LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

We could lose a game to Merrimack if Mitens cracks under pressure of having the #1 goalie tag. I think goaltending will be fine though.
    LSSU hockey-3 time NCAA champs 1988, 1992, 1994

Comment

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
      The Lakers toughest test to start the season is not going to be against Denver or Michigan or Notre Dame but against Merrimack. Merrimack has been picked to finish last in their conference and I am sure in the power rankings they will be near the bottom . If Merrimack beats the Lakers on their home ice , that will be a bigger defeat then losing to the teams I just mentioned. The Lakers cannot allow a team like Merrimack to come in and take a win on their home ice.
      Damon has clearly mentioned his goal is to get back to the NCAA tournament this season. A loss to Merrimack would be a big setback in achieving that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Dude View Post
        Damon has clearly mentioned his goal is to get back to the NCAA tournament this season. A loss to Merrimack would be a big setback in achieving that goal.
        It's nice to hear that from Whitten. I hope LSSU starts strong. My goal would be for Lake State to go .500 against Denver/Michigan/Notre Dame. It might seem too high of a goal, but it would do wonders to help our case later. I would still be pretty content with 2 wins against that group with a sweep of Merrimack, though. I don't mind taking some lumps early, but we can really set a positive tone for the season if we're at 4-4 or 5-3 to start WCHA play.

Comment

I am going to miss the first two weekends of the season as we will be traveling but just want to say,,,,,,GO LAKERS

Comment

I wish Scott Borek the best except for this weekend. Borek is a class act and I hope his head coaching career at Merrimack is more successful than here.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
              I wish Scott Borek the best except for this weekend. Borek is a class act and I hope his head coaching career at Merrimack is more successful than here.
              I read an article on him last year in his first season at Merrimack in which he said he thought he had tried to be too much like Jeff Jackson rather than just being himself when he was coaching the Lakers.

He's always had a reputation as a good recruiter. Still has to prove himself as a D1 head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                He's always had a reputation as a good recruiter. Still has to prove himself as a D1 head coach.
                Borek was not ready to be a D1 head hockey coach back in 1996 as he only spent only one year as an assistant at the D1 level with the Lakers. Jeff Jackson needed to hire a more experienced D1 assistant coach or had Anazlone come back.

Comment

Q&A with Whitten in the Soo Evening News

https://www.sooeveningnews.com/sport...-coach-whitten

Comment

Anyone listen to the Laker Hockey Show Tuesday? Is everyone healthy and ready to go to start the season? Hoping the podcast is posted soon.

Comment

Originally posted by LSSULaker889294 View Post
                      Anyone listen to the Laker Hockey Show Tuesday? Is everyone healthy and ready to go to start the season? Hoping the podcast is posted soon.
                      There was no talk about everyone being healthy and ready to go. The coaches have been gone a lot to junior showcases. I think they all may have been at the NAHL showcase last week. The BCHL showcase is going on now so one of the guys may be there this weekend unless they come back early. Max Humitz was on the show and he said he's been playing on a line with Dustin Manz and Louis Boudon in practice, so that may be a line we see this weekend.

Comment

Looking back at past schedules and results, this is the first time a Hockey East team has played at Abel Arena since 10/20/1996 when we played Maine. Also this is Merrimack's first trip up here since the 1988 NCAA tournament.

Hoping for a Laker sweep this weekend!

Edit: Last time a Hockey East team played at Abel Arena was actually against New Hampshire October 22-23,1999. The Lakers got swept. Lakers also played Vermont October 31 and Movrmber 1, 1997. They lost the first game and won the 2nd. The 11/1/97 game was the Lakers last home win against a Hockey East team until beating Merrimack last night
                        Last edited by LSSULaker889294; 10-06-2019, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Go Lakers, ring the bell tonight!
                          Last edited by lakersparty; 10-05-2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

Nice 6-2 win! The Lakers still have an effective offense and Mitens was sharp stopping a penalty shot. Just what Lake State needs to have a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
                              Nice 6-2 win! The Lakers still have an effective offense and Mitens was sharp stopping a penalty shot. Just what Lake State needs to have a good year.
                              I thought the game was closer than the final score indicates. Kind of sloppy for both teams in the 1st period. Once the Lakers got a 2 goal lead, I thought they played quite a bit sharper the rest of the way.

Comment

Well done, Lakers!

Comment

Working...
                                X