Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

WCHA Pick ‘Em 2019-20

Time for the next rendition of the WCHA Pick ‘Em contest - hard to believe we're only one week out. Rules are the same as last year:
    3 points for a win (regulation or NCAA OT)
    2 points for a shootout win (WCHA conference games only)
    1 point for a shootout loss (WCHA conference games only)
    0 points for a loss (regulation or NCAA OT)

For OOC regular season and specific tournament games, there will be the option to pick a tie which will be worth 3 points if the game ends in a tie at the end of the NCAA OT period or zero points if either team wins.

Periodically there will be a bonus question (or two...) worth 5-10 points.
    Only NCAA-sanctioned games will be counted (no exhibition games).
    Click the link, fill out the form, submit your picks (don’t forget to click Submit).
    Top 32 make the playoffs (if we have that many). More on that later.

Three awards are up for grabs:
    MacNaughton Cup – Regular season champion as determined by total points (2018-19 winner – Bronco Hockey Fan)
    Mason Cup – Highest regular season points percentage (based solely on picks) (2018-19 winner – Bronco Hockey Fan)
    Jeff Sauer Trophy – Playoff champion (2018-19 winner – Bronco Hockey Fan)

Players associated with Nacho teams have won back-to-back MacNaughton and Sauer awards. Are the WCHA players up for the challenge this year? We'll know in 21 weeks. Good luck!

Week 1 picks
    View response summaries
    View response details
    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 10-01-2019, 05:40 PM.

Re: WCHA Pick 'Em 2019-2020

Well, I'm in.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

*MacNaughton

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTUHuskies View Post
        *MacNaughton

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
        Ugh. Fixed.

Comment

Doesn't Sweeney Hawks Hockey normally participate?
          MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
            Never misses a Pick ‘Em on these boards, but doesn’t usually enter picks until later in the week.

Comment

I am in!
              Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
              FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
              NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
              NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
              NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
              Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
                Hello
                2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Hey Talons, you do so well with the organization and presentation of the weekly google sheets for this contest. Figured I'd ask if there's any chance you could quick put together one for the NCHC as well? I'm not proficiently trained in that little corner of the internet.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronco Hockey Fan View Post
                    Hey Talons, you do so well with the organization and presentation of the weekly google sheets for this contest. Figured I'd ask if there's any chance you could quick put together one for the NCHC as well? I'm not proficiently trained in that little corner of the internet.
                    I'd rather not have to pick against my team every week. I believe my impartiality has been the key cog to my success in this type of contest.
                    2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

Gonna be tough to pull this together in a few short days. Of course everything would say "Nacho" and I'd be forced to keep the BG color scheme.

If you're interested in co-managing, PM me...maybe we can pull it together quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                        I'd rather not have to pick against my team every week. I believe my impartiality has been the key cog to my success in this type of contest.
                        Saw a replay of Bergeron's last press conference. Exact same playbook he and Barry (and Ty) used with us. Which means you guys are gonna be grinders. Curious to see how that works out in a Nacho-type league. So yeah, this year you won't be doing much homer picking if you expect to win.

And thank God he didn't use the phrase "Brotherhood"...I would have thrown up on my new BG Hockey pullover (orange of course).

Comment

Looks like I forgot to turn sharing on for the detailed responses. Same as last year.

Fixed.

Comment

Shoot, wish I saw this yesterday. I say do a quick short one just for the lone game this week, then we can work from there.

Color scheme? Don't care. NACHO? I don't mind. I miss the CCHA days as well. Not as much as Paula Weston, but still...

Comment

Shoot, wish I saw this yesterday. I say do a quick short one just for the lone game this week, then we can work from there.

Color scheme? Don't care. NACHO? I don't mind. I miss the CCHA days as well. Not as much as Paula Weston, but still...
                              Tried sending you an email but you have that turned off. I have Week 1 ready to go but it's only 3 games so I think there's still time for next week. I'm OK running the back end data collection and analytics but prefer not to be the face of this. If you're OK doing the forum posts, I can feed you the info to post. If you're interested, email your contact info to me and we can discuss the rules you want to set up.

Comment

Working...
                              X