Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Re: NHL 2019-20 #1: Where Toronto Plans To Win Without Playing Defense.

And Dekeyser will be 30 and coming off of season-ending back surgery. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    And Dekeyser will be 30 and coming off of season-ending back surgery. Yikes.
    Yep.

Also, pardon me while I silently weep about Dekeyser being 30 already. I have his home game-issued jersey from his first playoff series (12-13, first round against the Ducks). He broke his thumb in Anaheim in game two and never got a chance to wear the jersey. It seems like just two or three years ago I picked up that jersey from the Hockeytown Authentics store in JLA during a game.

Also, that was the year the Wings could have broke up the Blackhawks dynasty. But nooooOOOOOooooo.... Kronwall had to kick Seabrook's OT shot in behind Jimmy Howard in Game Seven.
    Last edited by aparch; 01-16-2020 at 12:50 AM.

Unobtanium Medallion FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    Yep.

Also, pardon me while I silently weep about Dekeyser being 30 already. I have his home game-issued jersey from his first playoff series (12-13, first round against the Ducks). He broke his thumb in Anaheim in game two and never got a chance to wear the jersey. It seems like just two or three years ago I picked up that jersey from the Hockeytown Authentics store in JLA during a game.

Also, that was the year the Wings could have broke up the Blackhawks dynasty. But nooooOOOOOooooo.... Kronwall had to kick Seabrook's OT shot in behind Jimmy Howard in Game Seven.
    Wings were up 3 games to 1 in that series after 4. Hardly all Kronner's fault.

I agree with that. You could see in those last three games that the long playoff runs were catching up and guys weren't the same as they were in '08 and '09.

What could have been in '13 though.

Kicizapi Cetan

Bruce, Bruce, Bruce, ... < facepalm >

https://sports.yahoo.com/boudreau-li...034123589.html

Paperwork matters.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

It's not just the Wings who are stinking up the joint in Detroit. Detroit teams (Tigers, Pistons, Lions included) combined for about 230 losses between them in 2019. The most out of any city.

I remember when I used to watch the Wings as a respite from the other three teams.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Maybe it was the Ginger Ale's talking, but on last night's Wings post game show, Mickey Redmond was waxing poetically about the struggles right now, and he (as we discussed here) sees the turn around coming. While we posted it felt more like the Dead Wings era, Mickey felt it's closer to the late 80's and the rocket ride up will be fun.

Also, I want to just sit for hours, sipping on ginger ales, listening to the old guys like Mickey, Ozzy, Larry, etc. tell stories of "the old days." The post game shows on Fox Sports Detroit are a hoot.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Kicizapi Cetan

Earlier today:

WAS 1 0 5 6
    NYI 2 2 0 4

Literally pulled up to a filling station and it has just become 4-2 NYI. Come out of station ... it's Five, Four, ... WASHINGTON!

Isles gonna Isle.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

ὃ οὐ κινούμενον κινεῖ

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Isles gonna Isle.
    That's not an Isles thing to do, really. When we suck it's tape to tape.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

Betty White recently turned 98. She was 45 the last time the Leafs won the Cup.
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka

The Original Dope Detector theprofromdover's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MissThundercat View Post
    Betty White recently turned 98. She was 45 the last time the Leafs won the Cup.
    😂
    Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Waiting for the Snow to fly...
    South Chicago Burbs... For now anyways...

Gritty is a gift that just keeps on giving

Also probably the most Philly Being Philly headline you will see this week
    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Saw this on Facebook and I thought it would be a good question to ask here:

If you had the opportunity to change the result of ONE game from hockey history, which game would it be?

For me, it depends. For NMU, I'd love it if we could flip the loss to St. Cloud in the NCAAs. That was St. Cloud's first tourney win. For Detroit, the 2009 Cup Final game where Lilja committed a delay of game penalty, costing the Red Wings the game. The Wings would eventually lose the series to Pittsburgh.
    ― Franz Kafka

If you had the opportunity to change the result of ONE game from hockey history, which game would it be?
    For Detroit, the 2009 Cup Final game where Lilja committed a delay of game penalty, costing the Red Wings the game. The Wings would eventually lose the series to Pittsburgh.
    You know my response to this (as I posted it on Facebook as well). The 2013 Western Conference Semi-final between the Blackhawks and Red Wings. Game Seven. Overtime. Kronner drops to his knees and kicks his leg out to block Seabrook's shot, but deflects it slightly changing the direction of the puck to just above Howard's glove.

