Colgate 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2019-20

Marmot, when TheGreenCoat turned from optimism to sarcasm, I halfway understood it.
    But, et tu, Brute?

Comment

Don't feel too bad. The rink at FSU is a very tough place to play being so small. FSU has it down and it's worth at least a goal per game to them. Everyone has a tough time there.
      MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

let's set the record straight...I'm optimistic - cautiously so - out TWO YEARS...one does have to ask the question (and I am agnostic on this issue) why are we scoring 1.5 goals/game in our last 38 games (and frankly, we weren't scoring much before that time frame)? Is it a coaching philosophy? I've never questioned DV's coaching ability (and I don't mean to make any assertions in this direction), but, at least, the issue MUST be addressed...even if our recruiting has been down in recent years our kids, by and large, were at least decent scorers at the pre-collegiate level...Griffin Lunn was an OK scorer in a tough league (USHL); Jeffrey Stewart was a point/game scorer in the higher-scoring BCJL...I simply don't know, but at a minimum 2.5 goals/game is necessary to be within earshot of a .500 season...

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
          Shabby, forgot you were a Browns fan...BTW, Baker DID shake hands with 49er players before the game...nonetheless, offensive line needs work, Baker needs work, Kitchens needs work...couldn't stand it last Monday and turned the game off with 10 minutes to go...never should've turned the game on...both 'Gate football and the Dawg Pound desperately need wins this weekend...and a win in Big Rapids tonight would also help my current depression...
          By the time I turned the Braves game on it was 10-0 in the first inning, as I said before, thank you Bruins. The lowest point would be a loss to Bucknell Saturday.
          It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Our football and men's ice hockey teams are a combined 0-8. We're still very early into the hockey season, but God help us, please!
            Colgate '09

Comment

A fourth recruit from the BCHL with a point a game stats, all good !! BC beat Wisco last night, Sunday a very stern test to say the least.

Comment

Mitch Benson again led ‘Gate on the ice for today’s pre-game warm-up. Boston College is 21-2-0 versus Colgate. Our two wins came in 1980-81 (6-3 at home) and 1982-83 (4-1 at home).
                I saw Robert Morris defeat Bentley at home yesterday, 4-1, on my drive home from our 3-1 loss at Ferris State on Thursday.

Comment

Boston College 12, Colgate 10, SOG after one.
                  Boston College 1, Colgate 0, score after one.
                  Wow. That was one fast-paced period of hockey.
                  And this is one talented, quick and accurate BC team.
                  Kudos to Colgate (and BC) for scheduling this non-conference contest.
                  Good opportunity to see first-hand to what we aspire.

Comment

Colgate 31, Boston College 19, SOG after two.
                    Boston College 2, Colgate 0, score after two.
                    Wow. That was another fast-paced period of hockey.
                    The goal came 17 seconds into the second period.
                    I don’t know the exact stats, but we have had more Power Play opportunities than BC, thus the shot total.
                    It is an absolute honor to watch a team of BC’s caliber (with Jerry York at the helm).

Comment

Colgate 37, Boston College 25, SOG final.
                      Boston College 3, Colgate 0, score final.
                      Needless to say, the better team won.

Comment

certainly not for the lack of trying...but "trying" isn't our problem...some bad luck, to be sure, but lack of overall team skill is another...2 goals in 3 games...1PP in, what, 16 chances...the more things change the same they stay the same...BTE, Holy Cross beat Providence the other night...RPI split with UMass, leading 5-1 in second match...

Comment

Did Gate have any scoring chances at all ? We outshot them, were the shots all from the blue line ? Was our PP pathetic, what were BC's goals Like ? Did any of the frosh do anything ? McMann ? How did Bensen look ?

Comment

And we go to Lowell for 2 games next weekend. Can you say 0-5?

Comment

Their shots were definitely higher quality than our shots, and Mitch Benson deserves credit for keeping it as close as it was. Having said that, in three separate instances, we had two pings off the pipes and once their goal light went on (but it was immediately ruled no goal, and video review confirmed it). I will say that we looked better than last year (when this game would have been 7-0 BC).
                              They historically take more penalties than us, and they did today. But, to their credit, they have the talent to kill off those penalties. Having said that, two five-minute majors and game misconducts against us in the final period weren’t our shining moments either. Our players were frustrated and it showed.
                              Someone else can discuss individual players’ strengths/weaknesses today. I don’t follow individual players as much as the team as a whole. We played well today against a team that is clearly more talented, top to bottom. I am sure that they are hoping for an appearance in Detroit, whereas we are hoping for an appearance in Lake Placid. That is a HUGE difference.
                              Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-13-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Oh, my pet peeve today... when we have the Power Play, is ‘shooting the puck in’ and hoping we ‘get to it first’ really the best we can do? Maybe against a BC it is, but it is frustrating to watch. Especially with as many power play chances as we had today.
                                Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-13-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X