Clear All

• Re: 2019-20 D1 Scores

Originally posted by ARM View Post
    She didn't get any help from her PK.
    Tell me again what a PK is.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
      What is the bigger surprise BU winning 6-2 or BC losing 3-0. Thoughts.
      I would have to say the former also. Harvard was undefeated, with a decisive 6-2 win over No. 8 Princeton 11 days ago.

Coming into their game against the Eagles Northeastern was 10-1 (including a sweep against BU) and ranked ahead of BC (No. 4 vs. No. 6). One could even argue that Northeastern was actually the favorite over BC.
      Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
        Tell me again what a PK is.
        Penalty kill.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          One could even argue that Northeastern was actually the favorite over BC.
          Would anyone NOT argue this? They were ahead in PWR, RPI, KRACH, USCHO poll, SBNWH poll, and the only ranking that matters -- GRaNT. haha

The game was WAY closer than the 3-0 score, though. Coming into the game (really into the season) I thought NU was a tier above BC, but BC at worst skated with NU and honestly looked the better team for most of the game.

By the way, Frankel was out of her mind today; I hope there are some highlights put up at some point.
          Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
          Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
          Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
            Would anyone NOT argue this? They were ahead in PWR, RPI, KRACH, USCHO poll, SBNWH poll, and the only ranking that matters -- GRaNT. haha

The game was WAY closer than the 3-0 score, though. Coming into the game (really into the season) I thought NU was a tier above BC, but BC at worst skated with NU and honestly looked the better team for most of the game.

By the way, Frankel was out of her mind today; I hope there are some highlights put up at some point.
            But, Providence has taken 4 out of last 5 from Northeastern, clearly that says to me, that Northeastern is not a tier above.

The real issue for BC and Harvard is goaltending IMHO. Cornell took Browning as an afterthought and she is outplaying both more heralded goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
              Penalty kill.
              Thanks . . . it's just that I didn't recognize one last night, and apparently there were four! Maybe next game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                But, Providence has taken 4 out of last 5 from Northeastern, clearly that says to me, that Northeastern is not a tier above.
                We're using last year's results to talk about this year's teams? Lol
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  We're using last year's results to talk about this year's teams? Lol
                  A team having another team's number can never be quantified.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
                    A team having another team's number can never be quantified.
                    Once you've taken their numbers, it's hard for them to quantify anything.

Comment

Scoreless in Mankato after one. Minnesota State has a 14-11 advantage in shots against the Beavers.

Edit: Spoke too soon, Bemidji's Lydia Passolt lights the lamp 50 seconds into the 2nd.

Comment

BC loses to UConn for the second time this month, 2-1. The Eagles had a 20-2 advantage in shots in the 3rd, but the Huskies scored the only goal.
                        "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                        And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

UCONN knocks off BC and cements their claim to the best team in Connecticut and maybe the 10 spot.

Comment

UMD 0, Minnesota 0 after a period.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
                              UMD 0, Minnesota 0 after a period.
                              Thoughts on Minnesota's play? Seemed like a slow start to me watching on the stream. Should have been an elbowing penalty on the play where Sarah Potomak was down on the ice. Thankfully she is not hurt as she returned to action later.
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                Thoughts on Minnesota's play? Seemed like a slow start to me watching on the stream. Should have been an elbowing penalty on the play where Sarah Potomak was down on the ice. Thankfully she is not hurt as she returned to action later.
                                UMD holds a 15-10 edge in shots which I thought was pretty indicative of the overall play. There were several dangerous scrambles in front of the Gophers' net but Scobee has been up to the task.

Comment

Working...
                                X