday. Overall though, Drackett's play has been pretty solid this season and IF I were coach I'd still stick with him personally.

  14. #174
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    459

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    It's fine if Coach thinks Drackett is still the guy and gives the team the best chance to win every night, however, to follow up my comment on how his start seems like a distant memory, here's his last 15 starts (starting after the Air Force sweep that he completely stole):

    3.10 GAA, 87.5 Save %

    Those are...ugly numbers. Even if you take out the non-conference game, you're left with a 2.85 GAA and an 88.6 save % over his last 14 conference games. That would rank 11th out of 12 qualifying AHA goalies. Even with his ridiculously hot start in conference, he's since dropped to 7th in save % and 8th in GAA in the conference among 12 qualifying goalies (this is conference games only).

    It's been shaded a bit by his hot start, but Drackett's overall numbers are actually slightly down from last year, when he was a slightly above average AHA goalie, and his recent numbers are in line with his 2017-18 numbers, when RIT was 2nd in the conference in scoring but finished below .500 because they couldn't keep the puck out of their own net (Drackett was 11th out of 12 qualifying goalies that year in split action). I don't think giving Matthews a shot here would be out of line given the circumstances.

    EDIT: The "overall" numbers above are just conference games - sorry about that. His actual total numbers are still pretty good (and right around where his numbers were last year) thanks to his hot start: .911 save percentage and 2.53 GAA...right around middle of the pack for NCAA goalies.
    Last edited by jflory81; 01-13-2020 at 04:55 PM.

  15. #175
    R!!!!...I!!!!!...T!!!!!!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,011

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    Pressing question: does Matthews get another start at Arizona State next weekend? And if the two goalies' results are similar to this weekend, does Matthews get a run of starts in league? He looked sharp Saturday and made some key saves, and Drackett's incredible start is a bit of a distant memory at this point.
    Matthews did look good, but it might be hard to judge how sharp. The defensive effort by the Tigers was much improved Saturday. He didn't have to face very many grade A chances (if any at all, really). The first goal was due to a lack of rebound control (and nobody marking the huge forward right in front of the crease). If the D can keep up that level of play, I'd say keep him in there and get him some confidence. If they go back to playing more like they did on Friday, then maybe it wouldn't do him much good to be in there unless the coaches feel he's ready for a bigger challenge.
    Can't we all just get along?
    Always remember... This is just a game we're talking about here. Let's not take it all too seriously.

  16. #176
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    96

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    It's fine if Coach thinks Drackett is still the guy and gives the team the best chance to win every night, however, to follow up my comment on how his start seems like a distant memory, here's his last 15 starts (starting after the Air Force sweep that he completely stole):

    3.10 GAA, 87.5 Save %

    Those are...ugly numbers. Even if you take out the non-conference game, you're left with a 2.85 GAA and an 88.6 save % over his last 14 conference games. That would rank 11th out of 12 qualifying AHA goalies. Even with his ridiculously hot start in conference, he's since dropped to 7th in save % and 8th in GAA in the conference among 12 qualifying goalies (this is conference games only).

    It's been shaded a bit by his hot start, but Drackett's overall numbers are actually slightly down from last year, when he was a slightly above average AHA goalie, and his recent numbers are in line with his 2017-18 numbers, when RIT was 2nd in the conference in scoring but finished below .500 because they couldn't keep the puck out of their own net (Drackett was 11th out of 12 qualifying goalies that year in split action). I don't think giving Matthews a shot here would be out of line given the circumstances.

    EDIT: The "overall" numbers above are just conference games - sorry about that. His actual total numbers are still pretty good (and right around where his numbers were last year) thanks to his hot start: .911 save percentage and 2.53 GAA...right around middle of the pack for NCAA goalies.
    After seeing the numbers that way, definitely makes a stronger case for Mathews!

  17. #177
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    459

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Heads up to you all who may want to try to catch the game tonight: No guarantees, but I believe Arizona State may be live streaming the game here tonight. It doesn't look like there's any fees or charge, but as I said, no guarantees.

    Both tonight's game and tomorrow night's game are on the schedule.

    EDIT: It's not obvious from the post, but the word "here" in the first paragraph is a link to the Pac 12's live streaming site. Apparently this site lets you embed links but doesn't turn them blue so that people know they're links :laugh:

  18. #178
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    2,482

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by jflory81 View Post
    Heads up to you all who may want to try to catch the game tonight: No guarantees, but I believe Arizona State may be live streaming the game here tonight. It doesn't look like there's any fees or charge, but as I said, no guarantees.

    Both tonight's game and tomorrow night's game are on the schedule.

    EDIT: It's not obvious from the post, but the word "here" in the first paragraph is a link to the Pac 12's live streaming site. Apparently this site lets you embed links but doesn't turn them blue so that people know they're links :laugh:
    The RIT Athletics story about the games this weekend confirms the live streams:
    FOLLOW LIVE
    This week's games can be heard on WITR 89.7 FM and Fox Sports 1280 AM with Ed Trefzger and Scott Biggar on the call. Fans can also listen online at witr.rit.edu or foxsports1280.iheart.com. Free live streams of both games will be available on the Pac-12 Network [https://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university] while Saturday's game will also be streamed on Facebook Live [https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Plus/]. Live statistics for all games can be found at RITathletics.com while updates can also be found on Twitter by following @RITMHKY and/or @RITathletics.
    Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
    College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

    AHA Pick'em spreadsheet 2019-2020: https://tinyurl.com/AHApickem19

    RIT Tigers
    Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
    Men's Frozen Four 2010
    Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
    Women's DIII National Champions 2012

  19. #179
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    6,088

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Quote Originally Posted by mar7967 View Post
    The RIT Athletics story about the games this weekend confirms the live streams:
    FOLLOW LIVE
    This week's games can be heard on WITR 89.7 FM and Fox Sports 1280 AM with Ed Trefzger and Scott Biggar on the call. Fans can also listen online at witr.rit.edu or foxsports1280.iheart.com. Free live streams of both games will be available on the Pac-12 Network [https://pac-12.com/live/arizona-state-university] while Saturday's game will also be streamed on Facebook Live [https://www.facebook.com/Pac12Plus/]. Live statistics for all games can be found at RITathletics.com while updates can also be found on Twitter by following @RITMHKY and/or @RITathletics.
    This is the first time I've seen the ASU rink. Holy cow. That place is smaller than Bill Gray's Iceplex.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  20. #180
    How Bout that Pep Band?
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    87

    Re: >>> RIT Tigers 2019-2020: "We're on the clock" <<<

    Donít forget, next week weíre celebrating the only reason Wayno No Bueno has been employed!

    Good to see heís doing a fantastic job behind the bench tonight. >

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •