Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Didn't Princeton go that route with their current coach? They won ECAC title a couple years ago.
    Yeah and outside that Cinderella run through the ECAC tournament it's not been good for that coach Ron Fogarty. Wouldn't put it past UVM to explore D3 coaches because they have on others like the women's hockey coach. Only one I think worth considering is Ellsworth at Norwich though because he has years of D1 experience as an assistant and that was within this decade at a fellow league team that has been highly successful. I think some of these D3 guys could coach at a higher level and do well because coaching is coaching but recruiting and relationships are way different at that level. I do think UVM is going to have to lean on someone with a coaching and development background over being a master recruiter. Certainly need an upgrade in the talent but it's really about taking that talent and guiding it to improve individually and as a team year over year. You get someone who is trusted with the development of a draft pick or can turn undrafted kids into free agent prospects for the next level along with being able to get this team back to competing in the top 6 every year. Somewhere along the way Sneddon stopped doing or the truth caught up to him.

Comment

For the record, my ideal new HC that replaces Sneddon is Ben Barr at UMass. Good recruiter, works with defenders (Which is good for this group as IMO the guy with the most college potential on this team is a defender), success as an assistant basically everywhere he went.
      https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
      https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
      NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
      Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

I don't see how Schulman can resign Sneddon. New rink, close relationships, the propensity for keeping coaches... all that is meaningless when the rink is half full. Losing $15K-20K / game because you can't get fans to come watch the train wreck that is occurring is speaking a different language than previously. Before they still had a wait list to rely on to sell tickets, but Sneddon's burned through that. You can't extend a contract to a coach who is losing more than his contracts even worth.
        Originally posted by Hokydad
        Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
          I don't see how Schulman can resign Sneddon. New rink, close relationships, the propensity for keeping coaches... all that is meaningless when the rink is half full. Losing $15K-20K / game because you can't get fans to come watch the train wreck that is occurring is speaking a different language than previously. Before they still had a wait list to rely on to sell tickets, but Sneddon's burned through that. You can't extend a contract to a coach who is losing more than his contracts even worth.
          Totally agree. Let's just hope Schulman sees it that way. I still don't think it's a lock though.

Comment

New to the comments, but have greatly enjoyed the thread despite the way Sneddon has dragged down the program. Saw this as a student when Gilligan was kept on despite the mess. As amazing as UVM has been recruiting goalies over the years, it would seem that coaching has gone the opposite direction. As a previous post stated Ducharme would have been amazing. It seems things are so bad that St. Louis's kid is going to attend a different HE school too.

Comment

Love the Soucy handle, he's from my day. What a player, some of the saves he made were as spectacular as I've seen. Had a cup of coffee with the Blackhawks if I remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Catamount93 View Post
                Love the Soucy handle, he's from my day. What a player, some of the saves he made were as spectacular as I've seen. Had a cup of coffee with the Blackhawks if I remember correctly.
                Thanks. Was between that and honoring Ricker Love, who was great until tearing both hamstrings (I think) in what was his final game for UVM. He did have a tiny stint with the Hawks, who also signed Fallon, before a career in the minors.

Comment

Originally posted by SoucyWasNoSieve View Post
                  Thanks. Was between that and honoring Ricker Love, who was great until tearing both hamstrings (I think) in what was his final game for UVM. He did have a tiny stint with the Hawks, who also signed Fallon, before a career in the minors.
                  Welcome aboard. I remember Soucy well. His name probably doesn't come up as much as it should when talking about great UVM goalies.

Comment

Originally posted by SoucyWasNoSieve View Post
                    Ricker Love? Good lord, haven't heard that name in 25+ years. Did some quick research -- 30 points in the 90-91 season. Oh to have a player do that today....

Comment

Lekkas deserves better.

Comment

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                        Lekkas deserves better.
                        We all deserve better...

Comment

At least the flannel jerseys were a hit...right?!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Catamount View Post
                            At least the flannel jerseys were a hit...right?!
                            Bad in plaid

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                              We all deserve better...
                              Fire Sneddon

Comment

Last 5 posts have a total of 21 words, for an average of just over 4 words per post. Haha, guess there's not much to say at this point. We're using words about as much as the team is scoring goals, which is not much at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X