Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 496

Thread: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

  1. #341
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,734

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Right now, even with the learning and growing they still need to do, do you think QU is a top 4 ECAC team? If not, aside from Clarkson and Cornell, who would you rank ahead of them? Colgate?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Probably but these next few weeks should drop them from the top 4 when other teams will be making up games and QU will be playing non-conference games.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  2. #342
    Here every day
    Join Date
    Oct 1999
    Location
    rome,n.y.13440 usa
    Posts
    6,652

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    Q is top 4 unless Harvard gets its act together and Colgate is, somehow, for real. Dartmouth also deserves a look. But right now I would pencil Q in for 3.
    Now that is a question.
    It all starts with the goaltending.

  3. #343
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,734

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Joey Cipollone is transferring from Vermont to Quinnipiac. Won't be eligible to spring of 2021. Playing with Lincoln in the USHL.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  4. #344
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    7,547

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
    Joey Cipollone is transferring from Vermont to Quinnipiac. Won't be eligible to spring of 2021. Playing with Lincoln in the USHL.
    Tri-City.
    Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

  5. #345
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,734

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  6. #346
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,912

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Does anyone know if FloHockey (Atlantic Hockey streaming) offers a single game package for viewing online? Their website only offers monthly and yearly plans. Seems steep to pay 29.99 to watch 1 game (I'd go to the game if I could). I sent them an email this morning but haven't heard back yet...
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  7. #347
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Mark, try tweeting at them @flosports. maybe they will respond to that.

  8. #348
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    I could imagine the game might have a bit of a somber feel tonight. The HC Rowing team was in a serious accident on Wednesday in Florida. A young lady lost her life, several others are in the hospital and the ladies in the second van watched it happen. Prayers to the HC community.

  9. #349
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,912

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    I could imagine the game might have a bit of a somber feel tonight. The HC Rowing team was in a serious accident on Wednesday in Florida. A young lady lost her life, several others are in the hospital and the ladies in the second van watched it happen. Prayers to the HC community.
    A terrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers for all involved.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  10. #350
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Does Cipolione have to wait for the second semester to actually start, or just the first one to end? Can he play, after semester 1 exams, or does he have to wait for MLK 2021?

  11. #351
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,912

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Does Cipolione have to wait for the second semester to actually start, or just the first one to end? Can he play, after semester 1 exams, or does he have to wait for MLK 2021?
    Not positive but I think he becomes eligible as soon as the first semester ends, i.e. he would be able to play in late December.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  12. #352
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Mark, try tweeting at them @flosports. maybe they will respond to that.
    Jesus would have streamed the game at no charge!

    Back in top 20, # 18 Pairwise.....falling in like with this young team.

  13. #353
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,912

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by SnowDogFlyer View Post
    Jesus would have streamed the game at no charge!
    FloSports really needs a single game option. I ended up paying their ransom fee to watch tonight. Not happy about it but couldn't make the trip and wanted to see the boys play.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  14. #354
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,912

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Started off great but let Holy Cross hang around and make a game of it. Nice to see Wheels get the hatty... he's been on fire and will be a big part of the team's success down the stretch.

    Power play has gone to sleep again. Still too many passes looking for the right shot. They need to put the puck on net. Garbage goals look the same in the boxscore.

    Was good to see Tufto come back from the wicked slash (completely missed by the refs). He went down in obvious pain but did return and seemed to be ok.

    On to the inaugural CT Ice next weekend.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  15. #355
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,734

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    FloSports really needs a single game option. I ended up paying their ransom fee to watch tonight. Not happy about it but couldn't make the trip and wanted to see the boys play.
    I don't pay ransom at all. Everyone of these Division I teams should get a deal with ESPN +.
    QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS


    ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

    ECAC Tournament Champions
    2016

    NCAA Tournament
    2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

    NCAA Frozen Four
    2013, 2016

    https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
    https://twitter.com/QHockeyBlog
    https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
    https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

  16. #356
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Started off great but let Holy Cross hang around and make a game of it. Nice to see Wheels get the hatty... he's been on fire and will be a big part of the team's success down the stretch.

    Power play has gone to sleep again. Still too many passes looking for the right shot. They need to put the puck on net. Garbage goals look the same in the boxscore.

    Was good to see Tufto come back from the wicked slash (completely missed by the refs). He went down in obvious pain but did return and seemed to be ok.

    On to the inaugural CT Ice next weekend.
    Pecknold and Ref got into an argument which resulted in Rand getting a warning. I didnít hear what Rand said but did think I heard the Ref say, ďand because your player got hurt, thatís a penalty?Ē Then he got the warning.

    HC was pressing all night. They are a pretty fast team and didnít tire like weíve seen other teams do this season. They also played with a bit of a chip on their shoulders like many of the AH team lava do against us, and presumably other better teams. Again the ice looked choppy. Lots of guys just losing edges or tripping for no reason. Puck bounces as well. Made for a bit of a helter skelter experience.

