UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

From what I saw, Lekkas and the entire team were god awful.

Comment

I skipped to watch the F1 race. Feels like the right call.
      https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by pokecheckguy2 View Post
        Thank you for posting that! could go back even far back to show good Cats teams didn't have the big picks and still did well..best players in program history were not drafted! Sneddons damage to the program beyond point of repair! UVM never rely on big draft pick kids but he cant even get into conversation with them on recruit trail because those kid family advisers know he is NOT the man to help them get to next level and will ruin chances they have at being NHL pro! worse the talent kids who do not get draft picked also are told do not go to UVM because you will not get your game better to be a chance to sign as free agent NHL pro! Kids want to play at next level and he cannot get them there so they do not choose UVM unless they have no choice like getting over recruited by a BC very clear coaches have no idea what to find on recruit trail and cannot build team that has consistent identity that grow! every senior class gets worse outside Lekkas none these seniors will probably get anything more than AHL cup of cofee when your progam has 1 everyday NHL player that played for Sneddon which is Kevan Miller who is hurt right now but he is usually a a guy who plays most games
        Modern college coach has to be trusted to prep men for the pros and make them better players so they have more playing chances in pro at highest leagues and obvious NHL and advisers do not believe he can do it and hes shown proven results he cannot because the program suffer for it!
        Echl

Comment

Sneddon out the door before Christmas with efforts like this weekend.

Comment

Ted’s storyline came out of left field, pretty bizarre. It’s obvious they have no skill up front, it doesn't matter if they have NHL picks or not. The Maine game was so boring it makes a marginal hockey fan like me wonder why I bother to go to the games. There is zero buzz around the program, just a renovated Gut is not going to fix that. I think Sneddon knows he’s done.

Comment

Coaching matters: https://www.oursportscentral.com/ser...smen/n-5530076

Comment

Or maybe Hockey East is played at a higher level than the SPHL

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                  Sneddon out the door before Christmas with efforts like this weekend.
                  If Schulman (sp?) has any balz he will do the above unless something dramatically changes between now and then. That would give the program more time to line up a replacement. Have the assistants run the second half of the season with one as interim head coach. Season would be over by then and often times it surprisingly changes the tone of a season and teams play better once the cloud is removed.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
                    Plus one NHL pick decommitted after KS elected to ditch Wallack. He's going to Harvard after winning the USHL scoring title. we could reaaaaaaaaaally have used a guy like that

He didn't decommit because of Wallack leaving..he was decommiting anyway because he suddenly got more offers. These are Wallacks recruits...right here right now. Hes one of the biggest tools in the business. Leaves a trail of dust everywhere he lands...

Comment

This is a great post and I also want to point out that Fallon, Stalberg, Medvec, MacKensie , Marshall, and Pacan were committed before Sneddon got to UVM. The entire frozen four team was recruited before Sneddon arrived. He has never adjusted to the style of play in Hockey East with his recruiting..it wont change, hes proven that.

Comment

Originally posted by catmandoo View Post
                        This is a great post and I also want to point out that Fallon, Stalberg, Medvec, MacKensie , Marshall, and Pacan were committed before Sneddon got to UVM. The entire frozen four team was recruited before Sneddon arrived. He has never adjusted to the style of play in Hockey East with his recruiting..it wont change, hes proven that.
                        So you're saying UVM was leading the charge in getting 14 year olds to commit all the way back in 2002? If they all did here would be the ages of each player: Stalberg (16 and he even said publicly he wasn't recruited at all and sent his tape to D3 schools before Micheletto came across it and called him), Medvec (14), MacKenzie (14), Marshall (14), Pacan (11). Fallon was 17 in 2002 so that I think you'd be right on. Now you've got your talking points and I certainly appreciate them...but some of that doesn't add up. If you said Damian DiGiulian was the guy who got them in the door or was the lead recruiter on them doing the legwork while Sneddon was in charge and had started before he arrived okay...he was around before and with Sneddon and once he left recruiting went to ****. I'm just not sure I can totally buy that these 14 year olds and one 11 year old were all ready to go to UVM before Sneddon arrived. The commitment at that age seemed to have happened later and I feel at a minimum there would have been some press coverage about it considering it was such a big deal that the 13 year old who never showed up committed 6-8 years ago.

Comment

Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-0 win over Vermont

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_28.html
                          QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                          2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                          2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                          2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                          https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                          https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                          https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            Thoughts and observations from Quinnipiac's 4-0 win over Vermont

http://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/201...s-from_28.html
                            Your link seems to be broken, but for anyone with an interest, here's the part that relates to UVM:

"I wasn't that impressed with Vermont and they really have limited talented at best. Stefanos Lekkas will steal them some games but he can't do it alone. That is offensively challenged team and will struggle to score goals this season. I have a feeling it will be another long winter for the folks in Burlington and could end with a coaching change at the end of the season."

Can't disagree with anything said and sure hope things end with a coaching change. "Limited talent at best" -- spot on. Lekkas may steal some games, but his performance yesterday was less than stellar. He's had a great career, so he's entitled to those every now and again. Actually feel bad for him and think he probably should have left and gone to a more competitive program as a graduate transfer. Gonna be a long season indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by UVM Cat in Texas View Post
                              Your link seems to be broken
                              Change the https to http
                              Quinnipiac Bobcats
                              2023 National Champions
                              ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                              ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                              East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                              Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                              Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                              Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                                So you're saying UVM was leading the charge in getting 14 year olds to commit all the way back in 2002? If they all did here would be the ages of each player: Stalberg (16 and he even said publicly he wasn't recruited at all and sent his tape to D3 schools before Micheletto came across it and called him), Medvec (14), MacKenzie (14), Marshall (14), Pacan (11). Fallon was 17 in 2002 so that I think you'd be right on. Now you've got your talking points and I certainly appreciate them...but some of that doesn't add up. If you said Damian DiGiulian was the guy who got them in the door or was the lead recruiter on them doing the legwork while Sneddon was in charge and had started before he arrived okay...he was around before and with Sneddon and once he left recruiting went to ****. I'm just not sure I can totally buy that these 14 year olds and one 11 year old were all ready to go to UVM before Sneddon arrived. The commitment at that age seemed to have happened later and I feel at a minimum there would have been some press coverage about it considering it was such a big deal that the 13 year old who never showed up committed 6-8 years ago.
                                I'm sorry..I should have worded it better..All those players committed and were recruited by the staff prior too and when Sneddon first arrived. As far as Stahlberg goes, he was recruited by everybody. He was the top scorer on on the J20 Elite team in Frolunda..hats off to Micheletto for landing him.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/article...ktor_stalberg/

Comment

Working...
                                X