The shot is flat off Seabrook's stick, and you can see it flutter upward after deflecting of Kronner.

Also, Lilja never played in the 2009 playoffs. He was placed on LTIR following a concussion against Nashville February 28th, 2009. He didn't return to the ice until March 1st, 2010.

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by aparch View Post
    You know my response to this (as I posted it on Facebook as well). The 2013 Western Conference Semi-final between the Blackhawks and Red Wings. Game Seven. Overtime. Kronner drops to his knees and kicks his leg out to block Seabrook's shot, but deflects it slightly changing the direction of the puck to just above Howard's glove.

The shot is flat off Seabrook's stick, and you can see it flutter upward after deflecting of Kronner.

Also, Lilja never played in the 2009 playoffs. He was placed on LTIR following a concussion against Nashville February 28th, 2009. He didn't return to the ice until March 1st, 2010.
    Was it 2008 then?
    ― Franz Kafka

I'd change any one of the game 7s Pittsburgh was involved in when they won the cup during the 16-17 season.

Was it 2008 then?
    No.

In Game Five of 2008, Jiri Hudler took a double minor for high sticking at 9:21 into the third overtime. Penguins converted thirty six seconds later to win the fifth longest NHL playoff game.

In game six, Jiri Hudler again took a poorly timed penalty at 18:13 of the third period, which Marion Hossa converted on twenty seconds later to make the game a butt-puckering 3-2 with 97 seconds remaining in the game.

Lilja took penalties in:
    Game 2, 2008 - 18:52 3rd Period - Scrum resulted in DET PP, DET wins.
    Game 4, 2008 - 10:10 3rd Period - PK Successful, DET wins.

Live Radio from 100.3

Quote Originally Posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    I'd change any one of the game 7s Pittsburgh was involved in when they won the cup during the 16-17 season.
    Would Ottawa be in the position they're in right now if they didn't lose that 2OT to the Pens in Game Seven? Ottawa/Nashville would have been an interesting series.

Live Radio from 100.3

Defacing this tagline is a MAX foul Twitch Boy's Avatar

Saw this on Facebook and I thought it would be a good question to ask here:

For me, it depends. For NMU, I'd love it if we could flip the loss to St. Cloud in the NCAAs. That was St. Cloud's first tourney win. For Detroit, the 2009 Cup Final game where Lilja committed a delay of game penalty, costing the Red Wings the game. The Wings would eventually lose the series to Pittsburgh.
    2015 NCAA first round, Tech vs. St, Clooud. Tech is leading against a tough Cloud team 2-1 in the 3rd, then surrenders a goal to tie it with 38 seconds left, then in OT a Tech skater loses an edge entering the Cloud zone, coughs up the puck, and gives up the rush to the GWG. One of those games that leaves you questioning God.

Alternatively, Fight Night at the Berry. You can even leave the 1-1 tie because that game was an abomination against all that is holy and it deserved it, just cancel everything that happened after the 17:00 mark of the 3rd.

ETA: Throw in game 3 of the WCHA first round against Sue in 2008. Tough as hell to get out of my chair after that one (and it was my "senior" year.)
    Last edited by Twitch Boy; 01-25-2020 at 02:14 PM.
    Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch Boy View Post
    My heart aches reading the book end games you'd switch. That middle game... eh.

For NMU, while the 2010 loss to St, Clooud giving them their first NCAA Tournament win in program history, I'd rather NMU wasn't in that position and won the CCHA tournament title against Michigan. (Then again, looking over the PWR standings and the brackets, NMU might have had to face North Dakota. I don't think they would have been high enough to get to Albany and take on UNH).

Alternatively, I'd like to give Notre Dame an a** whipping and reverse the 2009 CCHA Semi-final game, to put NMU in the title game. Michigan was easily beatable both of those years.

Live Radio from 100.3

Thread Information