Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Which is funny coming from the same party that says “It’s the person, not the gun.”

Weird how that works.
    Same people who say trumps sex life is his business but a woman’s body?? Huurrrrdurrrr that’s their business

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Re: SCOTUS 15: Help Us, Ruth Bader Ginsburg! You're Our Only Hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Same people who say trumps sex life is his business but a woman’s body?? Huurrrrdurrrr that’s their business
    And what I do with my partner is their business too.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Well to be fair they're only trying to save you from your innate sinfulness.

As regards the individual nature, woman is defective and misbegotten, for the active force in the male seed tends to the production of a perfect likeness in the masculine sex; while the production of woman comes from a defect in the active force or from some material indisposition, or even from some external influence. —Thomas Aquinas
    You could have been a man if only you'd tried harder as a zygote. It's kinda on you, girl.

Now be a dear and make me a sammich.
    Last edited by Kepler; 09-20-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

I like this curious feeling

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Do you support the party that does this? Are you actively working to end such actions? Then you're part of the problem.

Own it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    You're not stupid, you know exactly what I am saying. Even if you don't rufus explained it to you.

You bought the ticket; you take the ride. People who vote for Nazis are responsible for what those Nazis do.
    FYI. In the past twelve years I've voted for ONE Republican in national elections. It was my congressional Rep. who retired in 2015. He was a very strong supporter of agriculture and since I grew up in a farming community (ie. Hic), I set a high priority on that and felt it outweighed the other issues. I'd do it again. I have completely stopped donating $ to any party or PAC since I feel this type of money is harmful to our democracy. Whenever the subject of immigration comes up, I express my distaste of ICE's current practices and politely explain to those that support it why I feel they are wrong (I live in MAGA country so the opportunity to do this occurs rather frequently). I freely admit that I haven't gone down to the border and protested or personally saved children from ICE like I'm sure that all of you do on a daily basis. As such, my "actively working to end such actions" has been limited to my failure to support them and calling my Reps office to voice my displeasure (he's a full blown MAGAt so it was a waste of time and effort). I have voted for zero Republicans in 2016 & 2018.

(I realize that none of you would know any of this. However, just because I don't sing in the Lady's Chorus (© Old Pio) around here, assuming that I must a supporter of the Republican party is intellectually lazy. "You're either with us or against us" is as stupid now as it was when it came out. However, I am getting older, so maybe I forgot about posting something in support of this current administration. Point it out to me and I'll provide a Mea culpa. In order to save time, please remember one thing in your search for said posts: Pointing out faults in one Party ≠ Support for the other Party)

So....... if the above is supporting the Republican party and their policies, I'm frelling guilty. I've got my ticket to ride and I own it. Hell, I'm not part of the problem, I AM THE PROBLEM. Protect your children, the Brown ones are only the beginning. Sieg Heil Mother Fruckers!
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by busterman62 View Post
    FYI. In the past twelve years I've voted for ONE Republican in national elections. It was my congressional Rep. who retired in 2015. He was a very strong supporter of agriculture and since I grew up in a farming community (ie. Hic), I set a high priority on that and felt it outweighed the other issues. I'd do it again. I have completely stopped donating $ to any party or PAC since I feel this type of money is harmful to our democracy. Whenever the subject of immigration comes up, I express my distaste of ICE's current practices and politely explain to those that support it why I feel they are wrong (I live in MAGA country so the opportunity to do this occurs rather frequently). I freely admit that I haven't gone down to the border and protested or personally saved children from ICE like I'm sure that all of you do on a daily basis. As such, my "actively working to end such actions" has been limited to my failure to support them and calling my Reps office to voice my displeasure (he's a full blown MAGAt so it was a waste of time and effort). I have voted for zero Republicans in 2016 & 2018.

(I realize that none of you would know any of this. However, just because I don't sing in the Lady's Chorus (© Old Pio) around here, assuming that I must a supporter of the Republican party is intellectually lazy. "You're either with us or against us" is as stupid now as it was when it came out. However, I am getting older, so maybe I forgot about posting something in support of this current administration. Point it out to me and I'll provide a Mea culpa. In order to save time, please remember one thing in your search for said posts: Pointing out faults in one Party ≠ Support for the other Party)

So....... if the above is supporting the Republican party and their policies, I'm frelling guilty. I've got my ticket to ride and I own it. Hell, I'm not part of the problem, I AM THE PROBLEM. Protect your children, the Brown ones are only the beginning. Sieg Heil Mother Fruckers!
    If you're going to cite Old Pio, get it right - it was the Libtard Ladies' Chorale.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

I like this curious feeling

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    If you're going to cite Old Pio, get it right - it was the Libtard Ladies' Chorale.
    Major Eff Up by Me [feels shame]
    "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
    Groucho Marx
    "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
    Ron White
    "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
    Milo Bloom

Evidently this was the week the Dems' testicles dropped.

On the one year anniversary of Dr. Christine Blasey Ford’s testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee, Sen. Kamala Harris is calling on the House Judiciary Committee to launch a formal impeachment inquiry into Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh, citing a need to determine the truth about the allegations against him after a farcical investigation last year.

In an op-ed for Elle magazine, Sen. Harris noted the FBI investigation was “not serious.” Indeed, the agency did not interview multiple witnesses and/or corroborators, something they said was inexplicably outside the scope of their extremely narrow investigation directives. The system failed women and she made the case to revisit the Kavanaugh allegations through an impeachment inquiry.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019

https://www.npr.org/2019/10/04/76386...louisiana-case

Here it comes.

This case was already decided and they are taking it up again. That means they plan on changing their minds. Which, means the conservatives have the votes now.

The U.S. Supreme Court has jumped headlong back into the abortion wars. The court said Friday that it will hear arguments in a case from Louisiana that is nearly identical to a Texas case decided by the court three years ago.

Like the Texas law that the court previously struck down, the Louisiana law requires any doctor performing an abortion to have admitting privileges at a nearby hospital; it also requires that clinics that provide abortions be, in effect, mini-hospitals, with everything from wide corridors to expensive equipment.

The Supreme Court said in the Texas case that neither was needed to protect women's health and that both requirements imposed "a substantial burden" on a woman's right to abortion.

Louisiana has conceded that its law is virtually identical to the Texas law. The difference between then and now is that Justice Anthony Kennedy, who cast the decisive fifth vote in the 2016 Texas case, has retired and been replaced by Trump appointee Brett Kavanaugh, who has indicated his willingness to undermine or discard the 2016 decision.
    If this flips poor women in the South getting any kind of reproductive Health Care, or Health Care in general is finished.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

It's a brilliant strategy. Impoverished, bankrupt, violent Republican states criminalize abortion. More babies, more poverty, less social services, more violence equals more Republicans.

The perpetual underclass feeds the right.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

It's a brilliant strategy. Impoverished, bankrupt, violent Republican states criminalize abortion. More babies, more poverty, less social services, more violence equals more Republicans.

The perpetual underclass feeds the right.
    But then you can eat them??
    I'm assuming the person at the AOC event was a troll. A mega troll. But still, AOC didn't call her a raving lunatic either.

Has Anger Issues FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    But still, AOC didn't call her a raving lunatic either
    She said she was concerned about the woman's mental state, and wanted her to get help. But yeah, AOC condones baby eating.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

I'm assuming the person at the AOC event was a troll. A mega troll. But still, AOC didn't call her a raving lunatic either.
    What is wrong with you? Seriously.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

What is wrong with you?
    Are you new here?

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

I am going to repeat what I said before...you are an awful human being.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

What is wrong with you? Seriously.
    Cruelty emboldened by the decrepit POS he worships.
    Best part is, he thinks he’ll die and face judgment but in reality his god isn’t real. He’ll rot in the earth next to all the female sinners who dared to have control over their body

Our analysis shows that the chief justice’s voting record is as conservative as those of his most extreme current and former colleagues — Justices Thomas, Samuel Alito Brett Kavanaugh and Antonin Scalia. In all 42 split-decision cases that the chief justice has presided over involving racial minorities, immigrants, workers and abortion, he voted for conservative outcomes 100 percent of the time.
    The Supreme Court’s new term that begins on Monday could prove momentous, with cases involving gun control, abortion, L.G.B.T. rights and immigration. The term is likely to signal how far the court’s conservative majority will go to block the agenda of the next Democratic president and Congress.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/o...05v2xE2G04XV_I

It just gets worse, and worse, and worse.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

If Only You Knew MissThundercat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/07/o...05v2xE2G04XV_I

It just gets worse, and worse, and worse.
    And you all tell me not to worry, that Roberts will help us with the deciding vote, blah, blah, blah.
    twitter: PipersHouse920, instagram: bobambermarie
    “Don't bend; don't water it down; don't try to make it logical; don't edit your own soul according to the fashion. Rather, follow your most intense obsessions mercilessly.”
    ― Franz Kafka
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Internet Nutcase

Evidently this was the week the Dems' testicles dropped.
    I think this is a bad idea. Obviously Supreme Court Bro shouldn't have been confirmed, but we need to focus on Trump first before impeachment fatigue sets in.

Apartheid Loving Conservadem!

100% agreed. If the Dems start talking about Impeaching everyone it will start to turn on them.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    I think this is a bad idea. Obviously Supreme Court Bro shouldn't have been confirmed, but we need to focus on Trump first before impeachment fatigue sets in.
    Kamala Harris is trying to save her mediocre Presidential campaign
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Thread Information