Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelleher OT winner
    Live Free or Die!!
    Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
      Kelleher OT winner
      Bam.
      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
        Bam.
        That’s big - at risk of blowing a second straight late lead, instead they regroup get an emotional win and head into their first true test of the season with some confidence at 2-1-1...
        Live Free or Die!!
        Miami University '03

Comment

• Woo 'Cattsssss we'll take it!
          Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
            Woo 'Cattsssss we'll take it!
            Yassir
            UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
              13-13 in face-offs after 2.

😁
              Following on CHN it apoeared that Jackson Pearson lost the only FO in OT leading to the GWG; true dat?

Comment

• Re: UNH Wildcats 2019/2020 Ready to Rock and Roll!!

A win is a win is a win. Nice to see Taylor getting the W. On to BU.
                Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
                  I can’t recall a time this season that he’s been taken off the puck. He carries with such ease. It’s ridiculous.
                  The puck didn't even come off Max's stick after three consecutive slashes by a Merrimack player (Tavarneir I think), the third of which he got called for before the long empty net attack in the third. Looked good out there tonight, and he had me fooled on his move to the goal when he scored. I expected him to take it deep and look for a pass to the net, not take it on the backhand.

Comment

Originally posted by bakchk20 View Post
                    Well, Dan, we're just going to continue on with our takes and preferences; I have no problem with that, or being the "lone ranger" in here on the shrink topic. Suits me just fine... Fact is, I want the program to have it all, whatever it takes to be successful...again.

Now (for all here), switching gears to the actual capital planning for the Whit/rink, there's actually stuff to study. It appears the design/build contract has been awarded to PC Construction Company. The (conceptual) execution of the project is for completion in time for fall "activites", 2020.

https://bids.sciquest.com/apps/Route...=1572020769613

Assuming that link works, flow down to "Buyer Attachements". In there is more education than one can possibly stand. Of note, find this report: 756276-798912040April 2019 Preliminary Design Evaluation by Friar Architecture Inc.pdf.

Happy reading (quiz on Monday)!!
                    Thanks for some informative reading. At the top it says awarded to PC Construction, but the rest of the document is a request with evaluations and studies attached. Have the project plans been finalized? Preparing for the quiz, especially the ammonia vs CO2 part. Thanks again.
                    Last edited by Darius; 10-25-2019, 10:54 PM.
                    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

They are swaying me in favor of smaller ice with fewer seats/steeper viewing angle/increased concourse.

Add sideline luxury boxes and I am all in.

Comment

Oh yeah, nice win.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
                          They are swaying me in favor of smaller ice with fewer seats/steeper viewing angle/increased concourse.

Add sideline luxury boxes and I am all in.
                          Might as well start from scratch, build a new arena, and let UNH Hoops inherit the current Whitt, no? With the added benefit of eventually nuking Lundholm, and starting that all over from scratch as well. You know it makes sense (barring budget).
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                            Might as well start from scratch, build a new arena, and let UNH Hoops inherit the current Whitt, no? With the added benefit of eventually nuking Lundholm, and starting that all over from scratch as well. You know it makes sense (barring budget).
                            Yup. Then maybe UNH can host a Bruins-Rangers alum game like Bentley is doing this afternoon in their "new" arena. :-)

Comment

We could dome Wildcat Stadium and maybe host the Frozen Four. Wouldn’t put it past them. It’s always amazed me how cash strapped UNH
                              Can find ways to squander what money the have.

Comment

That actually makes a crapload of sense. Love the idea. Who needs a budget?? :-)
                                Last edited by wildcatdc; 10-26-2019, 01:03 PM.
                                Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Working...
                                X