Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 71

Thread: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

  1. #41
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,645
    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    Soooooo I think the takeaway from last night's game for all parties concerned is never find yourself up 2-0 'cause you're team is gonna lose 3-2 in OT.
    Iím hopefully Friday was a good wake up call for the Mavs. After the first ten minutes, BGSU out worked the Mavs and ultimately were rewarded in OT.

    Good bounce back Saturday.

  2. #42
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Iím hopefully Friday was a good wake up call for the Mavs. After the first ten minutes, BGSU out worked the Mavs and ultimately were rewarded in OT.

    Good bounce back Saturday.
    Agreed on the good bounceback. One interesting thing Saturday - Don't recall seeing Sowder at all in the 3rd period. Injury, or just the case of a less physical freshman maybe not being fully ready for a BGSU-MSU series?

  3. #43
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mankato
    Posts
    440

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Off to Houghton.

    GO MAVS!

  4. #44
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    705

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    MSU and Tech. Wow. Very conflicted over who to pull for this weekend. Sure do need you guys to drop some games but Tech is the closest thing we have to a rival in this league, there so there's that. I know where I'll be tuning Flo this weekend.

    FWIW, out of 42 current entries in the WCHA Pick 'Em contest this week, MSU is picked to win 36-6 on Friday and 36-6 on Saturday. Three contestants are picking a Tech sweep. 33 contestants are picking a MSU sweep.

  5. #45
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    Off to Houghton.

    GO MAVS!
    Enjoy your trip! Bring home some points!

  6. #46
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post
    MSU and Tech. Wow. Very conflicted over who to pull for this weekend. Sure do need you guys to drop some games but Tech is the closest thing we have to a rival in this league, there so there's that. I know where I'll be tuning Flo this weekend.

    FWIW, out of 42 current entries in the WCHA Pick 'Em contest this week, MSU is picked to win 36-6 on Friday and 36-6 on Saturday. Three contestants are picking a Tech sweep. 33 contestants are picking a MSU sweep.
    I admire the optimism of those hoping for a road sweep, but we're 4-4-3 at Tech in the Hastings era, and the only sweep came in 14-15, when the two teams were playing as well as anyone in the country. I don't think we've scored more than 3 goals at Tech in that time, so expect more nail-biting this weekend.

  7. #47
    Still upright
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    40.7829N, w 073.9659
    Posts
    6,913

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I admire the optimism of those hoping for a road sweep, but we're 4-4-3 at Tech in the Hastings era, and the only sweep came in 14-15, when the two teams were playing as well as anyone in the country. I don't think we've scored more than 3 goals at Tech in that time, so expect more nail-biting this weekend.
    I don't think you need to worry.
    MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

    It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

  8. #48
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,645
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    I admire the optimism of those hoping for a road sweep, but we're 4-4-3 at Tech in the Hastings era, and the only sweep came in 14-15, when the two teams were playing as well as anyone in the country. I don't think we've scored more than 3 goals at Tech in that time, so expect more nail-biting this weekend.
    The focus should be there from puck drop on Friday night, thanks to the egg last Friday.

    2 road wins would be huge here, need to get the train rolling in the right direction again.

  9. #49
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,645

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Good sweep on the road this weekend, good to see them win a couple of tight checking games.

  10. #50
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mankato
    Posts
    440

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Enjoy your trip! Bring home some points!
    And as you have probably heard, we even had room in the card for them.

  11. #51
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Mankato
    Posts
    440

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    I should always make that trip. My record at Michigan Tech is now 4-0.

  12. #52
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwearpurple View Post
    I should always make that trip. My record at Michigan Tech is now 4-0.
    With that kind of a record, the school should pay you to go!

  13. #53
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Back in action, and at home to boot! Looking forward to a good series. UAA got whipped in their first game of the season, but they have been competitive in every game since then. They've been a bit of a surprise so far.

    If everyone is healthy, it will be interesting to see what the lines will be. Should be fun!

