Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Having a tough time at the MN/CC game as some dude is sitting nearby with a ‘CHAMPS’ (number 03) jersey...
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      3 points. Would have been nice to have 4, but the last time we got more than 2 points out of a 2-game road weekend against the same team was 11/29-30/2013.

Since then, we have had the following results...

13/14

14/15

15/16

16/17

17/18

18/19

We did take the Mack out in a QF series, but that was best of 3.
      Thanks to you and Dan for the updates! Yes we did not lose tonight and 3 points is a great start. I'm sure there was alot the coaches and players learned. Psyched for Ko Sato...hope he gets a nod for some HE recognition!! Looking at the stats tonight we got killed at the dot 20-35 out shot but were 3 for 5 on the PP.

Excited to visit Bentley's barn this Friday!! Go 'Cats!! See you there Snively65??
      Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Having a tough time at the MN/CC game as some dude is sitting nearby with a ‘CHAMPS’ (number 03) jersey...
        Just when you thought it was safe to go to a MN game....hows Denver going to be this season?
        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Thanks to you and Dan for the updates! Yes we did not lose tonight and 3 points is a great start. I'm sure there was alot the coaches and players learned. Psyched for Ko Sato...hope he gets a nod for some HE recognition!! Looking at the stats tonight we got killed at the dot 20-35 out shot but were 3 for 5 on the PP.

Excited to visit Bentley's barn this Friday!! Go 'Cats!! See you there Snively65??
          Let me know if you can arrive in time for a pre-game drink/meal: we can put Main Street in Durham to shame. :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
            Let me know if you can arrive in time for a pre-game drink/meal: we can put Main Street in Durham to shame. :-)
            Will do!!! Prob gonna make a night of it..nothing says fun like hockey nite in Waltham !!😄
            Last edited by HockeyRef; 10-13-2019, 06:45 AM.
            Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
              And from Baltimore, UNH defeats UMBC to go to 9-0-2
              #11 RPI, #13 coaches poll and on the rise!
              I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Surrendering a lead, ending tied is disappointing and reminiscent of last season. Three points on the road is nice, but taking four points from a bad team is where we should be today. Our next two games are on the road against teams needing wins followed by a tough stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                  Surrendering a lead, ending tied is disappointing and reminiscent of last season. Three points on the road is nice, but taking four points from a bad team is where we should be today. Our next two games are on the road against teams needing wins followed by a tough stretch.
                  Good take. Troubling to see them blow a 3-0 lead in the second period, perhaps encouraging to see them fight back for the tie, but overall, disappointing is the only way to look at it when you have a sweep sitting nicely in your grasp, and you lose focus and let an unimpressive opponent dig out of a deep hole. 3 points out of 4 on the road to open the season is hardly terrible - it's just the way it played out that was. After a comfortable win Friday night, and another one seemingly playing out the same way last night, they probably got overconfident (as did some posters ), and didn't give the requisite degree of respect to their opponent. Live and learn …
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                    One bd period out of six, on the road, no matter who it is against, is not bad. Please remember where the program has been the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                      One bd period out of six, on the road, no matter who it is against, is not bad. Please remember where the program has been the past few years.
                      I do, especially last season. We were 8-10-6, 12-15-9. My glasses are as blue tinted as anyone on this board. Following the HEA web site live scores last night was disappointing. I am almost sure the team feels the same. At the end of the season Miami's record will likely diminish the significance of the tie in the PWR, but it might one of those "if only" results we look back on with regret.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                        One bd period out of six, on the road, .
                        Shots On Goal 1st 2nd 3rd OT Total
                        New Hampshire -----6------7-------11----1----25
                        Miami ---------------10-----13------6-----3-----32
                        The Souza record:
                        15-16 10th place
                        16-17 10th place
                        17-18 11th place
                        18-19 8th place
                        19-20 9th place
                        20-21 10th place
                        21-22 9th place
                        22-23 10th place

Comment

Originally posted by NCAA watcher View Post
                          Shots On Goal 1st 2nd 3rd OT Total
                          New Hampshire -----6------7-------11----1----25
                          Miami ---------------10-----13------6-----3-----32
                          I expect it when I get baited by the SOG-krishnas … et tu, 'Watcher??
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            I expect it when I get baited by the SOG-krishnas … et tu, 'Watcher??
                            Sorry about bringing facts into this At least shots correllate to winning. Not like faceoff wins that everyone gets so excited about/complains about, but that correllate to wins only 50.3%, i.e., statistically insignificant.
                            Last edited by NCAA watcher; 10-13-2019, 12:14 PM.
                            The Souza record:
                            15-16 10th place
                            16-17 10th place
                            17-18 11th place
                            18-19 8th place
                            19-20 9th place
                            20-21 10th place
                            21-22 9th place
                            22-23 10th place

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                              I do, especially last season. We were 8-10-6, 12-15-9. My glasses are as blue tinted as anyone on this board. Following the HEA web site live scores last night was disappointing. I am almost sure the team feels the same. At the end of the season Miami's record will likely diminish the significance of the tie in the PWR, but it might one of those "if only" results we look back on with regret.
                              Miami is not a team bereft of talent - especially at the forward position. They put four goals on a very strong defensive BGSU team the weekend prior...

In a one-off, yes, UNH should be expecting to beat Miami, but 3 out of 4 on the road is a successful trip even if the circumstances around game two and losing a 3-0 lead are not ideal.

As for Miami’s impact on the PWR - it may be better than you think. Miami’s remaining non-conference schedule is a pair with each of Ferris, Colgate and UConn with a single game against BGSU. Ferris and Colgate were dismal last season and UConn is off to a horrendous start. A near winning non-conference record and the NCHC strength of schedule could easily make Miami wins look better than they really are...

So a very good, of imperfect start - now they need to win the next two against Bentley and Merrimack and head into the BC/BU games undefeated with confidence...
                              Last edited by Dan; 10-13-2019, 12:26 PM.
                              Live Free or Die!!
                              Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                Now this is a good take. Especially for those who watched 125 minutes of hockey this weekend. It was a particularly poor 10 minutes, in fact, of those 125, that lost us a point. It certainly wasn’t a lack of respect by the team. In fact, as happened Friday night, Miami showed some fight after getting down big, early. We were just unable to contain it last night like we did Friday.

3 of 4, great weekend.
                                Last edited by wildcatdc; 10-13-2019, 01:49 PM.
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X