Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 83

Thread: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,928

    2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Does anyone know what teams will launch the new season (who plays the first game of the year)?

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Does anyone know what teams will launch the new season (who plays the first game of the year)?
    Are you counting scrimmage / exhibition games?

  3. #3
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    21,848

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    Does anyone know what teams will launch the new season (who plays the first game of the year)?
    https://www.collegehockeystats.net/1920/schedules/d3w

    Not a lot of momentum in adding schedules thus far.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Fairbnks, AK
    Posts
    148

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Aren't we still about a month out for DIII?

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Plattsburgh, NY
    Posts
    2,951
    Quote Originally Posted by agfire View Post
    Aren't we still about a month out for DIII?
    4 weeks anyway.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdwatcher View Post
    4 weeks anyway.
    DIII teams have to practice at least 5 times with a coach before they are permitted to have any type of game: even exhibition or scrimmages. Since Monday October 14th is the first day coaches are allowed on the ice, That means the 19th would be the earliest someone can play (unless you want to get creative and do a few two-a-days but I doubt that would happen at this level).

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Happy first day of practice! (Except the NESCAC)

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    DIII teams have to practice at least 5 times with a coach before they are permitted to have any type of game: even exhibition or scrimmages. Since Monday October 14th is the first day coaches are allowed on the ice, That means the 19th would be the earliest someone can play (unless you want to get creative and do a few two-a-days but I doubt that would happen at this level).
    D3 rules state you can't start the season till November unless the last weekend of October is on a weekend (technically, they count back x number of weeks from when the championship weekend is). Exhibitions and scrimmages can happen sooner. I think I got that right. But close enough.

    You can't start regular games five days after you practice just because you started practice at the earliest allowed date.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    376

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Russell Jaslow View Post
    D3 rules state you can't start the season till November unless the last weekend of October is on a weekend (technically, they count back x number of weeks from when the championship weekend is). Exhibitions and scrimmages can happen sooner. I think I got that right. But close enough.

    You can't start regular games five days after you practice just because you started practice at the earliest allowed date.

    You're right on the regular season game timing. However, even exhibition/scrimmages can't start before the team has been on the ice at least 5 times with coaches - regardless of dates.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    81

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    You're right on the regular season game timing. However, even exhibition/scrimmages can't start before the team has been on the ice at least 5 times with coaches - regardless of dates.
    Interesting, because Eau Claire and River Falls have a scrimmage scheduled for Friday. I'm sure they would never do that without the proper respect for the rules.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Canada EH!
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by MND3Dad View Post
    Interesting, because Eau Claire and River Falls have a scrimmage scheduled for Friday. I'm sure they would never do that without the proper respect for the rules.
    They can have 2 practices in one day..... I know some schools played this weekend (Morrisville) but had to ask for permission - which was granted.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    81

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    You guys are expert and my memory fails me.

    What's the maximum number of games these teams can schedule again?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by GTOWN View Post
    You're right on the regular season game timing. However, even exhibition/scrimmages can't start before the team has been on the ice at least 5 times with coaches - regardless of dates.
    Correct.
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Rochester, NY USA
    Posts
    5,897

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by MND3Dad View Post
    You guys are expert and my memory fails me.

    What's the maximum number of games these teams can schedule again?
    For D3, 25. And you are limited to I think two exhibitions.

    There are exceptions. Foreign trips, which are allowed once every four years, don't count towards the limit nor towards the dates of the season. Oswego men went to Italy this past summer.

    (And in D1, certain special tournaments and games against Alaska schools don't count towards your limit.)
    Russell Jaslow
    [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
    U.S. College Hockey Online

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    673

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    The acclimatization period is 5 days, not practices. You cannot run 3 practices at 60 minutes each and say, "Well that's three. Just not need two more before we can play."

    Its 5 practices conducted on separate dates, prior to participation in any "outside" competition. An on-ice practice conducted on the same date as a regular contest, preseason scrimmage, exhibition game or joint practice is countable toward the five-day acclimatization period.

    So if UWRF and UWEC have practiced M-F from 12-2pm...they can scrimmage later that night on Friday the 18th.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    The UCHC is going to a division format and expanding the playoffs by 2 teams:


    https://theuchc.com/news/2019/10/18/...n-2019-20.aspx

    The new divisional format will split teams up into two divisions. The South division will feature Alvernia, Chatham, Lebanon Valley, Stevenson, Neumann, and Manhattanville. The North division will contain Utica, Elmira, Nazareth, William Smith, Wilkes, and King’s. Teams will play a UCHC home-and-home series with each team in their division, and will play a single UCHC game against teams from the opposite division.

    The top four teams in each division will qualify for the UCHC Women’s Championship tournament.

  17. #17
    Proud supporter of Osmirwich hockey
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Northfield, VT
    Posts
    16,461
    There is another thread on this topic...

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    15

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    So with the first exhibition/scrimmages being played this past weekend...any comments? Results?

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,310

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyDad31 View Post
    So with the first exhibition/scrimmages being played this past weekend...any comments? Results?

    I can't info on every team but here's what I have:

    Chatham took on Tier 1 club Pittsburgh Penguins Elite on Saturday and lost 7-0 (per the PPE club website). Coach O'Grady, not referencing the game would go onto tweet about how great it was to see the players implementing his teaching.

    Saturday, Oswego took on the reigning PWHL champion London Jr. Devilettes squad and got beat 4-0. They were down 1-0 heading into the third but got broken down and gave up 3 in the final frame.

    On Sunday, Elmira beat the Devilettes 2-0 on goals from sophomore Heath and freshman Edgington.

    Utica took a foreign trip up to Canada to get in an extended preseason Columbus Day Weekend. They played the London Jr. Devilettes on 10/12 and lost 5-4 in OT. They played the Bluewater Hawks the next day and won 4-2. Then on Columbus Day they visited the Toronto-Leaside Jr. Wildcats and there's no result I can find for the game. Their next exhibition is Friday against Cortland.

    Stevenson scrimmaged against an alumni team but didn't announce a result, as typical with scrimmages. I don't see one for the Eau Claire/River Falls one from this weekend either...

    A lot of teams aren't even doing exhibitions until this weekend or 11/1.

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    137

    Re: 2019-20 D-III games / scores

    Quote Originally Posted by Scott_TG View Post
    I can't info on every team but here's what I have:

    Chatham took on Tier 1 club Pittsburgh Penguins Elite on Saturday and lost 7-0 (per the PPE club website). Coach O'Grady, not referencing the game would go onto tweet about how great it was to see the players implementing his teaching.

    Saturday, Oswego took on the reigning PWHL champion London Jr. Devilettes squad and got beat 4-0. They were down 1-0 heading into the third but got broken down and gave up 3 in the final frame.

    On Sunday, Elmira beat the Devilettes 2-0 on goals from sophomore Heath and freshman Edgington.

    Utica took a foreign trip up to Canada to get in an extended preseason Columbus Day Weekend. They played the London Jr. Devilettes on 10/12 and lost 5-4 in OT. They played the Bluewater Hawks the next day and won 4-2. Then on Columbus Day they visited the Toronto-Leaside Jr. Wildcats and there's no result I can find for the game. Their next exhibition is Friday against Cortland.

    Stevenson scrimmaged against an alumni team but didn't announce a result, as typical with scrimmages. I don't see one for the Eau Claire/River Falls one from this weekend either...

    A lot of teams aren't even doing exhibitions until this weekend or 11/1.
    Per Stevenson's Instagram story, the current team beat the Alums 5-1. Also, the new coach (who played with the Alums) was stoned in 3 attempts at a shootout.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •