No announcement yet.

2019-20 D1 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goaltending is clearly not RPI's problem as they were lucky to tie Holy Cross 2-2 with HC dominating RPI in shots by more than double....52-23. RPI is in serious trouble this season. Very sad to see.

Comment

Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

UVM 4, Dartmouth 2, on a hatty by Maude Poulin-Labelle
      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Wild one at Syracuse. RIT wins 7-4, despite being outshot ~ 39-21. 2 empty net goals.

Comment

Princeton 1-0 over Colgate. Princeton scores on a turnover 40 seconds in. Dead even after that.

Comment

Wisconsin 1, Minnesota 0 after a period. The 10-3 shot totals are wildly misleading, because the Gophers had 4-5 good chances go just wide. On the whole, it was evenly played.

Comment

After two periods, it's Minnesota 2, Wisconsin 1. Just an outstanding hockey game.

Did Bob Ludwig die during the week, turning this into a memorial game? Even he might have called a couple of penalties by now.

Comment

Final is Minnesota 4, Wisconsin 2.

ARM said between periods that it was an uncharacteristically sloppy game for the Badgers. I'd put it a bit differently. The Gophers were able to impose their preferred tempo to the game, and Wisconsin just isn't as good at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                  Final is Minnesota 4, Wisconsin 2.

ARM said between periods that it was an uncharacteristically sloppy game for the Badgers. I'd put it a bit differently. The Gophers were able to impose their preferred tempo to the game, and Wisconsin just isn't as good at that.
                  Not that would have made much difference, but pretty amazing to go an entire game with no penalties. Late in the second, Bowlby got taken into the boards so hard that she had trouble getting up, so much so that they blew play dead. Well geez, guys, if she got taken in that hard, maybe call a penalty?

Been a while since UW lost one like that. Interesting to see what they do about it tomorrow.
                  Last edited by robertearle; 11-02-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    Not that would have made much difference, but pretty amazing to go an entire game with no penalties. Late in the second, Bowlby got taken into the boards so hard that she had trouble getting up, so much so that they blew play dead. Well geez, guys, if she got taken in that hard, maybe call a penalty?
                    There were plenty of marginal non-calls both ways, but that wasn't one of them. That was two players locked up, hitting the boards at close to full speed. It wasn't a check, just her own momentum.

Comment

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

There were plenty of marginal non-calls both ways, but that wasn't one of them. That was two players locked up, hitting the boards at close to full speed. It wasn't a check, just her own momentum.

Nonsense.

Comment

That 5-4 Clarkson win over RPI is a real black eye for the Knights IMO. RPI is a horror show this year. What the hell happened?
                        Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                        Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                        Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                          Nonsense.
                          I didn't actually see the game, but I am going to have to go with Eeyore on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            That 5-4 Clarkson win over RPI is a real black eye for the Knights IMO. RPI is a horror show this year. What the hell happened?
                            For one thing, RPI was not the basket case they have been in earlier games. They only had 19 shots on net, but keep in mind this is the same team that could only muster 23 shots against Holy Cross a week ago. They have figured out a few things about how to move the puck into the offensive zone. Clarkson's winning goal was a weak one...it looked like the game was going to overtime.

Comment

Yours are almost my exact words to the person sitting next to me at the time. The Wisconsin fans behind us were all yelling for a penalty. It was not one, but as you wrote, "just her own momentum" at a fairly high speed. I'm glad she wasn't badly hurt.
                              "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by bluffrinkrat View Post
                                Yours are almost my exact words to the person sitting next to me at the time. The Wisconsin fans behind us were all yelling for a penalty. It was not one, but as you wrote, "just her own momentum" at a fairly high speed. I'm glad she wasn't badly hurt.
                                Geez, you guys, watch the video when you get a chance. The sequence starts with 6:15 left in the second period. Bowlby crosses over on Skaja, has a half-step on her and 'inside position' to get the puck. Skaja puts her elbow into Bolwby's back and pushes her into the boards hard enough that Bolwby has trouble getting up, such that the refs have to blow the whistle. It's a check, from behind, into the boards. If that's not a penalty, what is?

Comment

Working...
                                X