• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    I love the various headlines
    "We don't know what ultimate solution means"

Really? Didn't your college education include a rudimentary history class? Even most high schools teach you what that crap means.

(Yeah yeah, he didn't say 'final' but we all know exactly what he means)
    This is what happens when the history channel substitutes garbage like Pawn Stars in place of, you know, history.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      This is what happens when the history channel substitutes garbage like Pawn Stars in place of, you know, history.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        Wel, his dad was from Germany...
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
          Ah, I remember the glory days, when the History Channel was the World War II channel. And MTV played music videos. Get off my lawn, you damm kids!

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Ah, I remember the glory days, when the History Channel was the World War II channel. And MTV played music videos. Get off my lawn, you damm kids!
            The Hitler Channel!

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The Hitler Channel!
              We used to call it "Hitler and hardtack" because it was all either WW2 or the Civil War.

They had a show with (for the time) amazing animations about aerial battles during WW2 that was out of this world. Really, really good stuff about the performance of the fighter models and the advanced tactics they used. tldr: we lucked out: the Germans had superior machines but they were atypically dense in tactics and they didn't have strong pilot training; the Japanese OTOH has inferior planes but they were brilliant strategists and, early on anyway, they gave their pilots the initiative. It was only later when their AF basically became the Washington Generals.

If the Luftwaffe had had the same determination and aggressiveness as the Wehrmacht the Brits might well have lost the air war of the Battle of Britain and the invasion might have gone the other direction.
              Last edited by Kepler; 10-18-2019, 02:54 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

It was only later when their AF basically became the Washington Generals.
                IIRC, they lost a lot of their experienced pilots and had to go to new guys, right? Plus, losing more carriers as time went on gave them less to work with.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

We used to call it "Hitler and hardtack" because it was all either WW2 or the Civil War.

They had a show with (for the time) amazing animations about aerial battles during WW2 that was out of this world. Really, really good stuff about the performance of the fighter models and the advanced tactics they used. tldr: we lucked out: the Germans had superior machines but they were atypically dense in tactics and they didn't have strong pilot training; the Japanese OTOH has inferior planes but they were brilliant strategists and, early on anyway, they gave their pilots the initiative. It was only later when their AF basically became the Washington Generals.

If the Luftwaffe had had the same determination and aggressiveness as the Wehrmacht the Brits might well have lost the air war of the Battle of Britain and the invasion might have gone the other direction.
                  I remember that show. It was ****ing brilliant.
                  Code:

Comment

I thought the Zero was supposed to be the best plane in the Pacific.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                      When it was IN the pacific
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        It was until the Hellcat II was introduced. The first Hellcat lacked, well, everything in comparison to the Zero.
                        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Thankfully Goering had the same military leadership skills as Sniffles.

Although at least he served in the first war, and was one of Germany's top aces. Like Arnold at Saratoga, if his history ended there he'd be a national hero instead of a pariah.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316
                            I didn’t know Germany had a large carrier fleet. i thought thst was just the US and Japan. Britain and others to a lesser extent.
                            Frenchie was referencing the japs here
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Yeah. I deleted my stupid post.
                              Code:

Comment

It was at the start of the war, but Japan didn’t innovate the way the US did. Look at the difference between what the US had on hand at the start of the war (Dauntless, Buffalo, Flying Fortress) and what we were producing by the end (Mustangs, Black Widows, Lightning, Superfortress). Japanese were still building Zeros.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X