Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    I can't remember that they were that bad when we played them last year. I saw what the Gopher fans were complaining about last year. Very chippy, and at the end of the game very goonish. And Johnny Walker is a big crybaby.

I had a drink of my Johnny Walker Blue last night celebrating the sweep.
    Agreed. I didn’t see it last year against us, but I did see it down in Omaha, and I heard about it from Tech, UAF, and the Gophers, so no big surprise. Still, way outside of anything I’ve seen in several years.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    It hasn’t shown up on the scoresheet (Yet!), but I think Spooner is looking terrific. He was a big “out of nowhere” star at the Pens’ development camp, and the confidence he must have taken from that is showing in his game. Love his 200’ game.
    Looking forward to this weekend. A good measuring stick for both teams, and great revenue for our program!
    Coached the Spoonman for a couple summers when he was a squirt and played with my daughter. His dad is a hoot

Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Spooner has really developed into a fantastic two way player. Love his game.

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Spooner has really developed into a fantastic two way player. Love his game.
    Good to hear. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Until Michaelis went off the ice holding his arm like a shoulder or collar bone injury. Arizona State is a goon squad.
    Anyone heard anything regarding how bad this might have been?

Watch out for the bull!

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    Anyone heard anything regarding how bad this might have been?
    Apparently, he is just fine. Great weekend. I'll take a tie and a win against NoDak any time.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Very good weekend. watching those games you can see why teams from that conference end up being harder to beat come tournament time. If every weekend you're having to grind out wins like that it only helps to build your confidence and holding leads and finishing out games.
    Last edited by MavsFan19; 10-20-2019 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan19 View Post
    Very good weekend. watching those games you can see why teams from that conference end up being harder to beat come tournament time. If every weekend you're having to grind out wins like that it only helps to build your confidence and holding weeds and finishing out games.
    I assume you meant “leads” but we all celebrate in our own way!

Good performance from your Mavs this weekend...at least what I could tell from the radio. Good luck the rest of the way, and here's to these two squads meeting at some point down the road this season in late March/early April.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
    Good performance from your Mavs this weekend...at least what I could tell from the radio. Good luck the rest of the way, and here's to these two squads meeting at some point down the road this season in late March/early April.
    It was quality hockey. For the Sioux, I thought JBD was as good as advertised. Pinto will also be outstanding. And as a Sioux City Musketeers fan, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much Keane has improved. With a little more offense from Mismash and Kawaguchi, I think you’ll have a very good team.

Despite the outcome, had a great time in Mankato. First time being there as I never got around visiting during the WCHA days. Every Mav fan I talked was really nice and loved talking hockey.

I do hope Mankato gets to join the NCHC somewhere down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post
    Despite the outcome, had a great time in Mankato. First time being there as I never got around visiting during the WCHA days. Every Mav fan I talked was really nice and loved talking hockey.

I hope they do too. Like I have stated before I always looked forward to any series with the Mavs back in the old WCHA days. Best team in the state currently and wish nothing but the best the rest of the way

Quote Originally Posted by SiouxFanatic View Post

It’s nothing against the WCHA. It’s been a lot of fun, and the BGSU rivalry is great. It’s just the travel, and that the NCHC has more natural rivalries. The good news is we’ve been able to play ND, UNO, SCSU and UMD multiple times since the realignment

what

I was wondering what happened to Brendan Furry as I thought he was coming in this year and found this.
    https://www.neutralzone.net/mens/201...nnesota-state/

Did he age out of juniors? I didn't see him on a junior roster this year. Is he taking classes? Anyone have any information?

Apparently I answered one of my own questions when I looked up his age!
    Last edited by crossjcek; 10-23-2019 at 09:37 PM.

Any win is a good win, and last night was no different. UAH was a better skating team than I thought. A huge number of shots, but if their goalie saw it, he stopped it. Credit to our guys for playing hard around the net. Our 5 goals traveled about a total of 8 feet.

Should be interesting tonight.

Massive weekend for the Mavs. Hope the crowds are strong — Friday Mankato West plays to go to state in football I see, but game is out of town — not sure how that’ll effect attendance.

Regardless, a sweep this weekend would help get the Mavs in a position to host throughout the playoffs again next spring. Sure, it’s early, but BGSU is likely the only team with a shot to truly compete for the MacNaughton.

I should also mention, I got tickets for the Saturday MSU at UMD game at the athletics office — was able to avoid Ticketmaster fees that way.

C. J. Suess just got called up to Winnepeg

Roll along you BG Warriors!

Soooooo I think the takeaway from last night's game for all parties concerned is never find yourself up 2-0 'cause you're team is gonna lose 3-2 in OT.
    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 11-02-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Soooooo I think the takeaway from last night's game for all parties concerned is never find yourself up 2-0 'cause you're team is gonna lose 3-2 in OT.
    It’s the old NHL maxim about “First one to 3 wins.” It just takes us more than 60 minutes to get there.

Thread Information