View Poll Results: Do you enjoy "hoodie weather?"

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • No. I want all the summer!

    6 28.57%
  • Yes, it's nice to wear something oversized and comfortable and warm for cool weather.

    15 71.43%
Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 881 to 900 of 1001

Thread: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

  1. #881
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,230
    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good Afternoon Lodge!

    Spent the last 2 days running about and thought I would be really sore (last night I was miserable!) WOke up OK and just walked almost 3 miles. Other than my messed up feet, I think I am fitter than I have been in a long time. It is all relative. In the time it took me to walk 3 miles lilnsl can run 9 miles racing.

    He went off early this AM to race a 5k. He tried to register last night, filled in the form and was shut out. Called his sponsor who got him in. He got the call last night at 9 and was like a kid in the candy shop. Ran 15:50, could have gone faster, won by a lot. Won a gift certificate, mug and had a great time for himself. It is good to see him happy. Can't wait to see what happens when he runs Boston. He is in ridiculous shape. I was looking at his running log on Strava and he is training at a pace some people would be happy to race at.
    African pace??
    Pretty sure these things can be wagered

    Dark horse payout retirement fund for lodge!!!

  2. #882
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,414

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good Morning, MEUSA!
    Good Morning, Mookie!


    Good Morning to the late risers too!

  3. #883
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,414

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    We won't have to worry about the banana bread running out. The Starbucks which I go to raised the price again.

  4. #884
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,414

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by leswp1 View Post
    Good Afternoon Lodge!

    Spent the last 2 days running about and thought I would be really sore (last night I was miserable!) WOke up OK and just walked almost 3 miles. Other than my messed up feet, I think I am fitter than I have been in a long time. It is all relative. In the time it took me to walk 3 miles lilnsl can run 9 miles racing.

    He went off early this AM to race a 5k. He tried to register last night, filled in the form and was shut out. Called his sponsor who got him in. He got the call last night at 9 and was like a kid in the candy shop. Ran 15:50, could have gone faster, won by a lot. Won a gift certificate, mug and had a great time for himself. It is good to see him happy. Can't wait to see what happens when he runs Boston. He is in ridiculous shape. I was looking at his running log on Strava and he is training at a pace some people would be happy to race at.
    [ math ]
    Let's see. 15:50 for 5 km is 3:10 for 1 km or about 5:06 for 1 mile. You are 1/3 as fast. That means that it takes you 15:17 to walk a mile. That's pretty fast, especially if you have to wait for lights to change.
    [ /math ]

    You must eat a lot of banana bread.

  5. #885
    wubba lubba dub dub
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    North Haverbrook
    Posts
    32,422

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    [ math ]
    Let's see. 15:50 for 5 km is 3:10 for 1 km or about 5:06 for 1 mile. You are 1/3 as fast. That means that it takes you 15:17 to walk a mile. That's pretty fast, especially if you have to wait for lights to change.
    [ /math ]

    You must eat a lot of banana bread.
    Where do you think the kid got his speed?
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

    "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

    "Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

  6. #886
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,107

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    African pace??
    Pretty sure these things can be wagered

    Dark horse payout retirement fund for lodge!!!
    HA~ The official world records in the 5000 metres are held by Kenenisa Bekele with 12:37.35 minutes for men and Tirunesh Dibaba with 14:11.15 minutes for women. Both are from Bekoji, Ethiopia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    [ math ]
    Let's see. 15:50 for 5 km is 3:10 for 1 km or about 5:06 for 1 mile. You are 1/3 as fast. That means that it takes you 15:17 to walk a mile. That's pretty fast, especially if you have to wait for lights to change.
    [ /math ]

    You must eat a lot of banana bread.
    NO MATH!! And banana bread is on the same par as math. For some reason even touching bananas gives me the willies. I hate the smell, taste and even the texture. I would starve before ingesting anything to do with banana

    Good Afternoon Lodge!

    I have been on hold for 23 minutes with the billing dept at the hospital where they are persisting in trying to double bill me for something they shouldn't have billed at all. I am losing my patience.

  7. #887
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,107

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    After 35 min on hold I called on my cell while still holding on the home phone. The switchboard direct connected me. 25 min on phone and still not resolved. They need to show it to the insurance billing supervisor. I asked, very sweetly, if I should just plan to block out 3-4 hours to deal with billing issues every time I need an appointment or test done because I STILL have not resolved the issue from my labs in Sept. Crickets.

