Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.58: Admit it, those lights are making you look orange too.

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    A number of countries wanted the investigator gone for ignoring corruption: https://theintercept.com/2019/05/10/...reformer-says/

So of course the Trump camp accused other of doing what they themselves were doing.
    So, I'm confused. What does any of that have to do with the Clinton Campaign? Or Biden's campaign?
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I wondered frequently during the 2016 campaign season which would come first if trump was elected, another American civil war, or World War III. I'm still wondering. We all knew things would be troubling if trump won but what has shocked me the most has been that in the face of dozens of impeachable offenses, hundreds of ridiculous and dangerous policy decisions and literally thousands of lies -- multiple lies daily on average, both the republican party and the Americans who voted for trump have done nothing but stick their heads further in the sand, or applauded loudly as the country sinks deeper and deeper into fascism. Almost as troubling is the number of people who, even though they did not support trump or believe he is a fit president, don't seem to recognize the existential threats that our nation -- and the entire world -- face because of this president. Listening to him today has been nothing short of infuriating and makes me question even notions like whether non-violent change is even possible anymore.

While everyday people need to keep fighting and do everything possible to steer the ship in a positive direction I don't know how anyone can be optimistic about our chances going forward. Perhaps if a filibuster proof democratic majority is elected in the Senate, democrats hold the house and the right person wins the presidency, things will turn. But that relies on the democrats both recognizing a turn in public sentiment if that kind of an election wave happens, and the willingness to act boldly. Who really believes the leadership in that party is capable of that? I don't.

Right now I just hope that the American public realizes the dire straights we are in and continues at least the electoral solutions we found last November in November of 2020. It would help of the democratic party picks the correct nominee in 2020. I'm not sure yet at all who that might be, but whoever it is better be able to inspire people better than a presidential nominee has in a long, long time.

Comment

I haven't been at all surprised by either Dump or the GOP. They have both told us who they are clearly over the years.

Likewise Republican voters haven't surprised me much. To actually fall for Dump in the first place suggests impaired cognitive ability and imprisonment in their Echo Chamber fantasyland. How could somebody that dumb and misinformed about Dump in the first place suddenly become smart and informed enough to rationally evaluate his record in office? My only surprise at Dump's 90% approval rating among his voters is it isn't 100%. Dead above the neck stays dead. Look at the GOP supporters here.

The only way out is through. We can't sneak past their Nazism trying not to arouse their further anger. We have to square up and hit them in the mouth. Engage directly with their fascism and push it right back down their throats. D-Day, not Munich. F-ck these guys. They're not misguided partners in a search for American goodness. They're bandits. Face them. Fight them. Beat them. Bring them to justice.
        Last edited by Kepler; 09-20-2019, 11:06 AM.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ran across this. Think of it as Maslow's Pyramid for argument:

Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            Ran across this. Think of it as Maslow's Pyramid for argument:

Like he's supposed to know.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              So, I'm confused. What does any of that have to do with the Clinton Campaign? Or Biden's campaign?
              Biden's son sat on the board of directors of some company controlled by this Russian guy, I don't recall his name off the top of my head. The Ukraine prosecutor was supposed to be looking into that guy and his company for corruption. He dropped the investigation. Basically turned a blind eye to what the guy was doing.

A year or so later, the UK and other countries, including the US, were pressuring the Ukraine to dismiss this prosecutor, largely because of the blind eye he was turning to corruption. He was fired.

Dimwit Donnie has sent Rudy Jessup to Ukraine to try to get someone, anyone, in that government to say that Biden pressured Ukraine to fire the prosecutor to protect his son from investigation for corruption. The investigation that wasn't happening, but whatever. Somehow, there's something in there about Biden paying them $1.6 billion to drop the investigation, I don't know where this figure comes from. But, Biden pays them off to end an investigation into his son, an investigation that was never there to begin with.

But Donnie wants someone in the Ukraine to say this, so he can use it against Biden in the election. And this is where the whistle blower thing comes in, Trump was withholding $250 million in military aid to Ukraine, supposedly in an effort to get them to play ball. Basically, he's using Rudy to try to get Ukraine to influence the 2020 election, as Russia did the 2016. And of course, Russia will also still be working for Trump in 2020 also.
              Last edited by rufus; 09-20-2019, 01:11 PM.
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Somehow, there's something in there about Biden paying them $1.6 billion to drop the investigation, I don't know where this figure comes from.
                They LOOOOOOOVE making numbers up and then quoting each other on the numbers to make it sound like a valid citation.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

There’s a term for that because it’s become so rampant: zombie facts
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    They LOOOOOOOVE making numbers up and then quoting each other on the numbers to make it sound like a valid citation.
                    I think they get it from some aid package the Obama administration promised the Ukraine. And then extrapolate from there that Biden told them they'd only get it if they fired the prosecutor looking into his son's company.

The prosecutor who was refusing to look into his son's company. But that's like, you know, the Russians were helping Hillary cause the DNC was financing a company who was paying a guy to look into Trump's Russian ties.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Makes about as much sense as the Republican filled FBI rigging the election for Hillary even though she lost. Apparently Donnie believes everyone is as inept as him because they all try and fail in these big conspiracies
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It appears to me we yet again have him on impeachable offenses. And what's happening? Well, nothing.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dems need to start taking action.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                                Dems need to start taking action.

It's the same movie over and over and over again. How much do the Dems need? Impeach the bastard and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X