Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Quinnipiac Bobcats 2019 ~ 2020 Season

Originally posted by QUFan View Post
    Fear did look more confident tonight and from what I witnessed behind the net in the second period, he seemed to track the puck better. He looks to be more steady on his feet as well, perhaps a better skater? It was also interesting to see OC play at least a few shifts on D, as well as QB a couple PP rushes in the second. He played at least one shift with Britt. Probably due to PD’s ejection. But i think it’s his first game action at D from what i recall.

Harvard isn’t good, they are great. 7-2 is a drubbing but that team is very very good. That may be the best team they face all year. One of the QU parents told me BEFORE the game he thinks Harvard is a national championship contender right now.
    I'm not sure if we are a national contender just yet. We're only three games in and have yet to face out of conference foes BC and BU. Or Cornell for that matter. Defensively, we have some 'issues' that need to be worked out. The good news is that we have balance on the forward lines and Gibson looks very good in goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Skate79 View Post
      I'm not sure if we are a national contender just yet. We're only three games in and have yet to face out of conference foes BC and BU. Or Cornell for that matter. Defensively, we have some 'issues' that need to be worked out. The good news is that we have balance on the forward lines and Gibson looks very good in goal.
      I was just watching the replay (Glutton for punishment I guess). Anyway, I really like the QU broadcasters, but have to admit the Harvard team is very good as well. They are far from “homers” and were very complimentary of QU and even critical of some calls against the Bobcats.

Ok, I’m done saying nice things about Harvard. Let’s get some payback in Hamden! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
        Losing Dilly hurt but didn't cost us that game. We need serious help on the back end and have to figure out a way to finish. And it appears the whole team has a bit of a confidence problem... "panic" as Rand likes to call it.

Fear did look better than KP in net, even while giving up 4. He was squared up and in position to challenge. His weakness seems to be high glove side and Harvard exploited it.

I have to think that Beaudreau is hurt because he's easily a #4 D in this lineup. Lee had a pretty rough night and Friedman was only so-so.

Odeen was snakebit again but had a few good looks. First and fourth lines seemed ok. Two and three were bad. All the pre-season hype for Van Nes hasn't materialized. Brind'amour can't seem to get on track.

Bottom line: they have not yet gelled and found their "identity". I won't say it's looking like a repeat of 17-18, but it's close. Not too many lost weekends left.
        I’d like to see Fear get a chance to start instead of being down 3 goals coming in cold. Maybe against Union Friday? Coming in cold and basically having to be perfect is a lot to ask. A platoon for a few weeks might be best at this point.

Comment

I’d like to see Fear get a chance to start instead of being down 3 goals coming in cold. Maybe against Union Friday? Coming in cold and basically having to be perfect is a lot to ask. A platoon for a few weeks might be best at this point.

Great minds think alike!

I agree... knowing you're going to start is far different from a relief appearance.

If he gets a couple of starts and holds his own, it'll push KP to up his game.
          Quinnipiac Bobcats
          2023 National Champions
          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
          Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ZYanksRule View Post
            This league is good enough that despite the struggles OOC, we can get our Pairwise in good position through the league.
            Not if we can't beat the top teams in the league. I don't think our OOC schedule is strong enough on it's own to help, especially with the losses this far. Harvard, Cornell, and Clarkson will be formidable opponents in the quest for PWR.

I'm not worried at that level yet. It's a young team, they'll improve as the year goes on.
            I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll right the ship and, yes, these kids should improve. Maybe we'll be a stronger team down the stretch with all the adversity now...
            Quinnipiac Bobcats
            2023 National Champions
            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
            Northeast Regional:

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
              Losing Dilly hurt but didn't cost us that game. We need serious help on the back end and have to figure out a way to finish. And it appears the whole team has a bit of a confidence problem... "panic" as Rand likes to call it.

Fear did look better than KP in net, even while giving up 4. He was squared up and in position to challenge. His weakness seems to be high glove side and Harvard exploited it.

I have to think that Beaudreau is hurt because he's easily a #4 D in this lineup. Lee had a pretty rough night and Friedman was only so-so.