    Alex, Nick, Leyh, Odeen, Lee, and many others played their hearts out. Even if the results arenít stellar, they are working hard. It will come together.

    Looking forward to next week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #357
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    231
    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Pecknold and Ref got into an argument which resulted in Rand getting a warning. I didnít hear what Rand said but did think I heard the Ref say, ďand because your player got hurt, thatís a penalty?Ē Then he got the warning.

    HC was pressing all night. They are a pretty fast team and didnít tire like weíve seen other teams do this season. They also played with a bit of a chip on their shoulders like many of the AH team lava do against us, and presumably other better teams. Again the ice looked choppy. Lots of guys just losing edges or tripping for no reason. Puck bounces as well. Made for a bit of a helter skelter experience.

    Alex, Nick, Leyh, Odeen, Lee, and many others played their hearts out. Even if the results arenít stellar, they are working hard. It will come together.

    Looking forward to next week.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you for the updates...especially ice condition, etc

    In past seasons, a key injury has 'knocked the wheels off the cart' for Bobcats.

    Sam Anas being cheap shot by Harvard's Luke Esposito (never forget Luke! Cheap!!) and of course last season, Brandon Fortunato , who was all around superb hockey player!

    This season, among the rising good-play, Alex Whelan just seems to be that X factor player this year, the one whose game is not only being elevated himself but elevating others on and my guess, off the ice, as well.

    I am watching McGee on defense, and while he has that big body style play, his stick handling to me seems somewhat unreliable at times and I am hoping this is just nerves and getting accustomed to having ice time but he is a tough player with pretty impressive ice credentials behind him so I am optimistic we have that depth and the physical play needed to beat the physically larger and deep teams in post season.

    I so enjoy the level of competition and the results that Rand Pecknold has generated year in and year out with this hockey program. Program made the Quinnipiac brand o strong compared to the days of me driving around Ottawa in the mid 2000s with "Quinnipiac" sticker on my rear window, and people asking me at the then, Corel Center and then Palladium - -, "ay, Quinni-Pi-what!?" I would just say, "Ac-Ac-Ac", which became a famous line in movie "Mars Attacks"....the only words the martians voiced was "Ac, Ac".....then morphed in to Billy Joel song, "played at Quinnipiac-ac-ac-ac, you ought to know by now". Quinnipiac became a interesting Senator brand but not a lot of Canadians venturing there at that time...

    The good news, LTSatch finally has something to be cheerful about...Yale crushing Union 5-0! RPI is waking up and should be tough down the stretch and Clarkson rematch is key at Hamden. Then in 2006, the entire team, top to bottom is red shirted with most of them Canadians!!! Now, that's what I call magic!!

    Enjoy! These things only happen in dreams and Rand made all of this happen, because people believed in him and the vision!

  18. #358
    C'mon Q! MarkEagleUSA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    113 @ the Bank!
    Posts
    11,912

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by QUFan View Post
    Pecknold and Ref got into an argument which resulted in Rand getting a warning. I didn’t hear what Rand said but did think I heard the Ref say, “and because your player got hurt, that’s a penalty?” Then he got the warning.
    Rand was right... the slash on Tufto was bad, and obvious. It wasn't a penalty because he got hurt, it was a penalty because it was a wicked slash. Apparently AH refs are as bad as their ECAC brethren.

    Alex, Nick, Leyh, Odeen, Lee, and many others played their hearts out. Even if the results aren’t stellar, they are working hard. It will come together.
    Those guys have been carrying this team. Metsa and De Jong have also stood out to me.
    Quinnipiac Bobcats
    2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19 ECAC Regular Season Champions
    2013 East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2014 East Regional
    2015 West Regional
    2016 ECAC Tournament Champions, East Regional Champions, Frozen Four
    2019 Midwest Regional

  19. #359
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
    Rand was right... the slash on Tufto was bad, and obvious. It wasn't a penalty because he got hurt, it was a penalty because it was a wicked slash. Apparently AH refs are as bad as their ECAC brethren.

    Those guys have been carrying this team. Metsa and De Jong have also stood out to me.
    Totally agree, thatís why when this thing clicks like it did Against Harvard and Dartmouth, its pretty cool to watch. I think weíll see more of that.

    This past weekendís ECAC games didnít really hurt us in the standings too much and actually helped our Pairwise a bit.

    Cornell May run away a bit next weekend with Harvard and Dartmouth at home, but we should still be in decent shape to control our own destiny into a top 4 spot.

    Onto CT Ice!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  20. #360
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    212

    Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

    Nice Goal and interview by Ty Smilanic at last nights BioSteel All-American Game. Just watching the game now. Announcers wondering how Smilanic got away from DU. Said his visit and ability to contribute immediately were factors in his choice to come to QU! Letís Go Bobcats!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 3 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 3 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •