Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 1003

Thread: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

  1. #101
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,216

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Good rundown of the text messages revealed yesterday:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...hment-n1062346
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  2. #102
    Internet Nutcase
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Bar Harbor, ME
    Posts
    4,863

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    He's doing it in plain sight now. He's normalizing it. By the time he's done his 40% will be convinced he did nothing wrong.
    they're already convinced

  3. #103
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    73,276

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Not her Tweet. Unfortunately.
    Didn't seem like her. She's a lot more subtle and she's not crude.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  4. #104
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    73,276

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    John Oliver coined it years ago: Stupid Watergate.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  5. #105
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    73,276

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    4) He got a D in Meats class in college.

    Boy, typing that out makes it sound like one helluva double entendre.
    There is a Meats course at the Cornell Hotel school. To be fair it is supposed to be tough; my GF's roommate flunked it, though she also spent the semester on coke.

    She was from Wisconsin. I draw no conclusions.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  6. #106
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    73,276

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    He's doing it in plain sight now. He's normalizing it. By the time he's done his 40% will be convinced he did nothing wrong.
    Colbert put it perfectly. "If it was wrong I'd hide it so if I don't hide it it can't be wrong."



    I'd like to think Republican voters would not be fooled but I have met them. They are the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  7. #107
    Lucia Apologist
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    32,077

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    The point needs to be driven home for independents and undecideds. While the impeachment needs to proceed and acquittal in the Senate is a certainty, convincing those voters of Trump's corruption supercedes every other election issue.
    I know this is pedantic, because we all know what you mean, but can you put quotes around 'independents' or at least add the word 'Fark' before it? These aren't independents, these are undecided Republicans at this point.

    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

  8. #108
    Never Forget!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Dominical, Costa Rica
    Posts
    5,797

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    ...but not the ability...

    right-to-remain-silent

  9. #109
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    44,066

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Rogie21 View Post
    The point needs to be driven home for independents and undecideds. While the impeachment needs to proceed and acquittal in the Senate is a certainty, convincing those voters of Trump's corruption supercedes every other election issue.
    Are you saying it hasnt been? Have you been living under a rock? They cant respond to every tweet he puts out there. and they shouldnt...their silence only makes him more unhinged. He has admitted to more the last few days than they could have ever dreamed.

    The independents and undecideds already know what he is. His tweets arent helping him at all. You and Scooby are out to lunch.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  10. #110
    ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    The Workers' Paradise
    Posts
    73,276

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    I'm not sure how anybody could be a sincere Undecided unless they are very, very lofo.

    I'll say this about Dump: he has not been shy showing us what he is. To be against him denotes patriotism. To be for him indicates mental illness. But to be unsure? I can't wrap my mind around that.

    Agreed that Independents are full partisans who simply refuse to adopt the label of the party they support out of a smug (and false) feeling of superiority.

    And Moderates? Almost everybody thinks they are "moderate" like everybody thinks they're a good driver. It's meaningless.
    Last edited by Kepler; 10-04-2019 at 10:12 AM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

  11. #111
    Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The Black Lodge
    Posts
    34,956

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    To be for him indicates mental illness.
    No, to be for him means you're at least indifferent towards living under fascism, if not outright in favor of it.

  12. #112
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,444

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Are you saying it hasnt been? Have you been living under a rock? They cant respond to every tweet he puts out there. and they shouldnt...their silence only makes him more unhinged. He has admitted to more the last few days than they could have ever dreamed.

    The independents and undecideds already know what he is. His tweets arent helping him at all. You and Scooby are out to lunch.
    This is the way I feel. Dems should pound him with the developing evidence but not by responding to every dumbazz statement he makes.

  13. #113
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,908

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Are you saying it hasnt been? Have you been living under a rock? They cant respond to every tweet he puts out there. and they shouldnt...their silence only makes him more unhinged. He has admitted to more the last few days than they could have ever dreamed.

    The independents and undecideds already know what he is. His tweets arent helping him at all. You and Scooby are out to lunch.
    I'll give you an example.

    The Democrats SHOULD BE POUNDING the Republicans on the Medicare thing from yesterday. It should be all over the place. *crickets*.

    As for the impeachment thing. The fact that he is breaking the law in plain sight now should be the core narrative. It's not.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

  14. #114
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,216

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    This is the way I feel. Dems should pound him with the developing evidence but not by responding to every dumbazz statement he makes.
    Which they've been doing remarkably well. The only time this week I thought they were off message was when one Congresscritter I'd never heard of (Raskin?) was quoted after the urgent briefing by the State Dept inspector general that the material was weird and unhelpful when in fact it helped show where all of the crackpot conspiracy theories came from. I suspect Schiff and Pelosi immediately got to him and ordered him to S T F U. Otherwise they've been on point and brilliant in prosecuting this. Evidence of that is that the public is already on board with the impeachment inquiry at a far earlier date than the historical norm.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  15. #115
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,216

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'll give you an example.

