Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Colgate 2019-20

Re: Colgate 2019-20

certainly not for the lack of trying...but "trying" isn't our problem...some bad luck, to be sure, but lack of overall team skill is another...2 goals in 3 games...1PP in, what, 16 chances...the more things change the same they stay the same...BTE, Holy Cross beat Providence the other night...RPI split with UMass, leading 5-1 in second match...

Here every day

Did Gate have any scoring chances at all ? We outshot them, were the shots all from the blue line ? Was our PP pathetic, what were BC's goals Like ? Did any of the frosh do anything ? McMann ? How did Bensen look ?
    It all starts with the goaltending.

And we go to Lowell for 2 games next weekend. Can you say 0-5?

Their shots were definitely higher quality than our shots, and Mitch Benson deserves credit for keeping it as close as it was. Having said that, in three separate instances, we had two pings off the pipes and once their goal light went on (but it was immediately ruled no goal, and video review confirmed it). I will say that we looked better than last year (when this game would have been 7-0 BC).
    They historically take more penalties than us, and they did today. But, to their credit, they have the talent to kill off those penalties. Having said that, two five-minute majors and game misconducts against us in the final period weren’t our shining moments either. Our players were frustrated and it showed.
    Someone else can discuss individual players’ strengths/weaknesses today. I don’t follow individual players as much as the team as a whole. We played well today against a team that is clearly more talented, top to bottom. I am sure that they are hoping for an appearance in Detroit, whereas we are hoping for an appearance in Lake Placid. That is a HUGE difference.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-13-2019 at 07:51 PM.

Oh, my pet peeve today... when we have the Power Play, is ‘shooting the puck in’ and hoping we ‘get to it first’ really the best we can do? Maybe against a BC it is, but it is frustrating to watch. Especially with as many power play chances as we had today.
    Last edited by iowabasedtraveler; 10-13-2019 at 09:36 PM.

It’s been a pretty lousy autumn for Colgate athletics☹️
    Except for volleyball I guess

Go 'Gate!

Haven't played BC since 2010...such a rarity, and at home while students are away, nonetheless. Now 2-21 all time. It's no wonder why these schools would rather play someone else with some PWR muscle. This has become the norm for hockey; football is much more disappointing and worrisome.
    C O L G A T E
    1990 NCAA FINALS

Thread Information