2019-20 D1 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

BC the first team to ever score two SHG against the Gophers in one game, according to our SID
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

The stream reminded me of a typical stream you'd be likely to see several years ago.

As already mentioned:
      - No clock, including penalty info.
      - Poor camera work, which would often be behind the play, causing the viewer to lose sight of the puck.
      - Too wide of camera angle, making the players appear to be too far away and leaving the viewer to only guess who has the puck. No use of a zoom lens when the action is at the end(s) of the rink.
      - Only one camera in use, contributing to the above issue.
      - Herky-jerky video, the opposite of smooth motion.
      - No announcer(s)!

While I appreciated being able to stream the video using LiveBarn, they have much to learn in terms of producing a high quality modern video stream of today's fast-moving women's hockey game.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        The stream reminded me of a typical stream you'd be likely to see several years ago.

As already mentioned:
        - No clock, including penalty info.
        - Poor camera work, which would often be behind the play, causing the viewer to lose sight of the puck.
        - Too wide of camera angle, making the players appear to be too far away and leaving the viewer to only guess who has the puck. No use of a zoom lens when the action is at the end(s) of the rink.
        - Only one camera in use, contributing to the above issue.
        - Herky-jerky video, the opposite of smooth motion.
        - No announcer(s)!

While I appreciated being able to stream the video using LiveBarn, they have much to learn in terms of producing a high quality modern video stream of today's fast-moving women's hockey game.
        LiveBarn is mostly used in local rinks so that families can watch their kids practice from home. There's no camera person -- it follows the play using motion-sensors.

I get that it was a terrible "production" but I think you guys are missing the forest for the trees here. These neutral site rinks NEVER stream games, and it's not a men's vs. women's hockey thing either. Hell, the men's Beanpot Consolation has never once been on video in the history of the tournament -- special case, but still.

I was just grateful to be able to watch at all.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
          BC the first team to ever score two SHG against the Gophers in one game, according to our SID
          Also according to our SID, this was the first time BC played the #1 team in the country and didn't lose. BC was 0-16-0 going into this game against top-ranked teams.

Comment

LiveBarn is mostly used in local rinks so that families can watch their kids practice from home. There's no camera person -- it follows the play using motion-sensors.

I get that it was a terrible "production" but I think you guys are missing the forest for the trees here. These neutral site rinks NEVER stream games, and it's not a men's vs. women's hockey thing either. Hell, the men's Beanpot Consolation has never once been on video in the history of the tournament -- special case, but still.

Yes, it felt remotely controlled from the get-go. For the second game it served as a giant baby cam, monitoring the mayhem in the playroom but unable to call 911.

And yes, you're absolutely right, the first response to it all should be appreciation for any kind of video coverage at all, including that candid clueless ref moment, though I may have been the only one to notice. She really seemed to find chatting with the BC bench more interesting than following the action. More to come today!

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
              including that candid clueless ref moment,
              Getting the names from the Wisconsin and Minnesota box scores, at least three of the four referees for the day were Hockey East officials. One of the two working the BC-Minnesota game, Katie Guay, worked the Olympics in 2018.

(Attendance listed as 1250, FWIW)

From what I saw from a couple of 'goal scored' gifs on the UW twitter page, I doubt I'd watch that for free, much less from $15 a month or whatever they're charging.

Adding: Katie Guay also worked last year's NCAA championship game between Minnesota and Wisconsin
              Last edited by robertearle; 11-30-2019, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Wow Badgers with the troll job on Twitter this morning https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...991692291?s=19

Comment

Wow Badgers with the troll job on Twitter this morning https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...991692291?s=19
                  That is the regular "It's a great day for hockey" pinned game info post; they put one up for every game. And it always features a photo of a team member like that. Yes, today it is Watts. It is also their eighteenth game this season, and so likely not the first time Watts' photo has been the one used. If that counts as "trolling", well...

Here's the one from yesterday:
                  https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...08066627260416
                  Last edited by robertearle; 11-30-2019, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertearle View Post
                    That is the regular "It's a great day for hockey" pinned game info post; they put one up for every game. And it always features a photo of a team member like that. Yes, today it is Watts. It is also their eighteenth game this season, and so likely not the first time Watts' photo has been the one used. If that counts as "trolling", well...

Here's the one from yesterday:
                    https://twitter.com/BadgerWHockey/st...08066627260416
                    I know what they do, let's not pretend it wasn't intentional lol come on now

Comment

I know what they do, let's not pretend it wasn't intentional lol come on now
                      I'm not saying it was 'random', I'm saying as "trolling" goes, that's pretty weak tea.

Comment

It's not poking a voodoo doll with a BC on it but it's still trolling lol

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
                          While I appreciated being able to stream the video using LiveBarn...
                          OK we were both grateful but those motion sensors need some work!
                          Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Also according to our SID, this was the first time BC played the #1 team in the country and didn't lose. BC was 0-16-0 going into this game against top-ranked teams.
                            Well, that's a cheery stat for sure. "Yeah! We didn't lose!"
                            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

I'm sure the officiating will be improved today by changing which refs are paired together.

Comment

The good news for bc is that they have put 5 shots on goal so far in the first period. The bad news is that they have given 13 shots so far and are down 2-0.

Check that make it 3-0. WisconSIN with the PP goal late in the period. And that's the way it ends...3-0 for the sinners. Shots, I think, are 16-7 but I'm not sure...This game may be heading towards running time.
                                Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-30-2019, 01:34 PM.
                                At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Working...
                                X