    The Democrats SHOULD BE POUNDING the Republicans on the Medicare thing from yesterday. It should be all over the place. *crickets*.

    As for the impeachment thing. The fact that he is breaking the law in plain sight now should be the core narrative. It's not.
    Scoobs, I know you look for bad news to jerk off to, but once again you're out to lunch on this. Start throwing out 9 zillion different narratives from all 290 ish Dems serving in Congress and it all becomes mishmash. Focus on the most salient charge of corruption - the evidence we now have the Chump and his state dept + sleazeball lawyer were holding up foreign aid in order to coerce a country to launch a baseless investigation against a political rival. Game. Set. Match. Finish up with witnesses and hold an impeachment vote in the next couple of months.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

  16. #116
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    9,444

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'll give you an example.

    The Democrats SHOULD BE POUNDING the Republicans on the Medicare thing from yesterday. It should be all over the place. *crickets*.

    As for the impeachment thing. The fact that he is breaking the law in plain sight now should be the core narrative. It's not.
    On those topics you have a point. I also don't think it's too early to spend some money working those angles locally in key states.

  17. #117
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,908

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Scoobs, I know you look for bad news to jerk off to, but once again you're out to lunch on this. Start throwing out 9 zillion different narratives from all 290 ish Dems serving in Congress and it all becomes mishmash. Focus on the most salient charge of corruption - the evidence we now have the Chump and his state dept + sleazeball lawyer were holding up foreign aid in order to coerce a country to launch a baseless investigation against a political rival. Game. Set. Match. Finish up with witnesses and hold an impeachment vote in the next couple of months.
    This is why Democrats lose. Republicans know how to hammer things home and get everyone on the same page. Look for bad news to jerk off to? What the **** are you talking about?

    I've heard NOTHING on the medicare thing. NOTHING. The idiots on the other side still control the narrative on the definition of socialism. Get a ****ing hammer and start pounding them.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

  18. #118
    Apartheid Loving Conservadem!
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Crystal, MN
    Posts
    44,066

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'll give you an example.

    The Democrats SHOULD BE POUNDING the Republicans on the Medicare thing from yesterday. It should be all over the place. *crickets*.

    As for the impeachment thing. The fact that he is breaking the law in plain sight now should be the core narrative. It's not.
    Yes it is. It is literally everywhere. I get you are looking for evidence to prove whatever depressing narrative you are going to go with but the Dems have played this about as perfectly as you can.

    The Medicare thing they should be fighting, on that we will agree. But Impeachment they are getting an A. The more they dont say the more his narcissism forces him to fill the void. He is doing more to change public opinion of Impeachment than the Dems could ever do.

    Remember this is a long game. The best thing for the Dems is to keep this in the news cycle for the next year. He is making that easy by continually outbidding himself on the Ebay Auction of Impeachment. The Dems arent normalizing it (his people already think it is fine anyways) they are letting the moron bury himself.

    And if anyone is seriously undecided at this point...they have an IQ of 20. They might say they are but they know where they are leaning.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

  19. #119
    NPC ScoobyDoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    The 9th Circle
    Posts
    75,908

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Yes it is. It is literally everywhere. I get you are looking for evidence to prove whatever depressing narrative you are going to go with but the Dems have played this about as perfectly as you can.

    The Medicare thing they should be fighting, on that we will agree. But Impeachment they are getting an A. The more they dont say the more his narcissism forces him to fill the void. He is doing more to change public opinion of Impeachment than the Dems could ever do.

    Remember this is a long game. The best thing for the Dems is to keep this in the news cycle for the next year. He is making that easy by continually outbidding himself on the Ebay Auction of Impeachment. The Dems arent normalizing it (his people already think it is fine anyways) they are letting the moron bury himself.

    And if anyone is seriously undecided at this point...they have an IQ of 20. They might say they are but they know where they are leaning.
    I disagree. The more he talks the more it works his favor. See Mueller. See every other thing since he became President. For cripes sake his approval numbers hit a high in the last month.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

  20. #120
    The Dark One
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Pluteville
    Posts
    17,216

    Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

    Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I disagree. The more he talks the more it works his favor. See Mueller. See every other thing since he became President. For cripes sake his approval numbers hit a high in the last month.
    To fuking 42%! Woo hoo! The more he talks on the impeachment issue the worst he looks.

    BTW - Didn't Republicans just lose the House last year despite most districts being drawn in their favor? How does that square with your "Trump/GOP WINS ALL THE TIME!!!!" schtick?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

    Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

    "I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •