• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

It's that time of year again folks!

Comment

Anyone who gets out at all in Burlington has seen Sneddon over-indulging over the years. Never seen him with Schulman.

As far as Schulman, an interesting cat (no pun intended) from what I have observed. He hung around for years in the department, first when he was making peanuts in a bare-bones operation, then as second fiddle to the autocratic Corran, who did some good things, but led a somewhat dysfunctional, back-stabbing group with a lot of skeletons (Brennan, Agel, Dawley, etc). He was the good cop that smoothed things when Corran ruffled some feathers. So I think he has allegiance to some of the coaches, specifically Sneddon. But now he’s the top cat, so has to make some tough calls. He is well aware of the apathy and dwindling attendance at the hockey games. His legacy is getting the new Arena done. On the hockey side, hopefully the Gut renovations is truly “transformational” and not just a glorified paint job, and he needs to get the program back on track.
      Last edited by jfromvt; 11-12-2019, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Am I reading the statistics correctly that so far this year we have 20 power play opportunities and ZERO power play goals?

Comment

To the untrained eye UVM's power play and penalty kill are indistinguishable

Comment

Anyone see the Cats winning a game this weekend? I don't. Game 1: BC 4 UVM 1; Game 2: BC 4 UVM 2

Comment

Until Sneddon is gone no one will care. Time for a change. Until then I watch the Rangers.

Comment

The program is an absolute disgrace. Just let him go right now and name an interim coach to finish out the season.

Comment

Agree 100%.

What is telling for me is the body language of the head coach in the final minute of the game last night. I was walking out behind the benches and while I was passing the UVM bench leaving I noticed the head coach (Kevin Sneddon only) with his arms folded, feet crossed leaning up against the back glass. The game was over at that point but please do us all a favor and send this guy packing and hire someone who gives 2 ****s about the program. This is not on the kids, it's on the administration to do what is right. The coach has given up on this team in mid November. Make the change right now please.

Comment

Another game where the underclassman outperformed the upperclassman on the ice. At this point I am going to the games to watch hockey: BC played really well. I would love to see Sneddon gone at the break and bring in Jerry Tarrant as the interim coach to finish out the season. Really wish UVM has hired Dom Ducharme a couple years ago instead of renewing Sneddon.

Comment

• Re: UVM Catamounts 2019/20

Couple game notes:
                      Defense: Force the play at the blue line. STOP BACKING IN ON LEKKAS.
                      Offense: Drive to the net. Stop carrying the puck behind the net. Reverse direction if you need space or don't have an angle. Much better job taking the shot when it was there instead of passing.
                      PP Unit - Do not dump the puck into the offensive zone when you are on the power play. EVER!

Comment

Players tend to get worse over time under Sneddon. Check out player stats in relation to class rank-it's ugly. I'm really afraid he already has another
                        contract extension in place.

Originally posted by j24vt View Post
                        Another game where the underclassman outperformed the upperclassman on the ice. At this point I am going to the games to watch hockey: BC played really well. I would love to see Sneddon gone at the break and bring in Jerry Tarrant as the interim coach to finish out the season. Really wish UVM has hired Dom Ducharme a couple years ago instead of renewing Sneddon.

Comment

What a game by UVM men’s basketball with a well-deserved win at St. John’s. If only the hockey program had that type of leadership at the top...

Comment

Basketball and Lacrosse are now bigger than hockey.. .. as bad as it sounds you hope they go winless the rest of the year.. with their road trips they might start 1-13..

Comment

• Originally posted by VTALUM View Post
                              What a game by UVM men’s basketball with a well-deserved win at St. John’s. If only the hockey program had that type of leadership at the top...
                              I watched that game, it was awesome. They nearly gave me a heart attack at the end, but then Lamb came through! Great win!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kdaddy1968 View Post
                                Basketball and Lacrosse are now bigger than hockey.. .. as bad as it sounds you hope they go winless the rest of the year.. with their road trips they might start 1-13..
                                I agree, I do hope they go winless.

Comment

Working...
                                X