Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Colgate 2019-20

Re: Colgate 2019-20

Iowa, if you look at our record book we're undefeated against a number of teams, most of them from ancient history. Because of the rivalry in other sports, I did notice we're 5-0 lifetime vs Holy Cross with 2 of those wins in their rink. So there's one example!

Records start on p. 25... https://s3.amazonaws.com/gocolgatera...n_s_Hockey.pdf

IBT. TheCoat has all your requested data. Seriously. Will provide just after my daily round of shock therapy
    Glad to see McMann net two last night. Decent game. The young man has hit a lot of posts in his career

Here every day

I knew I was missing one year, undefeated in 1915, 1-0, no coach. In 1942-43, 11-0 with Greg Batt who later coached Hamilton College for years and played for the Clinton Comets, I played with his son Greg Jr, semipro, for 10 years. Lastly in 1946-47, 14-0 with Howie Starr as coach, (Starr Rink) Howie was my bantam coach in 63. Getting carried away but love the old facts.
    Last edited by sshablak; 11-16-2019 at 12:08 PM.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Mitch Benson led the team on the ice for tonight’s ECAC match-up at Clarkson’s Cheel Arena, where Clarkson holds a 15-12-9 advantage over Colgate. The all-time series record (since 1927-28) is 88-53-18, favoring the Golden Knights.

Clarkson 10, Colgate 6, SOG early in second.
    Clarkson 2, Colgate 1, score after one.
    Defensive miscue gave Cockrell the puck... and the goal.
    Then Clarkson scored PPG and then SHG.

Clarkson 20, Colgate 9, SOG after two.
    Clarkson 4, Colgate 1, score after two.
    2 more PPG’s for Clarkson.
    Penalty box trouble for Colgate.

Clarkson 26, Colgate 13, SOG final.
    Clarkson 5, Colgate 1, final score.
    Clarkson ENG.
    Blow-Out.

what's the definition of insanity? After it became 3-1 I turned the game off...2 PPs against, 1 SH against to that point...what the point of watching?

Sometimes it’s like a train wreck, but I can’t not watch.
    The vast majority of the penalties went against ‘Gate tonight.
    Coach Don wasn’t a screamer, but he clearly wasn’t happy and he let the referees know it after the game.
    I had to remind Clarkson fans around me after the game that ‘good teams’ split on the road and sweep at home. My Raiders did just that this weekend, but what about their Golden Knights? he he he
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 11-16-2019 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iowabasedtraveler View Post
    Sometimes it’s like a train wreck, but I can’t not watch.
    The vast majority of the penalties went against ‘Gate tonight.
    Coach Don wasn’t a screamer, but he clearly wasn’t happy and he let the referees know it after the game.
    I had to remind Clarkson fans around me after the game that ‘good teams’ split on the road and sweep at home. My Raiders did just that this weekend, but what about their Golden Knights? he he he
    “Good teams” put more then a bakers dozen shots on net in a 60 minute game.. he he he

Good for you, Iowa! Love your posts! Go 'Gate!!

CLK... I am glad that you read my comments and have a sense of humor, too. Thanks.

Here every day

Sounds like you got the "razz" by the Clarkson fans last night Iowa ? You must have got under his skin too, for him to follow you here. Good job !
    It all starts with the goaltending.

Quote Originally Posted by sshablak View Post
    Sounds like you got the "razz" by the Clarkson fans last night Iowa ? You must have got under his skin too, for him to follow you here. Good job !
    All in fun and games guys! And no, it’s been a long time since anything Colgate has gotten under anyone’s skin hahaha..

I see we have a newbie "thread" jumping...and he's a rookie as well (join date: 3/2019)...well, CLKHockey, one thread "jump" is enough...yes, we're down, but if you're old enough you may realize Clarkson went through a decade of poor performance, and that with an AI (academic index) that is light year's lower than Colgate's...at this point let it go and go home...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    I see we have a newbie "thread" jumping...and he's a rookie as well (join date: 3/2019)...well, CLKHockey, one thread "jump" is enough...yes, we're down, but if you're old enough you may realize Clarkson went through a decade of poor performance, and that with an AI (academic index) that is light year's lower than Colgate's...at this point let it go and go home...
    Jeez I was only joking. Lighten up. What does it matter who joined the forum when?? It’s an online hockey forum, you have NO prestige or respect for being some kind of “veteran” of a college sports forum. The way you talk about being a “newbie thread jumper” makes me feel kind of awkward and embarrassed, mostly for you. And yes I’ve been following ECAC hockey for over 25 years. I’ve seen the ups and downs of all 12 of our teams and those who are no longer with us. Just lighten up, wipe your tears off, and put the hurt cream on your rear end. I was in no way offended or razzled by what I originally responded to. It was a good point and funny. Sorry that I desecrated you’re unwritten rules of “thread jumping.” Haha sorry I’m just picturing someone taking this all so serious, looking at my profile, checking my rank. Forgive me, rookie here!!! Lmfao.

Enjoy the season! I thought Colgate was pretty fast, the kid who scored that goal was a hustler, he can move really well. And I thought you’re tendy made some great saves..
    Last edited by CLKHockey; 11-17-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Colgate has to recruit better, it takes time, if you lock Riley in for some years then things should come together quicker than usual, but if he leaves like Marcou left Brown right when things are getting rolling it’s going to be tough. I feel that’s a common misconception in college hockey, those assistants matter more then the HC for a lot of people getting recruited, those assistants are the ones grinding away on countless long road trips establishing a relationship with the individual and their family. Best of luck and I hope things work out with that beautiful new arena, it’d be nice if you could get some fan support.

appreciate your input, techtodenver, as YOUR input is always thoughtful and incisive...BTW, I root for essentially non-Ivy teams in the ECAC, and Clarkson and SLU in particular...as far as CLKHockey goes my previous statement stands...

hard to believe it's been 30 years since the great team of 1989-90 (31-6-1)...every team we lost a game to or tied we beat at least once save Wisconsin...three great lines, but, remembering fondly, it was our fourth line that keyed one-goal back-to-back wins at Starr against a very good Lake State team and against BU in the semis...Kelly Mills - Andrew Dickson - Jeff Weber...please grant me ONE MORE Frozen Four before I go to a better (hopefully) place...

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreenCoat View Post
    ..three great lines, but, remembering fondly, it was our fourth line that keyed one-goal back-to-back wins at Starr against a very good Lake State team and against BU in the semis...Kelly Mills - Andrew Dickson - Jeff Weber...
    And don’t forget Gagnon in goal. He came up huge in those games you mentioned.
    That was an amazing year - I remember it well. Lots of travel to Boston and Detroit but I’d do it again tomorrow.
    Last edited by Magoo; 11-21-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Thread Information