• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Rep Retirement Lodge: The Banana Bread Is Running Out

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    African pace??
    Pretty sure these things can be wagered

Dark horse payout retirement fund for lodge!!!
    HA~ The official world records in the 5000 metres are held by Kenenisa Bekele with 12:37.35 minutes for men and Tirunesh Dibaba with 14:11.15 minutes for women. Both are from Bekoji, Ethiopia.

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
    [ math ]
    Let's see. 15:50 for 5 km is 3:10 for 1 km or about 5:06 for 1 mile. You are 1/3 as fast. That means that it takes you 15:17 to walk a mile. That's pretty fast, especially if you have to wait for lights to change.
    [ /math ]

You must eat a lot of banana bread.
    NO MATH!! And banana bread is on the same par as math. For some reason even touching bananas gives me the willies. I hate the smell, taste and even the texture. I would starve before ingesting anything to do with banana

Good Afternoon Lodge!

I have been on hold for 23 minutes with the billing dept at the hospital where they are persisting in trying to double bill me for something they shouldn't have billed at all. I am losing my patience.

Comment

After 35 min on hold I called on my cell while still holding on the home phone. The switchboard direct connected me. 25 min on phone and still not resolved. They need to show it to the insurance billing supervisor. I asked, very sweetly, if I should just plan to block out 3-4 hours to deal with billing issues every time I need an appointment or test done because I STILL have not resolved the issue from my labs in Sept. Crickets.

Comment

Woke up this morning at 6:30. A split second later the headache hit. It was like my body said "oh, you're up now? Here you go, boom!"

I called the office to tell my VP that I needed to sleep this off. She didn't recognize who I was at first. Tossed and turned for 1 1/2 hours, then got up and laid down on the couch. When I woke up I was at least functional, but I thought it was about 10:30. Checked my phone....12:05. Oops.

I've got tax stuff to do at the office, and year-end processing for our annual statements and our auditors. Plus, I feel like I'm drinking from a fire hose trying to figure out my duties as the effective tax manager. I can't be blowing off an entire day at the office. Rolled into the office at 1 PM and put in a good 5 1/2 hours. Better than nothing, I guess.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Good morning to tLodge!
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
          Northeast Regional:
          West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Morning, MEUSA!

Good Morning to the rest of tLodge!
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

s'upp y'all
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Nice day for a walk.

Comment

I managed to not open the POTUS thread which closed today at all. My blood pressure has probably gone way down.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                    I managed to not open the POTUS thread which closed today at all. My blood pressure has probably gone way down.
                    They started a new one!

You know, it's hard to stay confident in your abilities when you're told you need to start doing a certain thing/acting in a certain way and you start to do that and get shot down. More than once.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      They started a new one!

You know, it's hard to stay confident in your abilities when you're told you need to start doing a certain thing/acting in a certain way and you start to do that and get shot down. More than once.
                      This is the classic strategy of a sucky management. Take a great worker, who is willing to do more than should be expected, tell them they suck (when they are doing just fine) and otherwise denigrate them and screw their confidence. The person tries harder and harder to please while losing self confidence- thereby discouraging them from thinking they are good enough to look elsewhere for a job. Seems to work better on women who feel like they already are at a disadvantage. Would they do this stuff to a guy? How about acting offended instead of trying to figure out what else to do to please? Sounds like they are toxic, trying to drive you out. Stupid strategy and how business loses the things that make them successful.*

Time to really look at what is happening here. If they were really trying to help you they would be trying to build you up instead of trying to get you to doubt yourself.

*Was listening to an interview with an engineer from Boeing talk about the merger with McDonnell Douglas ( https://www.iowapublicradio.org/post...ssues#stream/0 ) talking about how the merger with MD and their poor management style led to the demise of a successful culture. It was fascinating

Comment

Good Morning Lodge!
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Good morning Ralph!

Good morning to the rest of tLodge!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Good Afternoon Lodge!

Another temperate day in 978-land.

Comment

Ugh.

So, my hospital moved data centers this past weekend. Huge undertaking for any company of any kind.

It's gone... poorly. And I'm 90% certain it's due to the new data center management (one of the other hospitals in our new system). Our poor network and server engineers have been working almost around the clock since Friday, and it's still nowhere near done.

When we say we need data tunnels spec'd out in such a way, and you tell us they are, and then they aren't - that's on you. As are the cascading problems resulting from that screwup.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                Ugh.

So, my hospital moved data centers this past weekend. Huge undertaking for any company of any kind.

It's gone... poorly. And I'm 90% certain it's due to the new data center management (one of the other hospitals in our new system). Our poor network and server engineers have been working almost around the clock since Friday, and it's still nowhere near done.

When we say we need data tunnels spec'd out in such a way, and you tell us they are, and then they aren't - that's on you. As are the cascading problems resulting from that screwup.
                                That sounds nightmarish. As in mind blowing to have to deal with. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                                X