2019-20 D1 Scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

End of the 2nd. More lopsided play but only a 1-0 deficit for Harvard. Harvard, I believe, has 4 shots in the game.
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Wisconsin 1, Harvard 0 after two. Shots are now 38-4, and I think they missed some for the Badgers. Small sample size warning, but so far, other than Reed, Harvard is easily the worst team I've watched this year.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
        End of the 2nd. More lopsided play but only a 1-0 deficit for Harvard. Harvard, I believe, has 4 shots in the game.
        They're all the way up to 5 now. Reed is the only reason why Harvard is still in this one.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
          In other words, your definition of "when it counted" is when she doesn't make a save, and it doesn't count when she makes a sequence of very nice ones. Aside from which, there was plenty of blame to go around on both of those goals.
          The first shorthanded goal should have been saved but you could forgive that one. The second, that was a bad and you know it.

I really am just at a difference place than you with SS so we are going to disagree on that. I thought the overall game by Minnesota was pretty darn good and they really were playing well in the 3rd period and OT.

Comment

A bit more jump in their step this period, even a couple of chances, but they still look to be on one long, long PK. At one point it looked like a 6x4 when a white shirt fed the Badgers right in front of Reed.

Comment

Harvard scores on, I believe, their 8th shot or maybe 9th. 2-1 now.
              Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-29-2019, 06:28 PM.

Comment

WisconSIN answers back and regains the 2 goal lead.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                  Harvard scores on, I beleive their 8th shot or maybe 9th. 2-1 now.
                  Seventh, though Campbell really deserves an assist on it for letting it bounce off her chest while standing upright, and the Wisconsin defense another for neither clearing the puck or marking #11.

Honestly, I don't even think Wisconsin has played that well. They've never really gotten their forecheck going and pinned Harvard in their zone for extended periods of time. They haven't generated the kind of quality scoring chances you'd expect from this kind of dominance.

The story of this game is that the Badgers are competent and work hard, while Harvard can't skate, can't string together multiple passes together, can't keep Wisconsin from just taking the puck off their sticks. At one point in the second, they created a 3-on-1 break by tripping a Wisconsin defenseman, and came nowhere close to getting a shot.

That third goal by Watts was a nice play, though.

Comment

That third goal by Watts was a nice play, though.
                    That we can agree on.

The Sinners just added a fourth...

Comment

Wisconsin goes up 4-1. Nice rush by Pettet, but it came about because the Harvard defenseman whiffed on a puck coming back to her at the point.

And, I will finally agree with Robert on something. Roque just got called for checking on a play where Harvard #19 tried to cross-check her in the back and fell down. I'm not sure Roque even realized she was there.

Comment

The final is 5-1, which almost describes the actual game. Final shots were 55-14, though I'm not sure where five of those Harvard shots came from.

Comment

5-1 final. Harvard just eventually wore down.

And they get to face another team with speed and depth tomorrow. Ditto for bc
                          Last edited by FiveHoleFrenzy; 11-29-2019, 06:38 PM.

Comment

Wisconsin goes up 4-1. Nice rush by Pettet, but it came about because the Harvard defenseman whiffed on a puck coming back to her at the point
                            The one thing you don't want to do to your goalie, down 3-1 instead of 8-1, is to gift wrap a rush. And I'm glad you clarified the Roque penalty, because that occasioned the one word I head all afternoon from the Livebarn feed, and it was a fitting one: "horrible"

Also, one's team may have deserved a throttling, but no fan deserves to watch a game without a clock. Horrible.
                            Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-29-2019, 07:02 PM.

Comment

• Maine 6-1 over Dartmouth

Comment

The officiating is so bad, Harvard just got penalized five yards for illegal procedure.
                                It was impossible at home to tell what was going on with the penalties, given the camera work and the lack of play-by-play, but at one point in the first game you could see a ref talking to the players on the BC bench and then turning back to the game just in time to see the puck being dropped for a face-off on the other side of the ice. The only perfect camera angle all day.
                                Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 11-29-2019, 09:48 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X