Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

2017 & 2018 Pick-em contest winner

Re: UML 2019/2020: Underclassmen Reign

We have the highlights for game 2 posted but no post game interview. I always like to see the interview to hear Norm's comments.
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

I think I saw the postgame interview on facebook. Was interesting to see them pull the game 1 highlights offline for 3 hours Saturday night to add music.

https://www.facebook.com/UMassLowell...4553143074415/
    BS UMass Lowell 2015
    PhD Georgia Institute of Technology 20(19ish?)

Quote Originally Posted by BUtogether View Post
    And I'd be giving BJ's to any kid
    RIP KRoy4Hobey, Gr8Sk8M8(?), BUtogether(?)

Quote Originally Posted by Turk_Sanderson View Post
    I went over to Sec 113 to watch the 2nd period on Saturday. Reid was right behind me in a walking boot. Didn't look to happy to be on the sidelines so I didn't want to bother him.
    Thanks, hopefully he'll be back soon. A good first weekend for the freshmen class. It will be interesting to see how things go at Duluth. They will need to stay out of the box.

I'm not a fan of the multiple stoppages in play for ice cleaning during the period. Maybe they were for tv timeouts but it seemed like they stopped play every 5 minutes. I believe last season there was one at the 10 minute mark.

Just an observation. I don't buy a lot of food or drinks at the games. I usually just buy a bottle of water, which cost me $4.25 yesterday. I can't remember if that is an increase from last season or not. I believe beer (16oz) is $9.00 and $8.25. Is that in line with other rinks? Maybe I'm getting cheap in my old age but my fear is that at some point the cost of concessions may start impacting attendance.

Have fun to the folks heading to Duluth.

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by boblav1 View Post
    I'm not a fan of the multiple stoppages in play for ice cleaning during the period. Maybe they were for tv timeouts but it seemed like they stopped play every 5 minutes. I believe last season there was one at the 10 minute mark.
    With all games streamed now, they are TV timeouts. They take place at the 1st whistle after the 14-minute mark, 10 minute mark, and 6 minute mark of each period, with some exceptions (not after a goal, not after an icing, not after a whistle with no change allowed, not in the middle of a power play for one team).
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

2017 & 2018 Pick-em contest winner

Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    I think I saw the postgame interview on facebook. Was interesting to see them pull the game 1 highlights offline for 3 hours Saturday night to add music.

https://www.facebook.com/UMassLowell...4553143074415/
    Thanks. I usually look for everything on YouTube
    What did you say?
    Who own the Chiefs?
    What did he say?
    Owns! Owns!

Thanks, hopefully he'll be back soon. A good first weekend for the freshmen class. It will be interesting to see how things go at Duluth. They will need to stay out of the box.

Just an observation. I don't buy a lot of food or drinks at the games. I usually just buy a bottle of water, which cost me $4.25 yesterday. I can't remember if that is an increase from last season or not. I believe beer (16oz) is $9.00 and $8.25. Is that in line with other rinks? Maybe I'm getting cheap in my old age but my fear is that at some point the cost of concessions may start impacting attendance.

Have fun to the folks heading to Duluth.
    Eat before u go or after game attendance will b wins and loses as time goes on

They stopped for the same 3 "TV" timeouts per period that they've had for years (actual TV game or not). First whistle after 14:00, 10:00, and 6:00.

EDIT: i.e. what ScottK said above. But they have been using these stoppages for years.

High Plains of West Parish The Roar from 124

I like the "TV timeouts"

Usually gives me enough time to get up use the bathroom and get back to my seat.

I never buy food there outside of popcorn because of the free refills, but yeah beer went up .75 cents from $8.25 to $9 for the "Premium" 16 oz cans

I'm not buying a beer again until they make it a Budwesier bldg or if you want to go the local route stock some Night Shift Nite Lite
    Tully Rink Rat
    Dick Umile Told Me To Go Fudge Myself Club
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    With all games streamed now, they are TV timeouts. They take place at the 1st whistle after the 14-minute mark, 10 minute mark, and 6 minute mark of each period, with some exceptions (not after a goal, not after an icing, not after a whistle with no change allowed, not in the middle of a power play for one team).
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottK View Post
    To expand on what ScottK stated, timeout lengths for Non-NESN games are 60 seconds in length. For NESN games, the timeouts are 90 seconds in length.

I'm not buying a beer again until they make it a Budwesier bldg or if you want to go the local route stock some Night Shift Nite Lite
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by pressbox View Post
    To expand on what ScottK stated, timeout lengths for Non-NESN games are 60 seconds in length. For NESN games, the timeouts are 90 seconds in length.
    It's interesting though, that the "tv time outs" don't actually result in commercials on stream. Guessing that may change eventually, but watching on the stream they've been dropping the ad during the middle of the period, missed the UAH goal Friday night due to an ad on stream
    BS UMass Lowell 2015

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Drastic? You betcha

But I'm a Brand Loyal Dude neither Coors Light or Miller Light ever caught my fancy

I made my suggestions known during the survey period last Spring
    Tully Rink Rat
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Drastic? You betcha

But I'm a Brand Loyal Dude neither Coors Light or Miller Light ever caught my fancy

I made my suggestions known during the survey period last Spring
    Being brand loyal is fine. Wanting nothing but (what I consider crap) one brand is dumb and business ignorant. It's not like you can't get Bud in the building (I'm assuming).
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Quote Originally Posted by UMLFan View Post
    Being brand loyal is fine. Wanting nothing but (what I consider crap) one brand is dumb and business ignorant. It's not like you can't get Bud in the building (I'm assuming).
    I noticed fewer beer choices available this weekend. The Harpoon stand behind sec 115 was missing and the woman that works the Sam Adam's tap behind 104 told my buddy that they are going to replace those taps with White Claw soon.

Safe travels to anyone heading out to Duluth, I hear it might snow?

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    So who is to blame here? NESN? Thought it was odd they were picking up that game.
    Tully Rink Rat
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Street View Post
    That stinks.

So who is to blame here? NESN? Thought it was odd they were picking up that game.
    While off topic, it's interesting to me that in the 3 weeks between the press release and the current version of the hockey east watch schedule, three other games (BC @ Denver, UMass @ Denver, SLU @ UConn) have been added to the NESN schedule.

I can't imagine its a NESN thing, my best guess is the local station that UMD broadcasts their games to weren't happy about sharing their feed without NESN paying any of the production costs
    BS UMass Lowell 2015

Quote Originally Posted by UML Puck Hawk View Post
    While off topic, it's interesting to me that in the 3 weeks between the press release and the current version of the hockey east watch schedule, three other games (BC @ Denver, UMass @ Denver, SLU @ UConn) have been added to the NESN schedule.

I can't imagine its a NESN thing, my best guess is the local station that UMD broadcasts their games to weren't happy about sharing their feed without NESN paying any of the production costs
    MyTV9 in Duluth is a serious pain in the tookus
    Tully Rink Rat
    Youngstar
    UML Class of 09

Thread Information