Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    If it's that clear, then why do cities and states continue to adopt sexual orientation as a protected category separate and apart from sex discrimination?
    Because it's not yet been ruled upon as to whether or not it's a protected status at the federal level. So cities, counties and states have taken it upon themselves to preserve personal rights and dignity on their own.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      The Equality Act passed the House, but Trump isn't a fan of it, so McConnell won't let the Senate vote on it.
      The Grim Reaper is never going to let it through. Democrats will have to clean sweep in 2020 or it will wait another whole two years after that.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        The Grim Reaper is never going to let it through. Democrats will have to clean sweep in 2020 or it will wait another whole two years after that.
        He won't even bring it to a vote. So when people like joe tell me to wait for Congress... ffffff that shhhhhhhh.
        Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
        "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
        Patreon for exclusive writing content
        Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          We need a clean sweep for a lot of reasons. Since the GOP became a full fledged fascist party we need to remove their majorities from all three branches however that is legally possible. That means winning the White House and both chambers and packing the courts (it's not illegal). There are no norms anymore so we have to stop fighting Nazis who cheat by observing the rules of etiquette. To what end? We can rebuild civility after we've scoured these traitors out of our institutions once and for all.

This has been coming for a long time -- at least 40 years but really it's been the worm in the apple right from the beginning when the feudal slave states were allowed to join the union as a necessary evil to present common cause to fight off the British. We have been two countries for 200 years -- a smart, tolerant, liberal one and a dumb, vicious, conservative one. It's taken a long, long time but we are finally reaching the tipping point where the truly stupid are lurching into the minority. For the first time in history the smart people don't have to hide and pretend the dummies matter.

But before we get to the end we're going to have to deal with all their pent up hatred and bile and idiocy. That's what this is. It's been a long time coming but we're this close to being free.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            Non-unanimous jury conviction? What in the actual ****?
            I believe Oregon still allows it.

Comment

Yeah I had to google it because I had never heard of it for a criminal trial. I was shocked to read Oregon still had it.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                We need a clean sweep for a lot of reasons. Since the GOP became a full fledged fascist party we need to remove their majorities from all three branches however that is legally possible. That means winning the White House and both chambers and packing the courts (it's not illegal). There are no norms anymore so we have to stop fighting Nazis who cheat by observing the rules of etiquette. To what end? We can rebuild civility after we've scoured these traitors out of our institutions once and for all.

This has been coming for a long time -- at least 40 years but really it's been the worm in the apple right from the beginning when the feudal slave states were allowed to join the union as a necessary evil to present common cause to fight off the British. We have been two countries for 200 years -- a smart, tolerant, liberal one and a dumb, vicious, conservative one. It's taken a long, long time but we are finally reaching the tipping point where the truly stupid are lurching into the minority. For the first time in history the smart people don't have to hide and pretend the dummies matter.

But before we get to the end we're going to have to deal with all their pent up hatred and bile and idiocy. That's what this is. It's been a long time coming but we're this close to being free.
                Well, in 2020, I'll get out for that clean sweep.

And today, I also read that the trans case was mostly arguing about trans people in bathrooms, not about hearing any actual legal arguments. So excuse me while I feel ill.

And Hovey...yes, 26 states say it's okay to fire me for being bi/pan and trans. My problem is that the 26 states includes Michigan, and our brain dead Republican state legislature will never authorize LGBT civil rights because of "religious freedom." Understand now?
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

And on what's before the Court in my case:

Bear in mind, I am willing to share what I know and point you to resources that can assist you in acquiring knowledge up to a point. My mom was disabled from birth and grumpy about it her entire life, so I have a fair amount of patience. However, if I can tell you're choosing not to understand, I will sigh and move on.

Comment

And I can't educate this. This is why I stopped trying to educate conservatives... too many questions on where I pee and what's in my pants.

http://www.newnownext.com/supreme-co...aeQCENowaBXmFs

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                      If it's that clear, then why do cities and states continue to adopt sexual orientation as a protected category separate and apart from sex discrimination?
                      Because there are lots of *******s like you who would still infringe on their civil rights even though it really is that clear. Just because everyone agrees that murder is clearly wrong does not mean that we don’t need laws against murder. Quite the contrary, and only a murderer would argue otherwise.
                      Last edited by LynahFan; 10-10-2019, 04:20 AM.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Were just being hysterical.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Were just being hysterical.
                          ialto

Or, just being chicken little. Cause, you know, that's what I do. After all, how could I possibly think the sky is falling in America? How could I possibly come to such a conclusion.
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                            Because there are lots of *******s like you who would still infringe on their civil rights even though it really is that clear. Just because everyone agrees that murder is clearly wrong does not mean that we don’t need laws against murder. Quite the contrary, and only a murderer would argue otherwise.
                            How exactly would I or have I infringed on anyone's civil rights? I've posted (and people have ignored) that I think the law should prohibit discrimination based upon sexual orientation or gender identity. But just because I think that, and just because I think the law should be that way doesn't mean that I think federal law currently is written that way, for reasons I've explained (but people again have ignored, or dodged.)
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

The point here is we have laws against sexual preference discrimination and sexual identification discrimination in addition to sex discrimination because:

1. Backwards people haven't caught on yet that sex includes sexual preference and sexual identification

and

2. Those same backwards people were always likely to discriminate on sexual preference and sexual identification and in fact even biological sex in the first place.

All of these laws exist because sexist morons make life miserable for the rest of us, just like we have laws against murder or theft. Laws constrain bad people. We keep making all these laws because there are still bad people. In this case, there is an entire political party and media Echo Chamber sucking up to bad people because it's very good business.

So basically the answer to "why do we have laws..." for all these sexist things is: Republicans.

I hope that's clear enough.
                              Last edited by Kepler; 10-10-2019, 08:28 AM.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                                The point here is we have laws against sexual preference discrimination and sexual identification discrimination in addition to sex discrimination because:

1. Backwards people haven't caught on yet that sex includes sexual preference and sexual identification

and

2. Those same backwards people were always likely to discriminate on sexual preference and sexual identification and in fact even biological sex in the first place.

All of these laws exist because sexist morons make life miserable for the rest of us, just like we have laws against murder or theft. Laws constrain bad people. We keep making all these laws because there are still bad people. In this case, there is an entire political party and media Echo Chamber sucking up to bad people because it's very good business.

So basically the answer to "why do we have laws..." for all these sexist things is: Republicans.

I hope that's clear enough.
                                See, this is why I still hang around in Cafe. It's to see what people come up with at their computer when they try to post an answer that includes insults with it.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X