  14. #54
    Roll along you BG Warriors!
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    705

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    UAA got whipped in their first game of the season, but they have been competitive in every game since then.
    We just finished our 2-game set up there this past weekend; I miraculously stayed awake for both and they were a lot closer than the score would indicate. UAA is more than good enough to steal one if you're not looking.
    Last edited by TalonsUpPuckDown; 11-21-2019 at 07:22 AM.

  15. #55
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    59

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Hi Everyone,
    Fellow alum here Ė I currently live in the southwest corner of the twin cities and usually make it down to a game or two every year. The drive is fairly short to Mankato, really is just above an hour.

    This year, Iíd like to take my son (5 years old, his first hockey game) to a maverick hockey game in Mankato, hoping to go to one of the games either on this coming Saturday (11/23) or on 12/7. Iím not sure if it will just be me and my son, or my wife too. So we are still deciding between 2 or 3 tickets.

    I wanted to ask an open question to those on this thread, are there any season ticket holders planning on not using their tickets and are interested in selling them to me for either of these games? Yes, there are tickets available via ticketmaster but I was hoping for something more in the 200 level. I thought maybe there are some season ticket holders out there who are looking to unload one of their upcoming games. If you are interesting in helping me out, feel free to message me and we can work out a deal: brandon05mn@gmail.com

    I didnít see too many other ticket sale/exchange time conversations here on this forum, but I donít see any other place for it. If searching for tickets is against the rules, just let me know, Iíll take the post down.

    Thank you, go Mavericks! Ole Ole Ole
    -Brandon

  16. #56
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,645
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Back in action, and at home to boot! Looking forward to a good series. UAA got whipped in their first game of the season, but they have been competitive in every game since then. They've been a bit of a surprise so far.

    If everyone is healthy, it will be interesting to see what the lines will be. Should be fun!
    No matter what happens, and this is quite obvious, but this is 100% a must sweep series.

  17. #57
    what
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    368

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by maverick2009 View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    Fellow alum here Ė I currently live in the southwest corner of the twin cities and usually make it down to a game or two every year. The drive is fairly short to Mankato, really is just above an hour.

    This year, Iíd like to take my son (5 years old, his first hockey game) to a maverick hockey game in Mankato, hoping to go to one of the games either on this coming Saturday (11/23) or on 12/7. Iím not sure if it will just be me and my son, or my wife too. So we are still deciding between 2 or 3 tickets.

    I wanted to ask an open question to those on this thread, are there any season ticket holders planning on not using their tickets and are interested in selling them to me for either of these games? Yes, there are tickets available via ticketmaster but I was hoping for something more in the 200 level. I thought maybe there are some season ticket holders out there who are looking to unload one of their upcoming games. If you are interesting in helping me out, feel free to message me and we can work out a deal: brandon05mn@gmail.com

    I didnít see too many other ticket sale/exchange time conversations here on this forum, but I donít see any other place for it. If searching for tickets is against the rules, just let me know, Iíll take the post down.

    Thank you, go Mavericks! Ole Ole Ole
    -Brandon
    You may already be doing this but, craigslist usually has tickets for MAVS games. I would check in there.

  18. #58
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Who's heading north this weekend? Pairwise implications could be huge, and a nice homecoming for Sandelin and Aamodt.

  19. #59
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Spicer, MN
    Posts
    17,645
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Who's heading north this weekend? Pairwise implications could be huge, and a nice homecoming for Sandelin and Aamodt.
    Iíll be there Saturday, weather cooperating!

  20. #60
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    south sioux city, ne
    Posts
    1,282

    Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

    Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Iíll be there Saturday, weather cooperating!
    That's looking like kind of a big "if."

    Stauber is returning to juniors. That would still leave him with the option of returning to MSU next year at semester break, but it's pretty rare for a guy to go back to juniors and return to the same school. Best of luck to him in whatever he decides.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •