Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LSSU Lakers 2019-20

Originally posted by sm2pk View Post
    It is not hard to see why MN.State is ranked number one. Out of 28 players,25 are from the USHL,with 2 more from the BCHL and the last from the AJHL .
    There's more to it than where players come from. You have to get the right players. For quite a few years in the CCHA, both BG and WMU were getting a lot of players from the USHL but that did not result in them being good teams.

Comment

The Lakers have received a commitment from forward Benito Posa, a Michigan kid playing for Green Bay in the USHL. He will be coming in next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...68/benito-posa

Comment

Another non scorer .

Comment

Another non scorer .
          He had a decent scoring season a year ago with Green Bay. It's down so far this season for some reason. Scoring in general in the USHL isn't as high as other junior leagues. If he's a good enough skater, he can still help the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
            The Lakers have received a commitment from forward Benito Posa, a Michigan kid playing for Green Bay in the USHL. He will be coming in next season.

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...68/benito-posa
            I know the Lakers have been celebrating their worldwide efforts, but I really like when they get kids from Michigan. The glory days had key guys from Michigan like Weight, Rolston, Napierala, Valicevic, Aldridge, Keczmer, Hossack, Trzcinski, and others I may be forgetting. Not to put that pressure on Posa that he'll be one of them, but hey a guy can dream that the Lakers will be getting a gem.

Comment

Originally posted by lakersparty View Post
              I know the Lakers have been celebrating their worldwide efforts, but I really like when they get kids from Michigan. The glory days had key guys from Michigan like Weight, Rolston, Napierala, Valicevic, Aldridge, Keczmer, Hossack, Trzcinski, and others I may be forgetting. Not to put that pressure on Posa that he'll be one of them, but hey a guy can dream that the Lakers will be getting a gem.
              I think there are at least 7 kids from Michigan committed to the Lakers. Probably 2 or 3 of them will come in next season. The rest are further out.

Comment

From the LHS, Saccoman will still be out of the lineup this weekend due to injury, but Gelsinger will be making the trip and playing for the first time this season.

Comment

From the LHS, Saccoman will still be out of the lineup this weekend due to injury, but Gelsinger will be making the trip and playing for the first time this season.
                  Don't get me wrong, I like Gelsinger, but is it really a good idea to put a guy in against Mankato who hasn't skated in a single game this year? And likely hasn't had much contact practice either? Maybe Whitten said something else on the show concerning this, someone can fill me in there.

I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup, nor am I saying I particularly fond of how all the forwards have played so far, but putting him in against Mankato just feels bad.
                  LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Another non scorer .
                    Did you say the same about Humitz? Taking a look at this EP page, he wasn't really anything special, looking at the stat lines.

He played in 187 USHL games, between Lincoln, Muskegon and Tri-City, tallying only 73 points. His best year was the 2013-14 season, tallying 29 total points in 58 games. His last season he only had 19 points in 54 games.

So far, he has 91 points in 126 games at the NCAA level. His best being last year, tallying 33 points in 36 games. His lowest is 20 points in 36 games. He has 15 in 18 as of right now.

Now, I know a lot goes into a player's stats. I don't know how strong each of either Posa's or Humitz' teams were on either side of the action. but while stat lines can be a decent indicator as to how a player is going to be
                    LSSU Alumni & Fan.

Still a work in progress, but please join us at the (unofficial) Laker Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                      Don't get me wrong, I like Gelsinger, but is it really a good idea to put a guy in against Mankato who hasn't skated in a single game this year? And likely hasn't had much contact practice either? Maybe Whitten said something else on the show concerning this, someone can fill me in there.

I'm not saying that he doesn't deserve to be in the lineup, nor am I saying I particularly fond of how all the forwards have played so far, but putting him in against Mankato just feels bad.
                      I don't live in the Soo so I don't attend any practices, but Gelsinger has been skating for a while. I don't know how much contact he's been subjected to in practice. He's one of the best forward skaters on the team, maybe the best, and if he feels he's ready to go and the trainers/doctors give their approval, I'm fine with letting him play. Last week on the LHS, Damon said he was close to being able to play again. This week it sounds like he's now ready. Whether it's against Mankato or someone else, if he's recovered from his injury, being able to play again should help the team. I don't know how much they will play him this weekend. Maybe they will just spot him in and out until they see how he is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Deman View Post
                        Did you say the same about Humitz? Taking a look at this EP page, he wasn't really anything special, looking at the stat lines.

He played in 187 USHL games, between Lincoln, Muskegon and Tri-City, tallying only 73 points. His best year was the 2013-14 season, tallying 29 total points in 58 games. His last season he only had 19 points in 54 games.

So far, he has 91 points in 126 games at the NCAA level. His best being last year, tallying 33 points in 36 games. His lowest is 20 points in 36 games. He has 15 in 18 as of right now.

Now, I know a lot goes into a player's stats. I don't know how strong each of either Posa's or Humitz' teams were on either side of the action. but while stat lines can be a decent indicator as to how a player is going to be
                        I said the same thing about the entire team. Except for last season,non scorers dominated the team for years .

Comment

A little blurb from Neutral Zone on Posa:

https://***********/_Neutral_Zone/st...47985014280193

Comment

I think there are at least 7 kids from Michigan committed to the Lakers. Probably 2 or 3 of them will come in next season. The rest are further out.
                            I'm sure I am missing some recruits, but I only show 3 committed forwards right now. Tyler Williams is 106th in scoring in the BCHL, Josh Wildauer is 59th in the BCHL, and Benito Posa is 165th in the USHL.

All the rest are defensemen or goalies so it would seem that the firepower is lacking a bit coming in. That isn't saying these guys can't be great scorers at the NCAA level, but you certainly can't blame anyone for doubting based on those numbers currently.

Comment

Originally posted by CKrouth View Post
                              I'm sure I am missing some recruits, but I only show 3 committed forwards right now. Tyler Williams is 106th in scoring in the BCHL, Josh Wildauer is 59th in the BCHL, and Benito Posa is 165th in the USHL.

All the rest are defensemen or goalies so it would seem that the firepower is lacking a bit coming in. That isn't saying these guys can't be great scorers at the NCAA level, but you certainly can't blame anyone for doubting based on those numbers currently.
                              I was responding to the post from lakersparty about liking to see more Michigan kids. There are at least 8 committed that I'm aware of, counting the recent addition of Posa. In addition to the 3 you mentioned, there are 3 D-men (Hill, Huggins, Hindman) and 2 other forwards (DenBeste, Piku). Not sure why Williams scoring is off so far this season. Wildauer was injured early in the season but his scoring has picked up lately.

Comment

I was responding to the post from lakersparty about liking to see more Michigan kids. There are at least 8 committed that I'm aware of, counting the recent addition of Posa. In addition to the 3 you mentioned, there are 3 D-men (Hill, Huggins, Hindman) and 2 other forwards (DenBeste, Piku). Not sure why Williams scoring is off so far this season. Wildauer was injured early in the season but his scoring has picked up lately.
                                Sorry, I replied to the wrong post. DenBeste is 60th in the NAHL and Piku is still playing U18. Not sure why they aren't listed on Heisenberg's list.

Comment

Working...
                                X