Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

No real fore checking yesterday from Lowell

Looked like the standard 1-4 set to defend the breakout and try to keep everything in front of the red line.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Comment

Any word on when Reid Stefanson will be available?

Comment

Really digging Lee thus far. Kid had a good weekend from my view

Comment

Originally posted by UMLSec123 View Post
          Really digging Lee thus far. Kid had a good weekend from my view
          Brown also overall freshman class looks solid keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
            Any word on when Reid Stefanson will be available?
            I went over to Sec 113 to watch the 2nd period on Saturday. Reid was right behind me in a walking boot. Didn't look to happy to be on the sidelines so I didn't want to bother him.
            Tully Rink Rat
            Youngstar
            UML Class of 09

Comment

We have the highlights for game 2 posted but no post game interview. I always like to see the interview to hear Norm's comments.
              What did you say?
              Who own the Chiefs?
              What did he say?
              Owns! Owns!

Comment

I think I saw the postgame interview on facebook. Was interesting to see them pull the game 1 highlights offline for 3 hours Saturday night to add music.

https://www.facebook.com/UMassLowell...4553143074415/
                BS UMass Lowell 2015
                PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
                  I went over to Sec 113 to watch the 2nd period on Saturday. Reid was right behind me in a walking boot. Didn't look to happy to be on the sidelines so I didn't want to bother him.
                  Thanks, hopefully he'll be back soon. A good first weekend for the freshmen class. It will be interesting to see how things go at Duluth. They will need to stay out of the box.

I'm not a fan of the multiple stoppages in play for ice cleaning during the period. Maybe they were for tv timeouts but it seemed like they stopped play every 5 minutes. I believe last season there was one at the 10 minute mark.

Just an observation. I don't buy a lot of food or drinks at the games. I usually just buy a bottle of water, which cost me $4.25 yesterday. I can't remember if that is an increase from last season or not. I believe beer (16oz) is $9.00 and $8.25. Is that in line with other rinks? Maybe I'm getting cheap in my old age but my fear is that at some point the cost of concessions may start impacting attendance.

Have fun to the folks heading to Duluth.

Comment

I'm not a fan of the multiple stoppages in play for ice cleaning during the period. Maybe they were for tv timeouts but it seemed like they stopped play every 5 minutes. I believe last season there was one at the 10 minute mark.
                    With all games streamed now, they are TV timeouts. They take place at the 1st whistle after the 14-minute mark, 10 minute mark, and 6 minute mark of each period, with some exceptions (not after a goal, not after an icing, not after a whistle with no change allowed, not in the middle of a power play for one team).
                    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
                      I think I saw the postgame interview on facebook. Was interesting to see them pull the game 1 highlights offline for 3 hours Saturday night to add music.

https://www.facebook.com/UMassLowell...4553143074415/
                      Thanks. I usually look for everything on YouTube
                      What did you say?
                      Who own the Chiefs?
                      What did he say?
                      Owns! Owns!

Comment

Thanks, hopefully he'll be back soon. A good first weekend for the freshmen class. It will be interesting to see how things go at Duluth. They will need to stay out of the box.

Just an observation. I don't buy a lot of food or drinks at the games. I usually just buy a bottle of water, which cost me $4.25 yesterday. I can't remember if that is an increase from last season or not. I believe beer (16oz) is $9.00 and $8.25. Is that in line with other rinks? Maybe I'm getting cheap in my old age but my fear is that at some point the cost of concessions may start impacting attendance.

Have fun to the folks heading to Duluth.
                        Eat before u go or after game attendance will b wins and loses as time goes on

Comment

They stopped for the same 3 "TV" timeouts per period that they've had for years (actual TV game or not). First whistle after 14:00, 10:00, and 6:00.

EDIT: i.e. what ScottK said above. But they have been using these stoppages for years.

Comment

I like the "TV timeouts"

Usually gives me enough time to get up use the bathroom and get back to my seat.

I never buy food there outside of popcorn because of the free refills, but yeah beer went up .75 cents from $8.25 to $9 for the "Premium" 16 oz cans

I'm not buying a beer again until they make it a Budwesier bldg or if you want to go the local route stock some Night Shift Nite Lite
                            Tully Rink Rat
                            Youngstar
                            UML Class of 09

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                              With all games streamed now, they are TV timeouts. They take place at the 1st whistle after the 14-minute mark, 10 minute mark, and 6 minute mark of each period, with some exceptions (not after a goal, not after an icing, not after a whistle with no change allowed, not in the middle of a power play for one team).
                              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                                To expand on what ScottK stated, timeout lengths for Non-NESN games are 60 seconds in length. For NESN games, the timeouts are 90 seconds in length.

Comment

Working...
                                X