Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 230

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    177

    Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    7 Juniors & Seniors

    Remainder is Freshman and Sophomores.

    Fiery Captain -

    Question is: Can Keith bring his game up a few levels?

    Yankees running deep this season, due to depth.

    Bobcats lack of depth behind Brandon fell off last season and could have been interesting if he had stayed healthy.

    They played UMASS very strong and N Dakota, pretty strong also. Last season's Yale game put stain on season but I still think that kid deserved to get buried into the ice, but it cost the Bobcats long beyond the penalty...but the team over performed and this season looks to maintain or improve.

    Of course, look forward to QUFan's commentary and analysis along with the rest of you guys...

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    At the beach
    Posts
    4,604

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Excuse the interruption and take this post down if you think it is not appropriate. I know there are many locals who might want to support this cause. There is a benefit this Saturday to support Yale Baseball Coach Ray Guarino who is fighting cancer. https://www.facebook.com/events/2478162612236284/ Thank you.
    YALE HOCKEY
    2013 National Champions

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by LTsatch View Post
    Excuse the interruption and take this post down if you think it is not appropriate. I know there are many locals who might want to support this cause. There is a benefit this Saturday to support Yale Baseball Coach Ray Guarino who is fighting cancer. https://www.facebook.com/events/2478162612236284/ Thank you.
    Good LT! Of course, this stays!

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,702

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    2003 born forward David Hymovitch commits to Quinnipiac

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...hymovitch.html
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  5. #5
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,742

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    I've been trying to get excited for the new season but life keeps getting in the way. Just had my grandson, daughter, and son in-law here for 5 days to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday (which isn't until 10/5).

    Also dealing with the fact that I'll be unemployed at the end of October after almost 40 yrs with the company. All remaining production is being sent to China by years end. What a great way to end a career...

    Actually looking forward to the start of the season as I think it will help as a diversion. I honestly haven't kept up with the incoming freshmen but do think the 2 keys to this team are last years freshmen stepping up and continuing what they started. Also, KP needs to be on his game from the first puck drop. It's time for him to put up the numbers we've all thought he was capable of. Maybe being slotted as the #1 will help with that. Being tabbed 2/3 by the coaches/media seems legit provided the returning core keeps doing what they did last season.

    Now that I've written this, I can't wait for the season to start... is it October yet?

    Go Q!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    166

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post

    Of course, look forward to QUFan's commentary and analysis along with the rest of you guys...
    Wow, A call out on the initial thread post...I'm honored

    I'm definitely ready for the season to get underway. We're hoping to be at most of the games, Home and Away this year. ASU ticket office threw some love at us and got our Saturday tix upgraded from SRO to GA. Ok, the barn makes the Hamden Rink look like MSG, but they didn't have to go out of their way to call me back and make sure I had the upgrade when tickets were freed up.

    Mark, sorry to hear about the job, but cool you got to spend some time with the Grandson! My Grandson (7) will be attending most of the Home games with us this year for the first time.

    Hopefully KP is ready to go this year. It will be interesting to see if Rand gives Fear any significant time before ECAC play starts, just in case he needs him. If the Freshman take the next step, which might be a bit to ask since they took such a big leap last year, they'll be alright. A couple of this year's freshman seem to have some years on them, so hopefully they make the Jr to NCAA transition smoothly.

    Aside from ASU (who would have said that a few years ago) and hopefully UMass, the NC schedule is looking pretty weak. They will most likely need every ECAC W they can get, and pretty much run the NC table, to get their Pairwise in order.

    LET'S GO BOBCATS!

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    I've been trying to get excited for the new season but life keeps getting in the way. Just had my grandson, daughter, and son in-law here for 5 days to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday (which isn't until 10/5).

    Also dealing with the fact that I'll be unemployed at the end of October after almost 40 yrs with the company. All remaining production is being sent to China by years end. What a great way to end a career...

    Actually looking forward to the start of the season as I think it will help as a diversion. I honestly haven't kept up with the incoming freshmen but do think the 2 keys to this team are last years freshmen stepping up and continuing what they started. Also, KP needs to be on his game from the first puck drop. It's time for him to put up the numbers we've all thought he was capable of. Maybe being slotted as the #1 will help with that. Being tabbed 2/3 by the coaches/media seems legit provided the returning core keeps doing what they did last season.

