Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Thought Exercise Assignment of the Day:
    Replace the words "conservative and/or Republican" in the prior statements with your choice of the following: Jew, Muslim, Catholic, Hindu, Buddhist, Democrat, etc. Explain why any of the statements are not bigoted.
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Comment

Excellent interview with the authors of the new book on Kavanaugh
      "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
      Groucho Marx
      "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
      Ron White
      Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        So... Fascists bad, Republic good.

Why is it you continue to vote GOP again?
        The little baybeez!!

Well, the unborn ones. Not the little brown ones in cages at the border.
        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
          Replace the words "conservative and/or Republican" in the prior statements with your choice of the following: Jew, Muslim, Catholic, Hindu, Buddhist, Democrat, etc. Explain why any of the statements are not bigoted.
          Because political affiliation is a choice and is presumably based on one's values. No one is born a Republican or a Democrat.

We all make decisions based on input; if someone proudly exclaims they're a Republican after all the shiat they've done over the last decade, how can you not make a judgment based on that?

Replace Republican with Nazi and tell me how that is bigoted?

Comment

Because you put children in cages. Jews, Muslims, Catholics, Hindus, Buddhists, and Democrats don't.

The correct substitution for "Republican" between 1981 and 1994 was "idiot." Between 1994 and 2016 it was "infant." Since 2016 it's "sociopath."

If you cover for Nazis you're a Nazi. Don't like it? Stop covering for Nazis. Get over your hurt hick feewies, grow up, be an American, and fight the Nazis.
            Last edited by Kepler; 09-19-2019, 07:01 AM.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

I don't need to read some salacious book to remain quite satisfied that his character was not worthy of a SCOTUS seat - he showed it in the demeanor of his own rambling testimony.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                Because you put children in cages.
                Wow! Are you ACTUALLY saying that I put children in cages? Really? Even Foxton, Flaggy, et al. never sank to those depths.
                I have to surmise that you (Singular) are using the word "you" in the plural form. Regardless, to infer that I am associated in any way, shape, or form with that type of activity is reprehensible. I thought you (singular or plural, your choice) were better than that. My bad.
                Groucho Marx
                Ron White
                Milo Bloom

Comment

Wow! Are you ACTUALLY saying that I put children in cages? Really? Even Foxton, Flaggy, et al. never sank to those depths.
                  I have to surmise that you (Singular) are using the word "you" in the plural form. Regardless, to infer that I am associated in any way, shape, or form with that type of activity is reprehensible. I thought you (singular or plural, your choice) were better than that. My bad.
                  Do you support the party that does this? Are you actively working to end such actions? Then you're part of the problem.

Own it.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

You're not stupid, you know exactly what I am saying. Even if you don't rufus explained it to you.

You bought the ticket; you take the ride. People who vote for Nazis are responsible for what those Nazis do.
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

You're not stupid, you know exactly what I am saying. Even if you don't rufus explained it to you.

You bought the ticket; you take the ride. People who vote for Nazis are responsible for what those Nazis do.
                      Which is funny coming from the same party that says “It’s the person, not the gun.”

Weird how that works.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Which is funny coming from the same party that says “It’s the person, not the gun.”

Weird how that works.
                        Same people who say trumps sex life is his business but a woman’s body?? Huurrrrdurrrr that’s their business

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          Same people who say trumps sex life is his business but a woman’s body?? Huurrrrdurrrr that’s their business
                          And what I do with my partner is their business too.
                          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                          Patreon for exclusive writing content
                          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            Well to be fair they're only trying to save you from your innate sinfulness.

As regards the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex; while the production of woman comes from a defect in the active force or from some material indisposition, or even from some external influence. —Thomas Aquinas
                            You could have been a man if only you'd tried harder as a zygote. It's kinda on you, girl.

Now be a dear and make me a sammich.
                            Last edited by Kepler; 09-20-2019, 11:16 AM.
                            Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                              Do you support the party that does this? Are you actively working to end such actions? Then you're part of the problem.

Own it.

FYI. In the past twelve years I've voted for ONE Republican in national elections. It was my congressional Rep. who retired in 2015. He was a very strong supporter of agriculture and since I grew up in a farming community (ie. Hic), I set a high priority on that and felt it outweighed the other issues. I'd do it again. I have completely stopped donating $ to any party or PAC since I feel this type of money is harmful to our democracy. Whenever the subject of immigration comes up, I express my distaste of ICE's current practices and politely explain to those that support it why I feel they are wrong (I live in MAGA country so the opportunity to do this occurs rather frequently). I freely admit that I haven't gone down to the border and protested or personally saved children from ICE like I'm sure that all of you do on a daily basis. As such, my "actively working to end such actions" has been limited to my failure to support them and calling my Reps office to voice my displeasure (he's a full blown MAGAt so it was a waste of time and effort). I have voted for zero Republicans in 2016 & 2018.

(I realize that none of you would know any of this. However, just because I don't sing in the Lady's Chorus (© Old Pio) around here, assuming that I must a supporter of the Republican party is intellectually lazy. "You're either with us or against us" is as stupid now as it was when it came out. However, I am getting older, so maybe I forgot about posting something in support of this current administration. Point it out to me and I'll provide a Mea culpa. In order to save time, please remember one thing in your search for said posts: Pointing out faults in one Party ≠ Support for the other Party)

So....... if the above is supporting the Republican party and their policies, I'm frelling guilty. I've got my ticket to ride and I own it. Hell, I'm not part of the problem, I AM THE PROBLEM. Protect your children, the Brown ones are only the beginning. Sieg Heil Mother Fruckers!
                              Groucho Marx
                              Ron White
                              Milo Bloom

Comment

FYI. In the past twelve years I've voted for ONE Republican in national elections. It was my congressional Rep. who retired in 2015. He was a very strong supporter of agriculture and since I grew up in a farming community (ie. Hic), I set a high priority on that and felt it outweighed the other issues. I'd do it again. I have completely stopped donating $ to any party or PAC since I feel this type of money is harmful to our democracy. Whenever the subject of immigration comes up, I express my distaste of ICE's current practices and politely explain to those that support it why I feel they are wrong (I live in MAGA country so the opportunity to do this occurs rather frequently). I freely admit that I haven't gone down to the border and protested or personally saved children from ICE like I'm sure that all of you do on a daily basis. As such, my "actively working to end such actions" has been limited to my failure to support them and calling my Reps office to voice my displeasure (he's a full blown MAGAt so it was a waste of time and effort). I have voted for zero Republicans in 2016 & 2018.

(I realize that none of you would know any of this. However, just because I don't sing in the Lady's Chorus (© Old Pio) around here, assuming that I must a supporter of the Republican party is intellectually lazy. "You're either with us or against us" is as stupid now as it was when it came out. However, I am getting older, so maybe I forgot about posting something in support of this current administration. Point it out to me and I'll provide a Mea culpa. In order to save time, please remember one thing in your search for said posts: Pointing out faults in one Party ≠ Support for the other Party)

So....... if the above is supporting the Republican party and their policies, I'm frelling guilty. I've got my ticket to ride and I own it. Hell, I'm not part of the problem, I AM THE PROBLEM. Protect your children, the Brown ones are only the beginning. Sieg Heil Mother Fruckers!
                                If you're going to cite Old Pio, get it right - it was the Libtard Ladies' Chorale.

Comment

Working...
                                X