Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Quote Originally Posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    That's looking like kind of a big "if."

Stauber is returning to juniors. That would still leave him with the option of returning to MSU next year at semester break, but it's pretty rare for a guy to go back to juniors and return to the same school. Best of luck to him in whatever he decides.
    Definitely.

Iím interested to see what Hastings tries to do in terms of a replacement ó could be looking for a grad transfer to come in and solidify the back up role, but regardless theyíre going to need to find a third goaltender.

Quote Originally Posted by MavHockey14 View Post
    Definitely.

Iím interested to see what Hastings tries to do in terms of a replacement ó could be looking for a grad transfer to come in and solidify the back up role, but regardless theyíre going to need to find a third goaltender.
    Agree. This departure shouldnít be taken lightly. The Mavericks had depth at every position, but now are left relatively bare at the most important position. Thought Stauber looked good in the very limited time I saw him and his pedigree suggests heís a budding star. There was just no daylight behind McKay. It takes a certain kind of patience as a hockey player to accept not playing in game situations, especially if McKay projects as a 4-year starter. Interestingly enough, Stauberís big break last year came on the heels of an injury to Sioux Falls starter Alec Calvaruso.

It puts a lot more strain on the goaltending position. I think Dryden is up to the challenge though- look at workhorses like Hunter Shepard, who played 40+ games in two national championship years, but weíre in a bit more jeopardy at that position than Iím comfortable with. After losing Matiss Kivlenieks the other year, G has proven to be a somewhat difficult position to fill for MSU despite getting great results.

In Dryden we trust- heís been phenomenal and has been our rock. Iím not concerned with his performance, it just leaves injury to chance.

Itís a tough situation for Stauber. I wish him all the best. Selfishly I hope his future includes MSU, realistically it probably wonít. I just hope I donít have to see him in an opposing sweater in Mankato.
    Last edited by MSUMaverickFan; 11-26-2019 at 07:26 PM.

Re: Minnesota State: Take the Next Step 2019-2020

Do the Mavericks have any 2020-21 goaltender signees that are in juniors and have graduated HS, preferably in the US? Pulling a kid forward can happen. UAH had to do it in 2006-07 when the backup left at Christmas and we just had the one kid (not sure why we were down to two...).

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Quote Originally Posted by gfmorris View Post
    Do the Mavericks have any 2020-21 goaltender signees that are in juniors and have graduated HS, preferably in the US? Pulling a kid forward can happen. UAH had to do it in 2006-07 when the backup left at Christmas and we just had the one kid (not sure why we were down to two...).

GFM
    We just signed one a week ago, but heís currently splitting time in the NAHL, so I donít think heís ready. But, desperation can make a team do things that are less than ideal!

Watch out for the bull!

Big sweep in Duluth!
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Belle Plaine by way of Mankato and Fairfax, MN
    We just signed one a week ago, but heís currently splitting time in the NAHL, so I donít think heís ready. But, desperation can make a team do things that are less than ideal!
    I think they are willing to ride with McKay, Berger and a third stringer at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Big sweep in Duluth!
    Impressive

Quote Originally Posted by MavsFan View Post
    Big sweep in Duluth!
    MSU was UNDís toughest opponent so far this season without a doubt. I just wish the two had another series this season as I think both teams have only improved since seeing each other. I attended the games in Mankato, they were an absolute blast other than the outcome.

Interesting news in the 20-21 Schedules thread: The Icebreaker for next year will include the Mavs, Duluth, the Gophers, and Providence.

Interesting news in the 20-21 Schedules thread: The Icebreaker for next year will include the Mavs, Duluth, the Gophers, and Providence.
    I think you forgot about this news.. that broke towards the end of last season. Regardless, should be a fantastic weekend of hockey.

Last weekend was impressive, surgical, and a massive weekend for the Mavs. Throw in the craziness of the blizzard, power outage, etc. and what a weekend. Incredibly unique.

We had an awesome time, Iíve never seen weather like that.

I think you forgot about this news.. that broke towards the end of last season. Regardless, should be a fantastic weekend of hockey.

Last weekend was impressive, surgical, and a massive weekend for the Mavs. Throw in the craziness of the blizzard, power outage, etc. and what a weekend. Incredibly unique.

We had an awesome time, Iíve never seen weather like that.
    Your team looked great this weekend. You've got a lot more size than I was anticipating and your goaltender is really solid. My dogs are really slumping to start this season, I'm hopeful they'll turn it around. Glad you got to experience Duluth in all its glory! In all seriousness, hope you all had safe travels and here's to seeing you again in March/April.
    "In heaven there is no beer. NO BEER! That's why we drink it here. RIGHT HERE!"

Good win. Lake State looked better than their record for about 45 minutes. Seemed to hit a bit of a wall after that. Power play still looking good, but would like to see a little more in the 5v5 tonight.

14-1-1 headed into the final WCHA series of 2019.. a sweep would be a heck of a way to head into Christmas break!

Anyone know a good site for Mariucci tickets? Iíve checked a couple of the big ones, and the pickings look slim.
    Also, Iím assuming I get into both games with one ticket each night?

Anyone know a good site for Mariucci tickets? Iíve checked a couple of the big ones, and the pickings look slim.
    I just went out to gophersports.com and put in for four and got seats right away. Looks like $60 a seat for the whole tournament, and then fees tacked on......
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

what
    I got center ice last week off stub hub for $28.50 for Sunday.

14-1-1 headed into the final WCHA series of 2019.. a sweep would be a heck of a way to head into Christmas break!
    Will the Mavs bring in a 3rd goalie this year? Berger has looked okay, but if McKay goes down itíll be a long year.

Quote Originally Posted by MAVS21 View Post
    Will the Mavs bring in a 3rd goalie this year? Berger has looked okay, but if McKay goes down itíll be a long year.
    It's looking less likely with each passing day, but I'm more concerned right now with scoring. 5 goals in the last 3 games. Let's hope we clean things up a little.

as a freshman, Sowder is the team's 3rd best scorer. any more information about him? haven't seen him play, but is he someone to watch? upside? thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Danger View Post
    as a freshman, Sowder is the team's 3rd best scorer. any more information about him? haven't seen him play, but is he someone to watch? upside? thanks!
    Great speed, good skill. Less physical than you would like, but a good player.

Thread Information