X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.59: It Was a Great Phone Call

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Note too that these polls are actually "backwards" in that they contact potential or likely voters and ask them who they are voting for. But the electorate isn't potential or likely voters; it's the people who actually show up on Election Day.

Polls of people who voted before tell us nothing about people who may vote for the first time (or the first time in a while) next time. So, the Biden numbers are the most accurate since that election will draw out a voter pool most like prior election's. Warren will expand the pool somewhat and Sanders would expand it most of all. This expansion is not necessarily beneficial for the Dem -- for example a candidate with very high negatives could motivate more new negative than positive votes. I tend to doubt it in practice, though. Elections are run on negative campaigning so the type of person who is magnetized by negatives is already going to the polls. Some pro-Hillary voters may have stayed home but every single anti-Hillary voter went to the polls.

My take is that Dump would lose to Biden by 9, Warren by 11, and Sanders by 13. This does not of course take into consideration Russian meddling, voter suppression, and outright electoral fraud like that in NC or other GOP strongholds.
    Umm...

Putting Biden aside for a minute, on what planet does Bernie Sanders win by a larger margin than Elizabeth Warren? She's a superior candidate in every way plus she's 8 years younger and doesn't have heart issues or the baggage that Sanders has?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      Does Q poll the target states, including WI, MICH, and PENN?
      From Wiki:

"The Quinnipiac University Poll is a public opinion polling center based at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut. It surveys public opinion in Connecticut, Florida, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, and nationally.[2]"
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Now...I never thought this would need to be said but, for the benefit of a certain poster who apparently thinks every poll that shows Dems ahead of Trump means this is Hillary 2.0:

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THE DEMS HAVE LOCKED IT UP OR THAT PEOPLE ARE GETTING TO FULL OF THEMSELVES! IT ALSO DOESNT MEAN BIDEN IS THE NEXT PRESIDENT!

With that out of the way...the trendline is nice. With Trumps approval rating below 42% right now gotta keep the pedal to the metal and keep the message clear and succint.
        You're so cute when you're angry

Comment

Excellent piece all the way through.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
            You're so cute when you're angry
            You think I am angry? That is certainly one interpretation...it is the wrong one but I cant deny you did make one

If joe and his hatred doesnt get me angry why would you anger me?

I guarantee you were angrier over Chappelle's comedy special than I could ever be over something you post
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
              Umm...

Putting Biden aside for a minute, on what planet does Bernie Sanders win by a larger margin than Elizabeth Warren? She's a superior candidate in every way plus she's 8 years younger and doesn't have heart issues or the baggage that Sanders has?
              More radical is better in the current environment. The more a break from the past of Democrats beholden to corporate interests the more that breaks open a new electorate of people who are sick of the bipartisan destruction of the middle class by the Plutes and their well-paid off enablers in government, business, and media.

The particular strength of the candidate as such no longer matters. Dump's election proved that -- nobody on the planet was more unelectable than Dump. But Dump was also the most extreme possible Republican nominee in jamming their narrative down everybody's throats. He's the Fan Service President. He won because of his Dumpiness, not despite it.

This change has happened for a few reasons:

1. Neither party represents the majority population of the country anymore. Both are predators -- the establishment Dems through corruption and the GOP through overt and formally declared mission.

2. Republican voters no longer have access to reality. They have a support structure which assures them their prejudices and delusions are correct and reality is fake. Once you achieve that you can take your prisoners literally anywhere.

3. It may not really be a change. Both of the above, though not at this extreme, have been true now since at least 1994. It's entirely possible the Dems have merely held themselves back from sweeping reform because of cowardice, not because of conditions on the ground. If I was a Plute trying to protect my privileges against democratic reform, I would fund an openly pro-Pute reactionary party using natavists and racist rhetoric while also scaring the liberal party into doubting itself and worrying about going too far.
              Last edited by Kepler; 10-08-2019, 04:04 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Excellent piece all the way through.
                In sum: The Republican Party is unpopular and is poised to grow steadily more so. It has no viable governing vision. And its only discernible plan for addressing those deficiencies is to wage legal and ideological war on popular democracy.
                Not much else needs to be said.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

And here I thought main news in town was the twins losing streak.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    You think I am angry? That is certainly one interpretation...it is the wrong one but I cant deny you did make one

If joe and his hatred doesnt get me angry why would you anger me?

I guarantee you were angrier over Chappelle's comedy special than I could ever be over something you post
                    "No puppet, no puppet, you're the puppet!"

Comment

If I was a Plute trying to protect my privileges against democratic reform, I would fund an openly pro-Pute reactionary party using natavists and racist rhetoric while also scaring the liberal party into doubting itself and worrying about going too far.
                      You ARE a plute, as I doubt they're serving tap water and spam at those Beltway cocktail parties that you attend weekly, but no points off for your lack of self awareness. Nothing which you've written has Sanders as a more viable candidate than Warren even by your own criteria, which was my original question. Not only is Warren better suited to take on the powers that be, given that she seems to have a more detailed grasp of what needs to be done and how, but she doesn't have Sanders negatives or his health issues. Chump won not because he was the most far right candidate. He won because his racism and xenophobia are exactly where the GOP base is despite what the media has been trying to tell us. There is no indication, based on his struggles thus far this year, than Sanders is the best representative of the party or he wouldn't be consistently running in 3rd place.
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

“In a letter to House leaders, the White House says it will not cooperate with the House impeachment inquiry.”

If the constitution is worthless, let’s confiscate the guns

Comment

To be fair I am pretty sure Kepler welcomes when he goes down during the revolution. He doesnt deny he is part of the class he hates.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            “In a letter to House leaders, the White House says it will not cooperate with the House impeachment inquiry.”

If the constitution is worthless, let’s confiscate the guns
                            Seems to make sense to me
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

IM SHOCKED!!!
                              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X