Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    It sounds like the Hawks had a hard time generating consistent offensive pressure. I would like hear from the folks that were at the game for their thoughts.
    Coach sounded ****ed not happy

Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

That's a disappointing loss. Had they won tonight, I would have liked their chances to make the NCAA tournament, but now it feels like they will fall short again.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    That's a disappointing loss. Had they won tonight, I would have liked their chances to make the NCAA tournament, but now it feels like they will fall short again.
    You get what you deserve

We'll find out soon as there's only 13 games left and the schedule gets much tougher. It will be interesting to see how things go against the Eagles on Friday night.

2017 & 2018 Pick-em contest winner

Their lack of scoring always seems to let them down against teams much lower than them in the Pairwise. The damage in the Pairwise is hard to overcome.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

High Plains of West Parish The Roar from 124

Kind of early to throw the towel in

They have yet to go through the meat grinder part of the HE schedule
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Quote Originally Posted by gochiefs View Post
    Their lack of scoring always seems to let them down against teams much lower than them in the Pairwise. The damage in the Pairwise is hard to overcome.
    They have a tendency to give up a good shots looking for that extra/perfect pass. Get the puck on net and crash it. UMass and PC do a great job of that. Everything goes to the net where they hope to out number the defense and pick up a loose puck.

They also need to stay out of the box. Too many penalties yesterday.

They have a tendency to give up a good shots looking for that extra/perfect pass. Get the puck on net and crash it. UMass and PC do a great job of that. Everything goes to the net where they hope to out number the defense and pick up a loose puck.

They also need to stay out of the box. Too many penalties yesterday.
    Team speed needs to b addressed ASAP with recruiting we all see it if you don’t please open your eyes

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Team speed needs to b addressed ASAP with recruiting we all see it if you don’t please open your eyes
    Team speed was NOT the problem this weekend. RIT just clogged up the middle and Lowell couldn't break through it to get many decent shots on net. Some bad defense also hurt a lot. You can't give up that many odd-man rushes and expect your goalie to bail you out every time.

As for the Pairwise, a split this weekend didn't hurt them that much, and is essentially offset by the win over Penn State, the split with UMD, and the 2 wins against PC. The Colgate series is the one that hurts more. However, with 6 games left against BC/UMass/NU, they still pretty much control their own destiny for the NCAA's.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

They would be 7th in the PWR had they won last night. Instead they are now 13th and have a tougher schedule looming. That's a big difference. They get outshot in most games, and 2:1 by the better teams they've faced (PC, Penn State, UMD). Thanks to Tyler they've stolen some wins against those teams. I agree they still control their NCAA destiny, and that it's too early to throw in the towel, but this season is trending similar to the past couple.
    Last edited by Middle Street; 01-12-2020 at 10:36 PM.

They would be 7th in the PWR had they won last night. Instead they are now 13th and have a tougher schedule looming. That's a big difference. They get outshot in most games, and 2:1 by the better teams they've faced (PC, Penn State, UMD). Thanks to Tyler they've stolen some wins against those teams. I agree they still control their NCAA destiny, and that it's too early to throw in the towel, but this season is trending similar to the past couple.
    How true

The UCONN series didnt help matters either. Big game against BC friday before the meat and potatoes of the schedule comes in

One Lowell player and one commit listed on the NHL's Mid-Term CSB, Berglund and Meehan. Berglund is listed as a 7th Round Pick, Meehan a 4th.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Lowell Sun article on the upcoming weekend.

Hockey East play heating up for River Hawks

Lowell Sun article on the upcoming weekend.

Hockey East play heating up for River Hawks
    Pray

Quote Originally Posted by chiefs11 View Post
    Pray
    Well it will be interesting to see how the Hawks stack up against the Eagles. Hopefully there'll be a decent crowd, although it's a long weekend for some and classes don't begin until next Tuesday,

Where my dogsies at?

Vote Wall for Hobey: https://www.hobeybaker.com/vote

I feel good against BC tonight.... if Wall has another spectacular game that is. Nothing of a revelation here but seems to be the key so far this year - as goes Wall, so goes the Team. Plus we are 8-1-3 on Fridays this year!
    Last edited by Leecoffee9; 01-17-2020 at 02:39 PM.

I thought Lowell played good tonight, especially in the first two periods. Unfortunately a few too many shots into Knight’s chest in the 3rd. BC obviously will make you pay with any mistake. What a snipe by Newhook! I think special teams was the difference tonight with UML failing to convert, as well as giving up that SHG. On to Merrimack.

Hat Tip to Lowell’s finest tonight. Not only was it frigid, but they added an officer to waive people through the light by the commuter rail station. I haven’t seen that before and I hope that continues.

I thought Lowell played good tonight, especially in the first two periods. Unfortunately a few too many shots into Knight’s chest in the 3rd. BC obviously will make you pay with any mistake. What a snipe by Newhook! I think special teams was the difference tonight with UML failing to convert, as well as giving up that SHG. On to Merrimack.
    You couldn't ask for a better start but they just couldn't get that third goal. That SHG was a killer and got BC going. A must win tomorrow night against the Warriors.

Thread Information