Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 250

Thread: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

  1. #141
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Section 105 in the Tsongas Center.
    Posts
    374

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    Glad to get Connor back in the lineup last night as well.

    Sad to see Kenny out of the lineup and up in Sec 114 with a walking boot on

    That isn't good....
    I didn't go the game Friday, what happened to Hausinger? Feel very lucky they pulled out a win last night, it seemed like 75% of the game was in our end. Was it just me or did Procopio look like a deer in the headlights?

  2. #142
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    40

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Told ya best recruiting class in years 👍🏒🥅
    That was an incredible goal Brown got in the third. One thing I notice is that is rare that they are able to score with on one on none, 2 on 1 breakaway.

  3. #143

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,803

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishhawk View Post
    I didn't go the game Friday, what happened to Hausinger? Feel very lucky they pulled out a win last night, it seemed like 75% of the game was in our end. Was it just me or did Procopio look like a deer in the headlights?
    I believe Kenny took a shot off his foot in Friday's game. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Austin O'Rourke was also out of the lineup last night.

    A big win in a very tough game. The Hawks struggled all night long getting the puck out of their own zone. Maine was tough and the Hawks were lucky to escape the 1st period only down one.

  4. #144
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    I believe Kenny took a shot off his foot in Friday's game. Hopefully he'll be back soon. Austin O'Rourke was also out of the lineup last night.

    A big win in a very tough game. The Hawks struggled all night long getting the puck out of their own zone. Maine was tough and the Hawks were lucky to escape the 1st period only down one.
    Isnít that the issue most of the time with most teams

  5. #145
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,476

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    At times this weekend, we looked like a team that should be ranked. For other periods ... we looked awful.

    But keep getting points, that's all we can ask. Wall's been amazing. The freshmen, I'm running out of nice comments to make as they continue to be amazing.

    Another weekend with two winnable games coming up. Lowell needs to do all they can prior to the second half of the season when the HE schedule gets a lot tougher. While there are still games left against PC and Penn State in the first half, starting in January Lowell has two against BU, BC, NU and UMass all left (along with 2 against UNH that just surprised UMass yesterday).
    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  6. #146
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    High Plains of West Parish The Roar from 124
    Posts
    398

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Consistency outside of Tyler Wall and the B & B duo has been hard to come by with Lowell. I am loving every shift of Matt Brown his confidence is through the roof right now and rightfully so given his production. The world is his clam right now and he is riding that gravy train with biscuit wheels.

    As a team they have answered the bell a few times when their backs were against the wall so to speak. I think we still have some gelling to do, but with these points in the bank they do have a little bit of breathing room to work some things out. The breakout game needs to get better, the fly pass needs to stop being the first option. Maine defended it pretty well this weekend and as a result trapped us on the wrong side of the red line for most of the 1st.

    I still wish we had a time table with getting Reid back in the lineup. I would like to see 1 heavy line (Lee / Connor / Lucas) to establish the fore check/attrition game and then let our team speed go to work.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

  7. #147
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    At times this weekend, we looked like a team that should be ranked. For other periods ... we looked awful.

    But keep getting points, that's all we can ask. Wall's been amazing. The freshmen, I'm running out of nice comments to make as they continue to be amazing.

    Another weekend with two winnable games coming up. Lowell needs to do all they can prior to the second half of the season when the HE schedule gets a lot tougher. While there are still games left against PC and Penn State in the first half, starting in January Lowell has two against BU, BC, NU and UMass all left (along with 2 against UNH that just surprised UMass yesterday).
    Need more punch from upper class only KH steady game in and out

  8. #148
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Nashua, NH
    Posts
    8,476

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    And once again for Wall... 4th time in 5 weeks.

    Monty

    2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

  9. #149
    Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Location
    South of Boston
    Posts
    9,208

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I still wish we had a time table with getting Reid back in the lineup.
    You probably won't see him before Christmas.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

    "I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

  10. #150
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Section 105
    Posts
    77

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Anyone know if CBS Sports will stream the Friday night game??

  11. #151
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    High Plains of West Parish The Roar from 124
    Posts
    398

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by Leecoffee9 View Post
    Anyone know if CBS Sports will stream the Friday night game??
    As long as the game is not being televised by NESN it will be streamed on CBS All Access

    If that makes sense, HE really dropped the ball with this
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

  12. #152

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,803

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Any update on Kenny H.? Hopefully the Hawks will take care of business tonight in Hartford.

  13. #153
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,700

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Men's XC just finished 4th in Regionals. That might be the highest place for us ever in DI

  14. #154
    Where my dogsies at?
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Lowell, MA
    Posts
    2,404

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Big weekend for Lowell in terms of points they should get. I'd like to see this team come out and not play down to the opponent. It should be 4 points in the bank after tomorrow night, giving them 14 points heading into a much needed rest week. Part of me is curious if Neaton will see the ice this weekend. But with the off week next week, they may choose to ride with Wall.

  15. #155
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    974

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by bottomdweller View Post
    Big weekend for Lowell in terms of points they should get. I'd like to see this team come out and not play down to the opponent. It should be 4 points in the bank after tomorrow night, giving them 14 points heading into a much needed rest week. Part of me is curious if Neaton will see the ice this weekend. But with the off week next week, they may choose to ride with Wall.
    If Norm decides to give Logan another start this weekend, I hope he does it tomorrow, and only if Lowell wins tonight.

  16. #156

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,803

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    1-1 after 1. It sounds like it wasn't a very good period for the Hawks. UConn with a 11-3 shot edge with a late PP goal to tie it. Lowell scored on the PP (Sodergren) on their first shot, 12 minutes into the period. The team better pick it up.

  17. #157

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,803

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    3-3 after 2. Matt Brown with a late goal to tie it up. UConn with a 20-8 advantage in shots. The Hawks need a big 3rd period.

  18. #158
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    31,700

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    3-3 after 2. Matt Brown with a late goal to tie it up. UConn with a 20-8 advantage in shots. The Hawks need a big 3rd period.
    How bout they show up? This sounds horrid

  19. #159

    Join Date
    Jul 1999
    Location
    Windham, NH
    Posts
    6,803

    Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    How bout they show up? This sounds horrid
    Agree, talk about a lackluster effort.

    Final 3-3, the Hawks where lucky to get the point. They tried to give it away a couple of times in OT. The team is not good enough to take a night off or expect Wall to bail them out every night. Hopefully they're ready to play 60 minutes tomorrow night.

  20. #160
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    nh
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    Agree, talk about a lackluster effort.

    Final 3-3, the Hawks where lucky to get the point. They tried to give it away a couple of times in OT. The team is not good enough to take a night off or expect Wall to bail them out every night. Hopefully they're ready to play 60 minutes tomorrow night.
    Who do u put it on letís get feedback

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •