Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    If you're going to cite Old Pio, get it right - it was the Libtard Ladies' Chorale.
    Major Eff Up by Me [feels shame]
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

Evidently this was the week the Dems' testicles dropped.

On the one year anniversary of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Kamala Harris is calling on the House Judiciary Committee to launch a formal impeachment inquiry into Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, citing a need to determine the truth about the allegations against him after a farcical investigation last year.

In an op-ed for Elle magazine, Sen. Harris noted the FBI investigation was “not serious.” Indeed, the agency did not interview multiple witnesses and/or corroborators, something they said was inexplicably outside the scope of their extremely narrow investigation directives. The system failed women and she made the case to revisit the Kavanaugh allegations through an impeachment inquiry.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/04/76386...louisiana-case

Here it comes.

This case was already decided and they are taking it up again. That means they plan on changing their minds. Which, means the conservatives have the votes now.

The U.S. Supreme Court has jumped headlong back into the abortion wars. The court said Friday that it will hear arguments in a case from Louisiana that is nearly identical to a Texas case decided by the court three years ago.

Like the Texas law that the court previously struck down, the Louisiana law requires any doctor performing an abortion to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital; it also requires that clinics that provide abortions be, in effect, mini-hospitals, with everything from wide corridors to expensive equipment.

The Supreme Court said in the Texas case that neither was needed to protect women's health and that both requirements imposed "a substantial burden" on a woman's right to abortion.

Louisiana has conceded that its law is virtually identical to the Texas law. The difference between then and now is that Justice Anthony Kennedy, who cast the decisive fifth vote in the 2016 Texas case, has retired and been replaced by Trump appointee Brett Kavanaugh, who has indicated his willingness to undermine or discard the 2016 decision.
        If this flips poor women in the South getting any kind of reproductive Health Care, or Health Care in general is finished.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

It's a brilliant strategy. Impoverished, bankrupt, violent Republican states criminalize abortion. More babies, more poverty, less social services, more violence equals more Republicans.

The perpetual underclass feeds the right.
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            It's a brilliant strategy. Impoverished, bankrupt, violent Republican states criminalize abortion. More babies, more poverty, less social services, more violence equals more Republicans.

The perpetual underclass feeds the right.
            But then you can eat them??
            I'm assuming the person at the AOC event was a troll. A mega troll. But still, AOC didn't call her a raving lunatic either.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              But still, AOC didn't call her a raving lunatic either
              She said she was concerned about the woman's mental state, and wanted her to get help. But yeah, AOC condones baby eating.

Comment

I'm assuming the person at the AOC event was a troll. A mega troll. But still, AOC didn't call her a raving lunatic either.
                What is wrong with you? Seriously.
                Cornell University

Comment

What is wrong with you?
                  Are you new here?

Comment

I am going to repeat what I said before...you are an awful human being.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

What is wrong with you? Seriously.
                      Cruelty emboldened by the decrepit POS he worships.
                      Best part is, he thinks he’ll die and face judgment but in reality his god isn’t real. He’ll rot in the earth next to all the female sinners who dared to have control over their body

Comment

Our analysis shows that the chief justice’s voting record is as conservative as those of his most extreme current and former colleagues — Justices Thomas, Samuel Alito Brett Kavanaugh and Antonin Scalia. In all 42 split-decision cases that the chief justice has presided over involving racial minorities, immigrants, workers and abortion, he voted for conservative outcomes 100 percent of the time.
                        The Supreme Court’s new term that begins on Monday could prove momentous, with cases involving gun control, abortion, L.G.B.T. rights and immigration. The term is likely to signal how far the court’s conservative majority will go to block the agenda of the next Democratic president and Congress.
                        https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/o...05v2xE2G04XV_I

It just gets worse, and worse, and worse.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/o...05v2xE2G04XV_I

It just gets worse, and worse, and worse.
                          And you all tell me not to worry, that Roberts will help us with the deciding vote, blah, blah, blah.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Evidently this was the week the Dems' testicles dropped.
                            I think this is a bad idea. Obviously Supreme Court Bro shouldn't have been confirmed, but we need to focus on Trump first before impeachment fatigue sets in.

Comment

100% agreed. If the Dems start talking about Impeaching everyone it will start to turn on them.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                                I think this is a bad idea. Obviously Supreme Court Bro shouldn't have been confirmed, but we need to focus on Trump first before impeachment fatigue sets in.
                                Kamala Harris is trying to save her mediocre Presidential campaign
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X