2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

The UCHC is going to a division format and expanding the playoffs by 2 teams:

https://theuchc.com/news/2019/10/18/...n-2019-20.aspx

The new divisional format will split teams up into two divisions. The South division will feature Alvernia, Chatham, Lebanon Valley, Stevenson, Neumann, and Manhattanville. The North division will contain Utica, Elmira, Nazareth, William Smith, Wilkes, and King’s. Teams will play a UCHC home-and-home series with each team in their division, and will play a single UCHC game against teams from the opposite division.

The top four teams in each division will qualify for the UCHC Women’s Championship tournament.

Comment

There is another thread on this topic...
      The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
      "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
      GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
      GO LAKERS!!!
      GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
      "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
      Oswego State '09

Comment

So with the first exhibition/scrimmages being played this past weekend...any comments? Results?

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDad31 View Post
          So with the first exhibition/scrimmages being played this past weekend...any comments? Results?

I can't info on every team but here's what I have:

Chatham took on Tier 1 club Pittsburgh Penguins Elite on Saturday and lost 7-0 (per the PPE club website). Coach O'Grady, not referencing the game would go onto tweet about how great it was to see the players implementing his teaching.

Saturday, Oswego took on the reigning PWHL champion London Jr. Devilettes squad and got beat 4-0. They were down 1-0 heading into the third but got broken down and gave up 3 in the final frame.

On Sunday, Elmira beat the Devilettes 2-0 on goals from sophomore Heath and freshman Edgington.

Utica took a foreign trip up to Canada to get in an extended preseason Columbus Day Weekend. They played the London Jr. Devilettes on 10/12 and lost 5-4 in OT. They played the Bluewater Hawks the next day and won 4-2. Then on Columbus Day they visited the Toronto-Leaside Jr. Wildcats and there's no result I can find for the game. Their next exhibition is Friday against Cortland.

Stevenson scrimmaged against an alumni team but didn't announce a result, as typical with scrimmages. I don't see one for the Eau Claire/River Falls one from this weekend either...

A lot of teams aren't even doing exhibitions until this weekend or 11/1.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post

Chatham took on Tier 1 club Pittsburgh Penguins Elite on Saturday and lost 7-0 (per the PPE club website). Coach O'Grady, not referencing the game would go onto tweet about how great it was to see the players implementing his teaching.

Saturday, Oswego took on the reigning PWHL champion London Jr. Devilettes squad and got beat 4-0. They were down 1-0 heading into the third but got broken down and gave up 3 in the final frame.

On Sunday, Elmira beat the Devilettes 2-0 on goals from sophomore Heath and freshman Edgington.

Utica took a foreign trip up to Canada to get in an extended preseason Columbus Day Weekend. They played the London Jr. Devilettes on 10/12 and lost 5-4 in OT. They played the Bluewater Hawks the next day and won 4-2. Then on Columbus Day they visited the Toronto-Leaside Jr. Wildcats and there's no result I can find for the game. Their next exhibition is Friday against Cortland.

Stevenson scrimmaged against an alumni team but didn't announce a result, as typical with scrimmages. I don't see one for the Eau Claire/River Falls one from this weekend either...

Per Stevenson's Instagram story, the current team beat the Alums 5-1. Also, the new coach (who played with the Alums) was stoned in 3 attempts at a shootout.

Comment

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
              Per Stevenson's Instagram story, the current team beat the Alums 5-1. Also, the new coach (who played with the Alums) was stoned in 3 attempts at a shootout.
              I missed their IG stories...so many sources these days

I wonder what it would look like if my alma mater had their current roster play the alumni. Looking at the alumni who showed up to play each other during Alumni Weekend it would be more rigorous a preseason game than any PWHL squad. Camille Leonard and a bunch of the best blueliners of the past few years were there, I wouldn't envy the current ladies trying to score on them.
              Last edited by Scott_TG; 10-22-2019, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Norwich over st. Anslem 5-0

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
                  For D3, 25. And you are limited to I think two exhibitions.

There are exceptions. Foreign trips, which are allowed once every four years, don't count towards the limit nor towards the dates of the season. Oswego men went to Italy this past summer.

(And in D1, certain special tournaments and games against Alaska schools don't count towards your limit.)
                  Jaslow the one stop shop for info. That is great information.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyDad31 View Post
                    Norwich over st. Anslem 5-0
                    Not only did Norwich beat a team they lost to 2-1 last year, the way they won is quite a message to the league as well. Two points from their star forward, two freshmen with two points and three points from a sophomore who had one point in all of last season. They're going to be dangerous offensively this year.

I saw there was a boarding misconduct by a St. Anselm player late in the 3rd. Hoping whichever Cadet was on the receiving end of it is ok...

Comment

Well, not to brag, but this would seem to prove my point made some time ago, that a good AAA U16 team would beat most of the D3 bottom-dwellers [and a fair number of the now watered-down average teams too].

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                        Well, not to brag, but this would seem to prove my point made some time ago, that a good AAA U16 team would beat most of the D3 bottom-dwellers [and a fair number of the now watered-down average teams too].
                        Personally I dont put too much faith in preseason games against tier 1 Junior teams. I think you have to realize that the club team has been playing and practicing together for months and the D3 team has been on the ice for 1 to 2 weeks. Secondly, the club teams may have 1 or 2 top d1 future players. I would suggest that maybe save a few of the bottom D1 and D3 teams, come Christmas time, a Tier 1 Jr team would lose against most college teams.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossCheck View Post
                          These are U19 teams not U16.

I'm pretty astounded Oswego did so poorly. They have players from reputable programs...
                          Last edited by Scott_TG; 10-24-2019, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Not only did Norwich beat a team they lost to 2-1 last year, the way they won is quite a message to the league as well. Two points from their star forward, two freshmen with two points and three points from a sophomore who had one point in all of last season. They're going to be dangerous offensively this year.

I saw there was a boarding misconduct by a St. Anselm player late in the 3rd. Hoping whichever Cadet was on the receiving end of it is ok...
                            First seven minutes were a little hairy, but after that Norwich looked really strong. Good to see some freshmen step up and get on the scoresheet, as well as have a sophomore score who didn't see a whole lot of playing time last year and when they did, really didn't factor into the scoresheet.

Good start to the new coaching regime even with it only being an exhibition.
                            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

Stevenson posted a video of their new HC mic'ed up for her first practice

https://www.youtube.com/GAzMwaBxf_k
                              Last edited by Scott_TG; 10-25-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Scott_TG;6856656]These are U19 teams not U16.

Understood...but there is little difference between U16 and U19 in most programs. In fact, in many programs, the U16 team is better. The only measurable difference is probably conditioning.

Comment

Working...
                                X