2019-20 D-III games / scores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    Good teams learn how to win "trap" games.
    I think more a case of a hot goalie. Did you see the shots?! A trap is about reducing the number of shot opportunities by making it very difficult to enter and set up in the trapping team's zone. That obviously didn't happen here. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
      I think more a case of a hot goalie. Did you see the shots?! A trap is about reducing the number of shot opportunities by making it very difficult to enter and set up in the trapping team's zone. That obviously didn't happen here. Lol
      The packed it in though. Most shots were from the perimeter.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by Birdwatcher View Post
        The packed it in though. Most shots were from the perimeter.
        That's not a trap either. Traps are set in the neutral zone to force the attackers wide and "trap" them to the outside of your zone. What you're describing is a shooting gallery with everyone trying to play goalie and getting hit by shots (I don't call that blocking shots when you're simply a moving target when the opponent owns your zone). The only trap was Potsdam being trapped in their own zone for 95% of the game. Lol

Comment

Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

Originally posted by mnwis View Post
          The game is archived...you can go watch it for free..just did myself...scroll forward to the last min
          It says I need a password
          UWS Ladyjackets

NCHA League Champions: 2001, 2004, 2007, 2008
          NCHA Tournament Champs: 2008
          Frozen Four Participants: 2008

Comment

When people refer to a trap game, that aren't talking about strategy, but rather a team getting trapped into a poor, possibly losing performance by discounting their opposition.
            2007-2008 ECAC East/NESCAC Interlock Pick 'em winner
            2007-2008 Last Person Standing Winner,
            2013-2014 Last Person Standing Winner (tie)
            2016-2017 Last Person Standing Winner

Comment

Originally posted by NUProf View Post
              When people refer to a trap game, that aren't talking about strategy, but rather a team getting trapped into a poor, possibly losing performance by discounting their opposition.
              Correct. And that is what happened. The Bears packed it in but Plattsburgh found away to wear them down in OT. I believe they went to Potsdam thinking they could just go through the motions and almost fell into the trap.

"FEAR THE BIRD!"

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                It says I need a password
                You know, when I rewatched it, it didn't ask for a password...but, I see that now it does...
                Go figure

Comment

LVC 0 @ Stevenson 5
                  Nazareth 7 @ Wilkes 0
                  UNE 1 @ Nichols 1
                  NEC 0 @ Norwich 8 ( 4 players w/ 3 pts)
                  UMB 2 @ USM 4
                  Finlandia 3 @ Aurora 6 (HT for Marisa Trevino)
                  JWU 0 @ Trinity 5 (JWU w/ 10 skaters)
                  Castleton 3 @ Plymouth State 1
                  Suffolk 1 @ Salem State 1
                  Adrian 10 @ Marian 0 (HT for White in a 6 goal 3rd pd)
                  Wesleyan 3 @ Bowdoin 4 (OT)
                  Hamilton 3 @ Amherst 2 (Hamilton with 3 straight to come back 2-0)
                  Middlebury 3 @ Conn College 0
                  Williams 1 @ Colby 2 (Colby scored GWG with < 30 seconds left in 3rd)
                  Chatham 5 @ Alvernia 3
                  Utica 11 @ King's 2 (HT for Rylott in 6 goal 3rd)
                  Neumann 1 @ Manhattanville 5
                  Endicott 4 @ Becker 3 (OT)
                  Hamline 6 @ Augsburg 0
                  Concordia (MN) 3 @ St. Mary's 4
                  Trine 1 @ Concordia (WI) 3
                  CSS 5 @ Lake Forest 6
                  OP-Ed 3 @ Northland 0
                  UW-Stevens Point 0 @ UW-River Falls 5
                  St. Olaf 1 @ St. Thomas 8

Comment

Upset watch: Naz up 3-1 on Elmira with less than 3 minutes left.

EDIT: Nazareth withstands the extra attacker to finish the 3-1 win. Naz also ahead in shots 34-31. Biggest win in program history so far. Nazareth hosts William Smith tomorrow.
                    Last edited by Scott_TG; 11-22-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

I noticed that St. Olaf picked up two recruits from the Tier 1 Philadelphia Jr Flyers for next year. There only seems to be 4 players from places east of Illinois in the entire MIAC this season so it's a bit unusual.

I wonder how many more eastern players Coach Johnson was recruiting for Stevenson will be willing to follow her out west...

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_TG View Post
                        Upset watch: Naz up 3-1 on Elmira with less than 3 minutes left.

EDIT: Nazareth withstands the extra attacker to finish the 3-1 win. Naz also ahead in shots 34-31. Biggest win in program history so far. Nazareth hosts William Smith tomorrow.
                        I was about a year early in saying this:

Originally posted by DDad16 View Post
                        I've seen this Nazareth team play... They have speed and are relentless on the puck. Very well coached and all of the players have bought in to the system. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they take one from Elmira.

Comment

Some good cross region match-ups today and everyone in here is quiet! A treat we haven't had in a long time. Its nice to see the schools out there traveling.

Elmira vs Eau Claire for the Lake Forest Invite Championship.
                          Eau Claire has looked pretty solid this year, thus far. There only loss being a tight 1-0 loss to Gustavus, who seems to be returning to form, on the road. Maybe some concerns swirling around Elmira with that big loss to Nazareth last weekend. I'm gonna go with the "home" team in a close battle. UWEC 3 Elmira 2 Link to live stream: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/lfc/

Then you've got the Panther/Cardinal Classic with two Western teams on the invite list, with River Falls taking Elmira's spot from last few years. Did Elmira not want to participate this year and instead chose to go to Lake Forest or did Midd/Platty kick them out? :P

First up you've got Adrian @ Middlebury
                          Adrian is undefeated on the year, granted they haven't been tested too harshly (what's going on with Hamline?) and Middlebury's just getting started. I'm gonna be the homer that I am and say Adrian wins this one 4-1.

Then River Falls vs Plattsburgh is a huge game for so early in the season. Very likely two NCAA teams and potential final 4 teams. River Falls only blemish on the year is a loss to Eau Claire and Plattsburgh has cruised its way through its cupcake schedule so far. As much as I want to pick River Falls to win this one...its hard to vote against the defending champs. But it will be nice to see how they perform against a quality team with a solid goalie. I'll go Plattsburgh 2 River Falls 1

Link to webcast of Panther/Cardinal Classic games: https://www.nsnsports.net/colleges/middlebury/
                          Live stats: https://athletics.middlebury.edu/spo...91130_xnsa.xml
                          UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

UWEC 1 Elmira 0 after 1
                            UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Originally posted by gojackets View Post
                              UWEC 1 Elmira 0 after 1
                              UWEC 2 Elmira 0 after 2. Lots of penalties in this game. The majority of the 2nd period was played on special teams.
                              UWS Ladyjackets

Comment

Adrian 1, Midd 0 after 2. Middlebury looks better offensively but goalie Jandova and blue liner O'Sullivan showing why they're All-Americans.

Speaking of All-Americans, Adrian dressed 3 goalies but 2018 second team All-American Kate Turner is not one of them... curious situation

Comment

Working...
                                X