Odeen was snakebit again but had a few good looks. First and fourth lines seemed ok. Two and three were bad. All the pre-season hype for Van Nes hasn't materialized. Brind'amour can't seem to get on track.

Bottom line: they have not yet gelled and found their "identity". I won't say it's looking like a repeat of 17-18, but it's close. Not too many lost weekends left.
              Cam Boudreau isn’t hurt.
              QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
              2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
              2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
              2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
              https://***********/QHockeyBlog
              https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
              https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                Cam Boudreau isn’t hurt.
                Puzzles me as to why we haven't seen him yet...
                Quinnipiac Bobcats
                2023 National Champions
                Northeast Regional:

Comment

Puzzles me as to why we haven't seen him yet...
                  I wonder if we’ll see O’Connor play more D. Might have just been an emergency play with Peter D gone, but it was interesting none the less. I like having him on the ice rather than in the stands. I think His heavy play will be a benefit against the ECAC teams.

Comment

I think His heavy play will be a benefit against the ECAC teams.
                    As long as he can stay out of the box.
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    Northeast Regional:

Comment

Thoughts and observations from the weekend slate against Dartmouth & Harvard

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...m-weekend.html
                      QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                      2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                      2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                      2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                      https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                      https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                      https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

• Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                        Thoughts and observations from the weekend slate against Dartmouth & Harvard

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...m-weekend.html
                        Your usual superb post.

I picked them 3rd in the poll, also felt I was somewhat generous and now see these guys growing in the 2nd half, but also see the other teams, such as RIT who has a new rink and was a tough opponent as is Union, always.

My big concern is Defense: good defensemen alignment fixes goal-keeping; generates better releases the other way; anchors PK & drives PP

This Defense is thin; inexperienced in D1 play; physically not terribly large (this latter point is my preference and not necessary in D1 hockey, but being physical has value and being physical with size and the other mentioned skills is highly prized, too.)

As Yankee fans learned about coaching, Aaron Boone did a nice job of pulling very good baseball players into a high performance Major League season.

These are instructive losses and wins, too - and, I guess ties as well.

I love the play of our captain, and I do not know him at all. He played like there was no tomorrow, last season and got hurt a few times over his career. Hopefully, he has not throttled that back to the point it no longer is a part of his game. Putting Captaincy on a hustle, player who leads with his play - is like taking your best engineer, salesman and making them the boss....I really feel for the kid that works so hard they make him captain of a team in need of leadership on the ice. Maybe other readers here can share their insight on Nick - who I have been positive writer since he got here. Nick Jermain is a battle bot, puck-digging, in your face player going everything he has. He is not Mathew Peca, Sam or Odeen -

HE IS NICK DANGER! DANGER MAN

Comment

Outside the top 20 in the poll... pressure's off now. Go out, have some fun, and take no prisoners!
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          Northeast Regional:

Comment

Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                            Outside the top 20 in the poll... pressure's off now. Go out, have some fun, and take no prisoners!
                            Totally agree. This team has 22 Fresh and sophs.., 22! that's crazy. If these kids pull a rabbit out of the hat this year, well done. I actually think they will. Gonna take a run in the ECAC to do it. Give them a little rope...some of these kids are unreal. We just haven't seen it all yet.

Comment

Last year no one saw Bobcats coming, this year most of us picked them in the top 3 in ECAC, including me.

Freshman & Sophs:
                              Harvard 14...Cornell 12...Clarkson 12 ...RIT 13 Yale 12 Colgate 12

Bobcats 22 TWENTY TWO - - let's let this sink in......

OK, now I am all in with this. Next season, they will have a very powerful group and they will gel. Mark, you are so right...let them just play, have fun and I would love to see Rand smile once in a while....makes sense, you lose bunch of guys to NHL and time to rebuild. 2 fresh Battle Bots....!! Battle Kittens!

Comment

• Originally posted by IronRange View Post
                                Totally agree. This team has 22 Fresh and sophs.., 22! that's crazy. If these kids pull a rabbit out of the hat this year, well done. I actually think they will. Gonna take a run in the ECAC to do it. Give them a little rope...some of these kids are unreal. We just haven't seen it all yet.
                                so true....good!! we are all getting on this same page

Comment

Working...
                                X