  8. #888
    We'll be back. Hammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Semi-retired from USCHO
    Posts
    37,611

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Woke up this morning at 6:30. A split second later the headache hit. It was like my body said "oh, you're up now? Here you go, boom!"

    I called the office to tell my VP that I needed to sleep this off. She didn't recognize who I was at first. Tossed and turned for 1 1/2 hours, then got up and laid down on the couch. When I woke up I was at least functional, but I thought it was about 10:30. Checked my phone....12:05. Oops.

    I've got tax stuff to do at the office, and year-end processing for our annual statements and our auditors. Plus, I feel like I'm drinking from a fire hose trying to figure out my duties as the effective tax manager. I can't be blowing off an entire day at the office. Rolled into the office at 1 PM and put in a good 5 1/2 hours. Better than nothing, I guess.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR


    God, that was fun...

  9. #889
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,916

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good morning to tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  10. #890
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,414

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good Morning, MEUSA!


    Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!

  11. #891
    there's a good buck in that racket.
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    oasis in the middle east
    Posts
    44,230

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    s'upp y'all

  12. #892
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,107

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good Afternoon Lodge!

    Nice day for a walk.

  13. #893
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,414

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    I managed to not open the POTUS thread which closed today at all. My blood pressure has probably gone way down.

  14. #894
    Opposite Girl
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Meffa, MA
    Posts
    30,300

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    I managed to not open the POTUS thread which closed today at all. My blood pressure has probably gone way down.
    They started a new one!

    You know, it's hard to stay confident in your abilities when you're told you need to start doing a certain thing/acting in a certain way and you start to do that and get shot down. More than once.

  15. #895
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,107

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet View Post
    They started a new one!

    You know, it's hard to stay confident in your abilities when you're told you need to start doing a certain thing/acting in a certain way and you start to do that and get shot down. More than once.
    This is the classic strategy of a sucky management. Take a great worker, who is willing to do more than should be expected, tell them they suck (when they are doing just fine) and otherwise denigrate them and screw their confidence. The person tries harder and harder to please while losing self confidence- thereby discouraging them from thinking they are good enough to look elsewhere for a job. Seems to work better on women who feel like they already are at a disadvantage. Would they do this stuff to a guy? How about acting offended instead of trying to figure out what else to do to please? Sounds like they are toxic, trying to drive you out. Stupid strategy and how business loses the things that make them successful.*

    Time to really look at what is happening here. If they were really trying to help you they would be trying to build you up instead of trying to get you to doubt yourself.

    *Was listening to an interview with an engineer from Boeing talk about the merger with McDonnell Douglas ( https://www.iowapublicradio.org/post...ssues#stream/0 ) talking about how the merger with MD and their poor management style led to the demise of a successful culture. It was fascinating

  16. #896
    Let's Go 'Tute! Ralph Baer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Location
    Washington, D.C.
    Posts
    205,414

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good Morning Lodge!

  17. #897
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,916

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good morning Ralph!

    Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  18. #898
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,107

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Good Afternoon Lodge!

    Another temperate day in 978-land.

  19. #899
    Registered Loser
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,879

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Ugh.

    So, my hospital moved data centers this past weekend. Huge undertaking for any company of any kind.

    It's gone... poorly. And I'm 90% certain it's due to the new data center management (one of the other hospitals in our new system). Our poor network and server engineers have been working almost around the clock since Friday, and it's still nowhere near done.

    When we say we need data tunnels spec'd out in such a way, and you tell us they are, and then they aren't - that's on you. As are the cascading problems resulting from that screwup.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

  20. #900
    Veteran leswp1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    32,107

    Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

    Quote Originally Posted by Swansong View Post
    Ugh.

    So, my hospital moved data centers this past weekend. Huge undertaking for any company of any kind.

    It's gone... poorly. And I'm 90% certain it's due to the new data center management (one of the other hospitals in our new system). Our poor network and server engineers have been working almost around the clock since Friday, and it's still nowhere near done.

    When we say we need data tunnels spec'd out in such a way, and you tell us they are, and then they aren't - that's on you. As are the cascading problems resulting from that screwup.
    That sounds nightmarish. As in mind blowing to have to deal with. Sorry.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •