Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
    I'm sorry..I should have worded it better..All those players committed and were recruited by the staff prior too and when Sneddon first arrived. As far as Stahlberg goes, he was recruited by everybody. He was the top scorer on on the J20 Elite team in Frolunda..hats off to Micheletto for landing him.

https://www.hockeysfuture.com/articl...ktor_stalberg/
    Gotcha. And just to clarify regarding Stalberg I do remember him saying that in (an article which I wish I could find but can't) but I should have clarified this was before he blew up with Frolunda because prior to joining them he had some pretty sub par stats with other club teams at the same level. Gist of it was he knew he wanted to play college so he sent out tapes everywhere and UVM got on him early before other programs realized he wanted to play college while he had his breakout year with Frolunda.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
      Gotcha. And just to clarify regarding Stalberg I do remember him saying that in (an article which I wish I could find but can't) but I should have clarified this was before he blew up with Frolunda because prior to joining them he had some pretty sub par stats with other club teams at the same level. Gist of it was he knew he wanted to play college so he sent out tapes everywhere and UVM got on him early before other programs realized he wanted to play college while he had his breakout year with Frolunda.
      Ah..ok makes sense..I think we are both saying the same thing..Time for a new look at UVM

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
        Sneddon out the door before Christmas with efforts like this weekend.
        oh what a gift that would be!!
        If they dont manage a split vs Lowell this weekend this season already toast! easy sweep for BC maybe could split BU but doubt it on road should get result against down AZ State team but would say Cats are not favored this team could be 1-12 by December! pucks bounce many ways so i doubt that also AZ State might not be as strong as last year but this weekend already do or die for the Cats!

Comment

End of an era at the BFP - Ted Ryan is officially retiring. Great guy, very good writer, will be missed.
          https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
          https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
          NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
          Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
            End of an era at the BFP - Ted Ryan is officially retiring. Great guy, very good writer, will be missed.
            Even he's getting out before the season goes off the rails! I'm kidding sort of...have to say hearing this and reading the last story he filed for the paper it makes sense. That seemed pretty thrown together and given he knew he was done I don't blame him after watching that bad Maine loss. With him leaving it appears the Free Press is not going to have an assigned beat writer to the program and will instead use a staff report to file the game stories which is pretty sad and is something that would not have happened if the program was worth space in print or online and it says a lot about how bad things have gotten.

Comment

#FireSneddon

This team is so bad. Another snoozer at the Gut. This power play has possession in the zone for the whole end of the 2nd and didn't generate a thing. Slow and predictable.

Comment

They played better tonight, but just offensively challenged. Both UML goals were a bit lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by jfromvt View Post
                  They played better tonight, but just offensively challenged. Both UML goals were a bit lucky.
                  The 3rd period was at least respectable. The second UML goal was whacky for sure.

Comment

Much better game for UVM this week. First Lowell goal was a bad defensive breakdown in front of Lekkas. Second Lowell goal was a fluke. Lekkas, Lucas and Cowans were my standouts. 41 shots by UVM is misleading. A lot of bad angle shots and way too many shots hitting the goalie in the chest.

Notes for the offense:
                    - Sometimes the best pass is to someone behind you.
                    - Don't pass to someone unless they have better angle. Take the shot.
                    - Stop carrying the puck into the corner.

Comment

1-4-0 overall. 0-2-0 HE. 1.2 goals/game average. 0-16 on the power play...and does anyone else get the sense Sneddon is almost gleeful? Maybe he already has his next contract extension in hand and we’ll all learn about it this spring. Disgraceful.

Comment

Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                        1-4-0 overall. 0-2-0 HE. 1.2 goals/game average. 0-16 on the power play...and does anyone else get the sense Sneddon is almost gleeful? Maybe he already has his next contract extension in hand and we’ll all learn about it this spring. Disgraceful.
                        this has been by gut feeling for a while now that the sstory before the season about him not having one was a fake out to get fans to think they would make a move knowing that they never would no matter what! i bet if they get a point tonight theyll announce it at the bars as we turn the clocks back. of course now there is no reporter to find out if that would be true anymore I will never stop the fight to say this man has ruined a proud program and is not the man to go forward on ice or off it but much of me knows that drinking buddies bonds and not actually caring what anyone thinks is what is going to happen and the man will be here another 15 years! it is a DISGRACE!

Comment

Summary of tonight's game: meh

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                            Much better game for UVM this week. First Lowell goal was a bad defensive breakdown in front of Lekkas. Second Lowell goal was a fluke. Lekkas, Lucas and Cowans were my standouts. 41 shots by UVM is misleading. A lot of bad angle shots and way too many shots hitting the goalie in the chest.

Notes for the offense:
                            - Sometimes the best pass is to someone behind you.
                            - Don't pass to someone unless they have better angle. Take the shot.
                            - Stop carrying the puck into the corner.

I agree - better weekend than Maine weekend. More energy/compete by the guys, and liking Freshmen class (Lemay, Lucas, #17). BUT......Maine/UMASS have higher skilled players than UVM has. When Lekas plays really well and things fall right for UVM and the team comes to play then they are in the game. When those things don't play out we're chasing the game and the opponent and often playing from behind.

Which brings me to the coaching situation. Things are stale with the entire program. Empty seats, season tickets not being renewed, product on the ice and eventually the results. Heck last nights 50/50 raffle was a whopping ~$300 (can't remember it ever being that low). UVM is not getting the level of recruit to compete against it's opponents. Not a knock on the players - as I think they are good guys, usually work hard and are giving their best. But at the end of the day - 1 person is responsible for the horses in the barn and we're not getting the level needed to be successful. The current coach has had more than a fair shot to turn things around and that is not happening. The program needs a JOLT of energy (everyone must go - even the stick boy). This is going to be a long journey to get to a better situation. Many recruits are already locked in. It's going to take a new and in my opinion younger coach who has the 80-100 hours a week to game-plan, practice plan, network, and most importantly sell the program and turnaround to a bunch of higher skilled players. I only hope the administration can see what is occurring in the stands and on the ice.

Comment

Catfantoo, you are spot on with this post.

Comment

Agree, spot on, except I would keep the stick boy! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X