Nice game for the Catamounts last night. Couple random observations (all of this is prefaced by Guelph is not a very good team):
- The Guelph goal was because the defense backed in way to far past the blue line without making a play on the puck.
- Line combinations worked well. Or it might be that Guelph is not very good team.
- Seems like a shift in systems might be happening. A little less turtle shell block shots at all costs defense in the defensive zone. The forwards are breaking out a little earlier and I think that was opening up the center ice more. Or it might be that Guelph is not very good team.
- Lekkas settled in after giving up the first goal. Or it might be that Guelph is not very good team.
- Nice seeing Harmon and Beck get on the ice. They played well and both had some great saves. Shout out to Beck coming on the ice while UVM was killing off a penalty. Right into the fire.
- Freshman played well. Or it might be that Guelph is not very good team.
- For the first time in forever our seats are on the penalty box side because of the construction. From a distance, Sneddon looks vaguely like Putin. Can't blame Guelph for that