    Now that I've written this, I can't wait for the season to start... is it October yet?

    Go Q!
    Our Brave - Bobcats played beyond expectations last year. If Brandon does not blow out wheel in practice....!! I know - and I would like to grow hair on my head and lose 40 lbs by this weekend) I think we play Duluth better than any team they faced and have shot at the final dance.

    That said, no one thinks we repeat this year, with noticeable drop-off in nets, so KP, you are very good man - - its your time to be who the fan base and Red Wings see you to be.

    Need 6 strong Defensemen:
    Karlis and, Mr. Deliberatore; TJ Friedman and either Cam Boudreau or Zach Mehtsa and Marcus Chorney with challenges from the new kids: Jeremey Smith, Jayden Lee & Wyatt Head likely are very good and will bring in that hungry energy!!

    In my opinion, largely consider a hockey-idiot & worthless, I thought Brandon was the best hockey player on the ice. I also touted the activity and energy all season long from Captain Nick "Danger" Jermain. A human pinball....

    Mark, sorry to hear of the job loss...you seem like a good guy - Yankees will district most of us until hockey season starts.

    LT, how do your Eli's look this year....?

    Any other insight on how the league looks this year?

  8. #8
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,742

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Season tickets arrived yesterday... the world is a better place for now!
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Word from the locker room. Kids are tired of beating each other up, anxious to get against an opponent. Frosh look good, KP has been a stone wall. Upper classmen are taking control and Soph's think they are going to own the world. Through the eyes of a much more optimistic body. They won't surprise anyone, I'm not convinced the weaker schedule isn't' by design.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Also...Bonjo may challenge to lead the ECAC in scoring this year. He's coming in that on fire.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    112 @ The Bank
    Posts
    228

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by IronRange View Post
    Also...Bonjo may challenge to lead the ECAC in scoring this year. He's coming in that on fire.
    sounds good to me!

    hope you are right about this as well as KP.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by IsThereADog View Post
    sounds good to me!

    hope you are right about this as well as KP.
    Looking forward to preview comments of ECAC. QUFan always has great insights!

  13. #13
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,742

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    Looking forward to preview comments of ECAC. QUFan always has great insights!
    No disrespect to QUFan, but I think you're confusing him with QUalum2004 who writes the QU Hockey Blog.

    If KP finds his game I really like where this team can go this season. I also think Fear can step in and be solid as well. We all know nothing is sacred with Rand when it comes to goalies and he'll play whoever he thinks gives them the best chance.

    We'll probably see a very up-tempo offensive game with solid D this season. Can't wait to see what the Tufto & Banjo show has in store!

    Is it Sunday yet?
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    No disrespect to QUFan, but I think you're confusing him with QUalum2004 who writes the QU Hockey Blog.

    If KP finds his game I really like where this team can go this season. I also think Fear can step in and be solid as well. We all know nothing is sacred with Rand when it comes to goalies and he'll play whoever he thinks gives them the best chance.

    We'll probably see a very up-tempo offensive game with solid D this season. Can't wait to see what the Tufto & Banjo show has in store!

    Is it Sunday yet?
    No offense taken , Qualum’s analysis is always a good read.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    166

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Anyone know if the away games will have “radio”/internet from the QU side this year? I used to enjoy the postgame comments while leaving the arenas on WQUN.

  16. #16
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,742

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Anyone know if the away games will have “radio”/internet from the QU side this year? I used to enjoy the postgame comments while leaving the arenas on WQUN.
    I've been wondering the same thing.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  17. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    KP is the real deal. Shorty got hot and Rand went with it. Not happy about the #8/#11 rankings, think it puts a target on our backs. These kids have been training together with the alumni since July. They are ready.

  18. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    34

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Guys, we have 3 players who are going to the NHL next year. including KP. We are going to be very good. Enjoy it.

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    No offense taken , Qualum’s analysis is always a good read.
    Been rough off-season for me, too. QUA-lum - love his posts & blog! Once Yankees stop playing, i become all hockey. have never been to a home Quinnipiac game - seem to catch them on the road easier.

    my biggest concern is KP. Was KP #1 last season, before Shorty went on season long run? They each were taking one game on the weekend....

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,702

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Preview coming tomorrow or Friday on the team

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •